What's new

Biggest Complainers in UMK3 on MKAK

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I don't mind a bit of lag, up to about 100ms is fine for me on kaillera, but I guess I am used to it after years of playing you guys over the sea. I don't exactly need a decent connection for my simple juggles. ;) I wouldn't mind if someone didn't want to play me because of lag, but most of the guys I have met don't seem to care as long as it is friendly games or if they can still beat me.
I've seen some weird lag in my time though, mostly on the pc version of MKAK. This one dude was landing some difficult juggles and I couldn't even get a special move or basic auto combo out and it seemed very suspicious.
But lag online can be totally sporadic, warpy, up and down, and unpredictable. That can make any opponent difficult even total beginners. When all your moves come out 2-3 seconds after you push the button, that is not MK at all. You have to be a freakin' psychic to predict what your opponent is gonna do and pray that your moves will connect.

Maybe it's different in UMK3 because CQC jab pressure isn't as big of a deal as in MK2. By that I mean the chain combos of UMK3 take over close quarter combat whereas in MK2 it's about precision timing to sweep, punch, use in-close HP/HK attacks, etc. Trying to jab in MK2 delay lag is a nightmare.

Anything over 70 ping on Mame gets ridiculously delay lagged. On PS3 anything over 100 ping is shitty.
I'm hoping the next generation of consoles will eliminate the lag issues for such time-sensitive games as the early MKs.
These games are 20 years old. It's not like they're 3D shooters with massive landscapes to constantly load.
I see no reason why the lag has to be such an issue.

nwo

Noob
What I've learned is that, even though delay really sucks, its much more playable than actual lag (when your opponent is not even running the game full speed for whatever reason). Yes it is shocking that in 2013 this is still a major problem for a lot of people.

I played mgo from South America on Mame p2p, we had something like a 240ms ping. I was blown away at how smooth our matches were, and I was even able to do a cross screen infinite with Lao in one of our fights. The 240ms ping was still horrible, but sometimes I play people with under 100ms ping and I can't even dream of doing Lao infinities.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah, frame drops and lost inputs really kill online for me... it happens constantly on Kaillera probably due to my shitty pc. Thankfully, most of my recent MKAK matches on PSN have been tolerable.

Trikke.91

Noob Saibot
listen because you're always looking for?? I've never won in your life, leave me alone otherwise they are forced to destroy you and put the video on you tube.

Add why_7779311 on psn to the rank quitting list. We split. When I one we didn't even go three rounds. Seriously, if an online scrub like me can beat you… You don't deserve the points anyway may as well give them up

I can't remember any except for Mrigotbass/glichyrodriguez. He's vile, and if you play him regularly, will fall over like the paper tiger he is. Most people complain about his use of the block / def jabs technique, but the reality is that this is part of the game, which leads to my next beef. People who complain about any tactic in any video game are making excuses for themselves, instead of learning how to beat said tactic. They don't have an interest in improving themselves, instead preferring to tear down others. Basically, it boils down to: If you can't beat a strategy, that doesn't mean you're 'cheating' or 'bad' or 'cheap'. Those are all things that bad players say to good players.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
The main problem I have with playing online is I'm no good with a controller. I can only really compete on an actual machine. People meet up with me on the rare occasion I do try and compete on line and are surprised by how easily they can defeat me. I need to build me a custom stick setup that I'm comfortable using so I can get back into the competitive world.

As for the infinite topic, it sucks having them performed on you but as mentioned before, they ARE part of the game and if you don't like them, don't allow yourself to get caught in them. If you do, you can't blame your opponent. You can only blame yourself. I have to respect that level of skill. Getting pissed or angry is the last thing I'd do.....except maybe at myself.

Trikke.91

Noob Saibot
aaah this explains the reason why the best bass players like marvirrasta ac1984mk are strong. do not use a normal controller so they are not on an equal footing with players using a normal controller .. thanks so smart and everyone wins. played as normal as all players with similar tricks.

YourMKArcadeSource

When I hear all these "pros" talking smack on other players, I'd like to see them run their mouth like that standing right next to someone, backing up their words using the real arcade machine.

Pretty sure it would be quite different. It's easy to talk smack when you have the anonymity of the Internet with which to hide behind.

Trikke.91

Noob Saibot
these are excuses. I use a normal controller if we use both a modified controller as you do not change the result. obvious that if you have a controller modified win if I am using a normal controller. you have the courage to ban Noob Saibot in tournaments when you do then with kabal shot in the infinite by means of strange.

YourMKArcadeSource

these are excuses. I use a normal controller if we use both a modified controller as you do not change the result. obvious that if you have a controller modified win if I am using a normal controller. you have the courage to ban Noob Saibot in tournaments when you do then with kabal shot in the infinite by means of strange.
I'm not talking about a modified controller. I'm talking about building an arcade replica stick/button setup to interface with the computer/PS3/XBOX.