What's new

Black Canary Adjustments & Changes Wishlist

Are these reasonable changes?

• Total voters

astronout

see you at the top.
Omggerd I forgot about you. Yeah I thought about f1 being a mid, but I'm not sure if they'd do that. MB trait sounds cool, but if they make the trait recharge during rounds you would almost always have level 2(which Is seriously probably the most important one). Also I don't like the idea of using 1 bar to get from 2 to 3, cus if they block it I lose my trait and a bar :(
you wouldn't have to use a bar to get to level 3, but you would have to use it to have it crush projectiles. I think that's fair because you're using meter and trait to beat and punish a projectile. However, it wouldn't have armor.

I personally really like the idea of armored LVL 3 trait. Now you don't have to buff her D2 as her trait would act as her anti air. And also, you can now punish gaps in strings and get out of pressure. To compensate however, trait still does not charge in between rounds.

Either of these changes would make her tourney viable.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
you wouldn't have to use a bar to get to level 3, but you would have to use it to have it crush projectiles. I think that's fair because you're using meter and trait to beat and punish a projectile. However, it wouldn't have armor.

I personally really like the idea of armored LVL 3 trait. Now you don't have to buff her D2 as her trait would act as her anti air. And also, you can now punish gaps in strings and get out of pressure. To compensate however, trait still does not charge in between rounds.
Now if they made it crush projectiles then fuck yes sign me up for that haha

Temptress

Edenian Empress
I want Armored MB Trait

or

Be able to MB LVL 3 to crush projectiles.
MB trait is a gear ability, so definitely not going to happen, regardless of how good this sounds.

Honestly, I think Dinah is in a pretty good spot for the most part and I want her to maintain her identity as a high risk/high reward character and mixup queen. I definitely agree with these changes, though I might add I think her B1 should be slightly faster, though I don't think she needs it if these changes go through.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Hello people. I'd like to share what I feel i would like to see changed in the upcoming patch for Black Canary. This isn't a troll thread, and I'm very serious. She's a very good character and imo one of the more balanced characters along with flash as they have ass range/neutral but when they get in boi it's play time. Difference is flash has these 2 changes already that I'm about to suggest for her and truthfully I don't see these as too crazy at all. If you have your own changes you'd like to see for her please share and lmk what you think of mine!

1. Trait now recharges in between rounds, and she now starts with level 3 at the start of the match.

-I really don't know why these two aren't already this way. Seriously I believe every single character that has a recharging trait starts off with theirs fully and she does not. I mean I understand level 3 is strong(personally i think level 2 may be the most important l) but you have much stronger traits in the game,I think if they kept the traits the same it wouldn't be too crazy. Although the charge time from level 2 to 3 may have to be slowed down to compensate for this buff.

2. Her D2 is now 6f and slightly better priority or hitbox

-Seriously, her d2 sucks haha. I'd really like to have a good anti air on hand whenever I catch someone jumping on me a lot. She can be abused by some characters with really good jump ins or maybe the jump ins are too strong. Either way I feel every character should be viable at d2 usage!

That's it. She's fine in all other aspects IMO. What do you guys think!

@HellblazerHawkman
@Take$$$
@xKhaoTik
@Red Raptor
@Nexallus
@JDE
@Mista_Snacks
@Raiderhorn
@Dabluprint4
@Made Capo
@Pleasa
@Tiger Wong
@Compbros
@Sweet Cheese
@The Philocypher

If I forgot you sorry!
(Disclaimer: I don't think Canary needs any buffs, but I haven't said much at all lately so I wanted to interact with the Canary fam a bit!)

My personal DREAM BUFF that is way too good but have to post anyway:

B1 now 10 frames, her hurtbox shrinks frame 1, has b2's animation(or similar) and properties(or just slightly further range and slightly lowering her hurtbox a bit more), can no longer special cancel it, +2 on block, & B12 is now a +23 hard knockdown and -10 on block. Both B1 and B12 now have 13 whiff recovery frames. hnnnnnnggggggg

=-=(D3 now 0 or +2 on block 10 whiff recovery frames and better horizontal range LMFAOOO)=-=

---

As for the buffs in the OP, if they were to happen, I'd do this instead:

Start with lvl 2 and not lvl 3. Lvl 3 might be a little too good but starting with lvl 2 should put the same amount of initial fear into the opponent, with a little more room for the opponent's counterplay if they create & maintain distance right off the bat. Still seems a little too good to me but idk anymore loool.

