What's new

Question Biggest joke/ScrewUp in MK9

Blockstrings grant way too much meter, yet actually landing an attack grants none. WTF design choice right there.

Also the ridiculously small amount of strings per character on average.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I have a lot of qualms with the game. Overall I think it's really fun, but I think it's really bad lol. Imo the biggest problems were as follows:

1) Kabal, Cyrax, Kenshi (Almost forgot), Freddy Kreuger. Not because he was put in, he was just busted.
2) Input bug
3) P1 advantage
4) Unnecessary nerfs. Jade would actually be a legitimate character if it weren't for NRS and their kneejerk nerfs.
5) Freddy Kreuger. Not because he was put in, he was just busted.
6) Kenshi (Almost forgot)
7) Reptile's stupid glitch where he can't jump after putting out a forceball in the corner. This has cost me many matches.
8) T.O.D.'s
9) Netcode
10) Meter Burn Glitch
11) Random Advantage

There were so many bugs that could effect the outcomes of matches it sickened me. Having said all this, I still love the game and play it to this day lol.

Matix218

Get over here!
Online is the biggest problem IMO

Everything else (bugs, glitches, p1 adv etc) is annoying but I can deal with it. I just hate that I have to wait until a freaking major to get to play the game at a high level and level up against good players in a lag free environment. I hate having to aa on a read rather than reaction, so annoying. For me the online is without question the biggest issue.

Still love the game though. Favorite game of all time no question.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Training mode. With Injustice's training mode I am very hesitant to even play MK9 again.

Input bug is a bitch to deal with too.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
I didn't play MK9 online until a few months ago, why was Jade nerfed?

Also I had problems with MK9 training mode and the horrible netcode.

Most annyoing: Meter burn glitch. By far. It affects the outcome of a game especially if you are using Sonya.
Funniest: All ice clone glitches.
Other funny glitches are Smoke's shake glitches and when sometimes a character move on a wrong stage position. Also the bag when Noob's shadows hits you when they actually left the stage already, pretty big fail lol, and it happens with Kratos too.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I have to say the training mode. Imo a character like reptile would be heavily affected by if you could actually test a set up. Maybe they could find some better setups with ex forceball, or maybe some escape methods, or whatever.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
All the above

Plus scrubs getting subzero nerfed.
Blockstun.
Armor.
Cyrax resets and command grabs lol.
Sonnya d4 MS and safe armor.
Kitanas d1.
Jc f3.
Kenshi all.
KL standing 2 and Kabal.