What's new

Biggest Complainers in UMK3 on MKAK

There are some real idiots online... I even got threatened to be "reported" for using Liu Kang's MBK online XD!!! I directed him to UltimateMK.com where there is a plethora of information about the game for him to read up on and that these "glitches" are welcomed by the competitive community.

And for people hating on MIKECALDWELL for making this thread... well, if you don't point out the bad behavior of other people then you entitle them to behave in this way. What's the saying? "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing"
I'll say that personally I don't mind losing because of a "glitch". However when the same glitch gets exploited over and over and over again (read: corner jab lockdown/infinite), that gets old FAST.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'll say that personally I don't mind losing because of a "glitch". However when the same glitch gets exploited over and over and over again (read: corner jab lockdown/infinite), that gets old FAST.
Don't get cornered?

What about the various infinites in the game? or HP-Blocking? These things are in the game and are not ever going to change. If you don't like them, then don't play.

I played against EvilCombos the other night and he has the best Sindel I've ever seen. Every time he hit me, I was taken to the corner and was one hit away from death. If I was already in the corner and got hit, he would do Sindel's Flight Cancel infinite on me and you know what? I loved every second of it because I love this game. I died because I allowed myself to be hit and for my own inadequacies, not because he used a "glitch" or infinite on me.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
There are some real idiots online... I even got threatened to be "reported" for using Liu Kang's MBK online XD!!! I directed him to UltimateMK.com where there is a plethora of information about the game for him to read up on and that these "glitches" are welcomed by the competitive community.

And for people hating on MIKECALDWELL for making this thread... well, if you don't point out the bad behavior of other people then you entitle them to behave in this way. What's the saying? "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing"
I agree :D I just don't think it's a thread worthy topic. General discussion or status update would be better

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Haven't been able to respond till now.

This reminds me of the old hatemail threads we used to have for mk2 and umk3. I don't have a problem with it, provided we aren't bashing currently active members of the site. It's helpful because you can figure out which names to avoid and which names have a good standing. I won't delete the thread unless it gets out of hand, but I agree that status updates might be more appropriate.

I just don't like the hear say aspect of these threads. I've seen good people get their names run through the mud because someone didn't like him or how he played. Trying to clear your name or get a fair hearing turns into a popularity contest. I play people who rage a lot and yet I know they will be back tomorrow night looking for good fights, that is just the way some people are when it comes to games. Anybody here play dota or lol? It is exactly the same in those games, decent people who make mistakes or rage out of frustration.

Concerning annoying aspects like jab infinites, I personally don't see the point in trying to do them every game. You know it is annoying, so you are deliberately trying to piss your opponent off? That is just as bad as sending hate mail. Why can't you try something more skilful and have a good fight? Some infinites are hard and I appreciate the effort it takes in landing them, especially online, but if you are trying a basic Kung Lao spin in the corner too many times, then you will lose a lot of respect, just like the corner jabs.

Respect and decency goes both ways, in game and out.

Reactions: MKB

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Corner jab infinites are actually hard to time if you want to make them completely inescapable. If they aren't done right, they can get out with uppercuts or ducking LKs.

Also... why do I have to change up my combos for your liking or respect? If I get you in the corner with Kung Lao and just go for the simple infinite, that's my choice... I don't have to style on you by spinning you out of the corner to go for the more difficult variation.

In a "playing to win" situation, doing that, to me, is disrespectful and tells me that you think I'm easy to beat and are willing to risk dropping the combo for style points aka swag which is a dirty, dirty, four letter word.

If I am just playing with friends in a casual situation, of course I will try to style on you every chance I get ;)

The only way to lose my respect is to act like Rocky Rose, not if you use a game exploit or infinite against me.

I don't mean to sound like you are a terrible person for choosing to play a certain way, but it is a bit silly to do SOME of these infinites when we are just some dudes playing some friendly games. Playing to win kind of loses its meaning when I see someone attempt a corner jab inf every match, when we play a few times every week. That kind of thing gets so boring after the hundredth time of seeing it. Yes, I get it, you can do it if you want, but please move on to some other more entertaining combo.

The jab inf is not hard at all though, I can do it and I have never practiced it, not every time, but if it is that easy for me, then it is really easy for someone who tries it every time. You just get into the right timing easily after years of playing and doing the corner jab pressure just right so that you don't get pushed out of the corner from doing it too quickly.

Not sure who it is, don't want to name anyone in case it was someone else. He was picking kabal and trying it every time. He is a great player, but being stuck in that inf every match was annoying. I would try my best not to get pushed into the corner, but he is just too good for me and would manage it most of the time. It just made me think, does he want me to leave or quit? Why would he be so cheap when he could win/fight another way? It is no fun for me and he must know that right? So he must just not give a shit about the fight, because pressing one button over and over is not fighting, it is abusing the games problems. There is no way you can justify that kind of thing in friendly games to me. I don't mind normal infinites, because they take a lot more skill and they can be dropped allowing your opponent a fighting chance, but not always, which is why I would prefer to see the Kung Lao corner inf only once or twice, not every match. Try it, land it and move on, otherwise stay offline and practice alone, it is basically the same effect.

Sorry for the big post, but talking about that corner jab stuff has resurfaced some repressed memories. ;)

Bingo. When you're playing casual/friendly, there's no need to break out the jab infinite every round.

But it definitely taught me to stay out of the corner against that guy. He's the only player I've seen use it, but he's very good at it and it's profoundly annoying.

I'm not talking LP LP (cancel) LP LP (cancel). It's LP--LP--LP--LP ad nauseum

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
skateblind tehdrewsus

I absolutely agree that you shouldn't use the corner jab infinite when playing friendlies... only in play-to-win situations like tournaments or ranked matches.