Trait charges between rounds BUT it charges 2-2.5 times slower than average.

For some reason starting with lvl 3 and having trait charge normally between rounds feels like it would break the character to me, which is why I kinda toned those down. I cant quite put my finger on why it feels that way to me though and why other, seemingly better buffs don't quite make me feel the same way.

Honestly I'd just leave her trait alone because if they end up wanting to nerf her later, they're going to look at the trait very closely, and that's a super fragile move. Just like many things in many games, it's an unstable move by design. It's either going to be ridiculous, monstrously broken on an omniversal scale, trash, or super garbage so weak it heals the opponent so much they become a god tier trash, there's no middle ground with her trait imo. Right now it's in the ridiculous category, by which I mean it's easily a top 3 trait(imo it's the best). She's going to be balanced around her trait whether we like it or not, so doing anything to it is just too scary for me. I mean, the small buff they already gave it basically made the SZ matchup soooooooooo much easier than it otherwise would've been.

However, I've always been willing to admit that I'm wrong when it comes to her strength, and that's even more true now given that I haven't really been able to play matches at all since CEO, so I don't blame anyone for writing my opinion off until I can get back into the swing of things. I just think that Canary and Flash share a ton of similarities in that they're both considered to be around top 15 by most people, but the reason they seem weaker is that they're VERY bad meta picks because it's so easy to run into AM & WoWo in bracket which are hard af to fight unless you're mega on point.

But yeah, ideally if they were going to buff her in some way NO MATTER WHAT, I'd like to see my b1/b12 rework but maybe toned down a bit lolll. Still don't think she needs anything though.

x TeeJay o

(Disclaimer: I don't think Canary needs any buffs, but I haven't said much at all lately so I wanted to interact with the Canary fam a bit!)

My personal DREAM BUFF that is way too good but have to post anyway:

B1 now 10 frames, her hurtbox shrinks frame 1, has b2's animation(or similar) and properties(or just slightly further range and slightly lowering her hurtbox a bit more), can no longer special cancel it, +2 on block, & B12 is now a +23 hard knockdown and -10 on block. Both B1 and B12 now have 13 whiff recovery frames. hnnnnnnggggggg

=-=(D3 now 0 or +2 on block 10 whiff recovery frames and better horizontal range LMFAOOO)=-=

---

As for the buffs in the OP, if they were to happen, I'd do this instead:

Start with lvl 2 and not lvl 3. Lvl 3 might be a little too good but starting with lvl 2 should put the same amount of initial fear into the opponent, with a little more room for the opponent's counterplay if they create & maintain distance right off the bat. Still seems a little too good to me but idk anymore loool.

Trait charges between rounds BUT it charges 2-2.5 times slower than average.

For some reason starting with lvl 3 and having trait charge normally between rounds feels like it would break the character to me, which is why I kinda toned those down. I cant quite put my finger on why it feels that way to me though and why other, seemingly better buffs don't quite make me feel the same way.

Honestly I'd just leave her trait alone because if they end up wanting to nerf her later, they're going to look at the trait very closely, and that's a super fragile move. Just like many things in many games, it's an unstable move by design. It's either going to be ridiculous, monstrously broken on an omniversal scale, trash, or super garbage so weak it heals the opponent so much they become a god tier trash, there's no middle ground with her trait imo. Right now it's in the ridiculous category, by which I mean it's easily a top 3 trait(imo it's the best). She's going to be balanced around her trait whether we like it or not, so doing anything to it is just too scary for me. I mean, the small buff they already gave it basically made the SZ matchup soooooooooo much easier than it otherwise would've been.

However, I've always been willing to admit that I'm wrong when it comes to her strength, and that's even more true now given that I haven't really been able to play matches at all since CEO, so I don't blame anyone for writing my opinion off until I can get back into the swing of things. I just think that Canary and Flash share a ton of similarities in that they're both considered to be around top 15 by most people, but the reason they seem weaker is that they're VERY bad meta picks because it's so easy to run into AM & WoWo in bracket which are hard af to fight unless you're mega on point.

