What's new

Black Adam 1.06 Patch Notes

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Black Adam
· Reduced duration of Orbs of Seth (Character Power) to 4.5 seconds and increased the cool down to 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds)
· Boot Stomp now has a block advantage of -21 (down from -15)
· Lightning Strike now only hits grounded opponents when performed outside of a combo.
· The Meter Burn version of the Lightning Strike is now -1 (down from +8)
· The Meter Burn version of Black Magic no longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting.
· Reduced the distance Black Adam covers when back-dashing
· Increased the duration of the back dash to 31 frames (up from 26)
· Increased the duration of the front dash to 18 frames (up from 16)
· Slightly increased the amount of damage scaling on combos.
· Fixed an issue where the Orbs of Seth were labeled UNBLOCKABLE during Practice mode when they hit Mid.
· Fixed an issue where Black Adam could stack two sets of the Orbs of Seth.
· Improved Hit Advantage on the Eye Of Horus combo (Back + Medium, Hard, Up, Medium)

My thoughts
1- Orbs were obviously going to be touched. Dont really care about this one.

2-Boot stomp even worse on block. Well....

3-Lightning not hitting in air is huge. Zoning and running will be that much harder.

4-Lightning loses some of its advantage, not really that big a deal, still pushes back i guess.

5-This is a buff and it sounds like it could be pretty awesome. 25% unclashable full screen is probly close to what you can now get off this or maybe close to 40% off MB BM which is awesome. Well see though.

6-We knew this was coming, well see if it affects the gameplay a lot or not.

7/8-Gerneral backdash changes that we knew were coming. Nothing special here just gotta see if it is terrible or not.

9-Damage scaling is of course gonna come too. 46% meterless is just too good. Probly close to 40 if i had to guess is what we will be looking at.

10/11-Dont really care just bugs.

12-This could be huge. This knockdown is a sick knockdown but right now it has 0 uses cause its negative on hit. Will be fun to see how much advantage you get and what can be done with it.

2 buffs and mostly nerfs we knew were coming. Totally fine with all of this and barring the actual in game application of these changes i think Black Adam will still be good. We will have to wait and see though as always.

Error

DF2+R2
Two things that I'm looking at here, by buffing MB Black Magic we might be losing our F3 splat cross up, and I'm curious about that B23 u2 buff.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So basically: less damage, more cooldown on Orbs, less mobility with the back dashing, more recovery after dashing, more recovery on a blocked DIIIIIVE KEEK, and ground lightning actually hits people who are ON THE GROUND.

Does that sound about right?

Also, what's this? The Meter Burn version of Black Magic no longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Two things that I'm looking at here, by buffing MB Black Magic we might be losing our F3 splat cross up, and I'm curious about that B23 u2 buff.
It also means MB Black Magic into B3 will now wall bounce for better combos off it as well.

Error

DF2+R2
Also, what's this? The Meter Burn version of Black Magic no longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting.
Currently if Black Adam tries to B3/F3 after any version of Black Magic the opponent just falls out of the combo like when you do B3/F3 into another B3/F3.

It also means MB Black Magic into B3 will now wall bounce for better combos off it as well.
Yeah

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I think that BA is still a solid character. You just now have to be slightly more careful with using him, from now on.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Any idea if forward dash will affect mb bs midscreen combos? His other juggles definitely won't be. Trait stuff is really going to affect my playstyle/pressure.

Vagrant

Noob
You aint backdashing out of my frame traps anymore without getting blown up by j3 into full combo.

Thats all I fucking wanted. lol. I think Adam will still be fine.

I dont think MB Boot Stomp is getting touched again. It seems like only regular is AGAIN. ugh.

I fear Black Adam will get absolutely killed by good zoners now.
I hope not lol...

Why do you think that? wouldn't the black magic buff help with that? I never regular DK anyway unless I'm really desperate anyway.
The nerf on his forward dash is worrying, though. Cyborg is gonna be a complete bitch now. I'll probably have to pick up slade for that one.

I fear Black Adam will get absolutely killed by good zoners now.
he already does now
itl just be even worse lol
especially with sinestro being basically the same/buffed and cyborg getting buffed

now i can just insant air ALL DAY and not trade with lightning lol. the only thing you can do is guess on super negative black magic, or try to duckwalk/divekick guess

cdb2

Noob
Black Adam
· Reduced duration of Orbs of Seth (Character Power) to 4.5 seconds and increased the cool down to 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds)
· Boot Stomp now has a block advantage of -21 (down from -15)
· Lightning Strike now only hits grounded opponents when performed outside of a combo.
· The Meter Burn version of the Lightning Strike is now -1 (down from +8)
· The Meter Burn version of Black Magic no longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting.
· Reduced the distance Black Adam covers when back-dashing
· Increased the duration of the back dash to 31 frames (up from 26)
· Increased the duration of the front dash to 18 frames (up from 16)
· Slightly increased the amount of damage scaling on combos.
· Fixed an issue where the Orbs of Seth were labeled UNBLOCKABLE during Practice mode when they hit Mid.
· Fixed an issue where Black Adam could stack two sets of the Orbs of Seth.
· Improved Hit Advantage on the Eye Of Horus combo (Back + Medium, Hard, Up, Medium)
I come home and get ready to see what's up or if there have been any updates Injustice before popping in GTAV and this is the sh#@
I see...

Well at least Sinestro didn't get hit by the nerf bat....Right.
..Right?

So we can finally MB Black Magic after a B3/F3 and we can possibly create oki situations after b23u2. Pretty cool buffs.

Most of the nerfs are fair and to be expected.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
soooo is black adam....like, not good now?

if not, i think imma just use WW or MMH....

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
irdc, and thats where your wrong, ya see, im not even close to trash
Yea you are. You were trash in MK and I'm sure you're trash here since you're trying so desperately to find the new top character. If you went to tourneys I would understand, but you don't. You're just an online warrior who complains and RQs and send hatemail when things don't go your way. But yea, I'm done derailing this thread. Stay positive.