But yeah, ideally if they were going to buff her in some way NO MATTER WHAT, I'd like to see my b1/b12 rework but maybe toned down a bit lolll. Still don't think she needs anything though.
Yeah I've updated the OP and removed level 3 being available at the start. That was more of a luxury than a need and I agree that we don't really need it. I still feel her d2 should get a look

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Yeah I've updated the OP and removed level 3 being available at the start. That was more of a luxury than a need and I agree that we don't really need it. I still feel her d2 should get a look
Oooohhh sweet, it wasn't just me then lols. Honestly I feel comfortable with her AA options. At some ranges d3 doesn't work, but you can still d3 to make the jump in whiff, and if my reactions are super on point I have no problem dashing forward if dashing back wont work. Also the few games I've been able to play while trying to utilize my metered/meterless vortex with no practice lul, I found myself being super comfortable using MB B3 as a very consistent AA since meter is no longer essential to kill them off a hit. Not feeling like I'm in a forced marriage with meter is so nice.

What I really want more than anything is a faster whiff punishing tool(pref ends in a + hard knockdown lol) that covers more distance, because while I think her neutral has the potential to be among the best in the game with or without lvl 2/3, it's just impossible to imagine it happening in tournament consistently(at least with the way I envision her optimized neutral) because you have to be soooooooo on point 24/7 every single second of every game its so hard urghhhhh. I'm so willing to give up b1 combos for it, like, I wouldn't hesitate even a tiny bit. I don't think she needs it, but damn it would be so nice.

(lvl 2 same startup frames as lvl 3 tho lmao hnnnggg)

..... while I think her neutral has the potential to be among the best in the game with or without lvl 2/3, it's just impossible to imagine it happening in tournament consistently(at least with the way I envision her optimized neutral) because you have to be soooooooo on point 24/7 every single second of every game its so hard urghhhhh.)
You're talking about the Instant Air Canary Drop, aren't you?

I suck at it but I'm probably not doing it right. I don't have a stick. Just the normal PS4 pad. I can't tiger knee the motion because Canary Drop is a tatsu motion as opposed to a hadoken. How are you doing it?

..... while I think her neutral has the potential to be among the best in the game with or without lvl 2/3, it's just impossible to imagine it happening in tournament consistently(at least with the way I envision her optimized neutral) because you have to be soooooooo on point 24/7 every single second of every game its so hard urghhhhh.)
You're talking about the Instant Air Canary Drop, aren't you?

I suck at it but I'm probably not doing it right. I don't have a stick. Just the normal PS4 pad. I can't tiger knee the motion because Canary Drop is a tatsu motion as opposed to a hadoken. How are you doing it?

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I personally never use D2 as it doesn't seem to be as viable as others in the cast, so any buff to that where it has a real world use would be of benefit to the character.

Regarding her trait charging between rounds, I was under the assumption that is was that way in the Beta, but then they changed it for the retail release, or am I mistaken?

However, I honestly feel that if they make any changes to her trait where we get to use it more often than we already do in any given match, NRS will lean towards adjust her damage scaling to compensate... I just hope it doesn't cancel the "buff" out in the process lol...

x TeeJay o

I personally never use D2 as it doesn't seem to be as viable as others in the cast, so any buff to that where it has a real world use would be of benefit to the character.

Regarding her trait charging between rounds, I was under the assumption that is was that way in the Beta, but then they changed it for the retail release, or am I mistaken?

However, I honestly feel that if they make any changes to her trait where we get to use it more often than we already do in any given match, NRS will lean towards adjust her damage scaling to compensate... I just hope it doesn't cancel the "buff" out in the process lol...
I don't know where people get this info from, but it never charged during the beta. At any point. It charged in a build BEFORE the game officially launched which was watchtower season

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I don't know where people get this info from, but it never charged during the beta. At any point. It charged in a build BEFORE the game officially launched which was watchtower season
I recall reading it somewhere on the forums shortly after launch, although can't remember the specific thread or poster. Either way, as stated before, I never played the Beta which was why it was phrased in a question form.

Thank you for clarifying either way @x TeeJay o :)

Also, wholeheartedly agree with this particular quote of yours and hope for buffs off the strength of everything you said (below):

I'm not looking at the lvl 3 trait in a vacuum. I'm looking at the character. Vs ......

WoWo
Ivy
Harley
Deadshot
Fate
Superman
Supergirl

At full screen AND midrange, lvl 3 CC is her only move that can change the outcome of being kept out with impunity with the exception of a lucky (probably a REALLY lucky) cartwheel and slowly ducking and taking step after step and taking chip and also hoping you don't get tagged by an advancing normal/special in mid range.

x TeeJay o

So that's why you wanted that level 2 to level 3 trait charge "nerf" :DOGE
Yeah basically. She gets level 2 a LOT faster than level 3. So if it charged during rounds she would def have level 2 basically all the time. Which is why i said reduce charge time.