I know all about the delayed jab infinites, I made this video about it about five years ago:

When Shock and I were in Chicago to test MK9, we played UMK3 casuals the night before we started work and I was doing this to him with USub as it had not really been used in this way much back then in UMK3, just the LPLP~cancel repeat variation.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
skateblind tehdrewsus

I absolutely agree that you shouldn't use the corner jab infinite when playing friendlies... only in play-to-win situations like tournaments or ranked matches.

I know all about the delayed jab infinites, I made this video about it about five years ago:

When Shock and I were in Chicago to test MK9, we played UMK3 casuals the night before we started work and I was doing this to him with USub as it had not really been used in this way much back then in UMK3, just the LPLP~cancel repeat variation.
I also showed Eddie Ferrier the corner jab block string and he said "Oh, oh wow, I like that. I would have used that."

The version you show here is the one I started using back in 2007, but only to demo. I rarely, if ever use a corner inf even in tournament.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Shock Figures that Eddie would like that lol
"Leave it, it's fine." You were there. I really wish we could have done a little UMK3 tournament in Goro's Lair. Also, I was just thinking about our UMK3 set in Chicago at the Hotel. I remember you saying something like "If I can't beat you consistently by now, I am going to retire."

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
"Leave it, it's fine." You were there. I really wish we could have done a little UMK3 tournament in Goro's Lair. Also, I was just thinking about our UMK3 set in Chicago at the Hotel. I remember you saying something like "If I can't beat you consistently by now, I am going to retire."
I think it was "If I can't hold my own against you by now, I am going to retire."

God damn, I miss those times.

I still can't believe that Eddie said that... it was about some BS with Raiden where you couldn't get out of something without taking damage right?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think it was "If I can't hold my own against you by now, I am going to retire."

God damn, I miss those times.

I still can't believe that Eddie said that... it was about some BS with Raiden where you couldn't get out of something without taking damage right?
He said it when Bill said something like "There's no way anyone can counter this setup with Sub-zero" and Eddie said "Just wake up Superman." and I said "If that works, that's only one option for just Raiden." he Superman'd through it the first time, then Bill changed the timing and it never worked again. He said to that "Leave it, it's fine."

BTW I am going to PM you a little present, something I've been working on for the last couple moths.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
He said it when Bill said something like "There's no way anyone can counter this setup with Sub-zero" and Eddie said "Just wake up Superman." and I said "If that works, that's only one option for just Raiden." he Superman'd through it the first time, then Bill changed the timing and it never worked again. He said to that "Leave it, it's fine."

BTW I am going to PM you a little present, something I've been working on for the last couple moths.
That's right... there was way too much talk about Sub-Zero and Bill was adamant that Sub keep his proximity clone. In hindsight, he was absolutely right lol

Anyways, I don't want to keep derailing this thread haha

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
That's right... there was way too much talk about Sub-Zero and Bill was adamant that Sub keep his proximity clone. In hindsight, he was absolutely right lol

Anyways, I don't want to keep derailing this thread haha
I'm sure Eddie was a UMK3 complainer back in the day, so leave it, it's fine. PM sent.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Unrelated post but this is the second post I've seen this happen to in a few days. What's with people tagging mods to close down threads? Have we gotten that bad on TYM? Someone closed the suicide thread the other day, and now this. Just a little observation. Carry on.

nwo

Noob
There's two things that CAN make me complain, getting my ass beat fair and square is not one of them.

1. If someone isn't even emulating the game full speed (when using MAME), while thriving in their own lag (you'll get constant stuttering, dropped inputs, random slow downs).

2. When someone constantly abuses the corner jab trap lockdown/infinite (I don't personally consider it a legit infinite). With certain characters its much easier to push someone into the corner (like after a Kabal spin or a Sub Zero freeze). At the end of the day though it just makes me that much more vicious, and is a reminder to try and stay out of the corner the best I can vs people who do this.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
This is the kind of thread MK2 needs to get people talking about it again. Mike you should start one over there.
I'd prolly get banned if I did....

A thread like this is not about running people's good names through the mud- it's about calling out guys like EnergeticDreams that honestly convince themselves you're cheating and hatemail you, just because you beat them. It's pretty scary to think these "you cheat!" guys are grown adults. I get my ass beat anytime I play elites in UMK3. And I understand that they are better than me, not that they are cheaters.

UMK3 is definitely not my area of expertise, but I can hold my own. I don't really care what anyone does, or picks, AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T LAGGING, lol. Same definitely goes for MK2. Pick top tier all day long, I don't care. I like a challenge. I'd rather fight elite top tier in a great connection instead of playing some noob and falling asleep. Or playing in 2 second delay lag and almost losing to some beginner because of it.

UMK3 is definitely not my area of expertise, but I can hold my own. I don't really care what anyone does, or picks, AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T LAGGING, lol. Same definitely goes for MK2. Pick top tier all day long, I don't care. I like a challenge. I'd rather fight elite top tier in a great connection instead of playing some noob and falling asleep. Or playing in 2 second delay lag and almost losing to some beginner because of it.
I don't mind a bit of lag, up to about 100ms is fine for me on kaillera, but I guess I am used to it after years of playing you guys over the sea. I don't exactly need a decent connection for my simple juggles. ;) I wouldn't mind if someone didn't want to play me because of lag, but most of the guys I have met don't seem to care as long as it is friendly games or if they can still beat me.
I've seen some weird lag in my time though, mostly on the pc version of MKAK. This one dude was landing some difficult juggles and I couldn't even get a special move or basic auto combo out and it seemed very suspicious.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I've seen some weird lag in my time though, mostly on the pc version of MKAK. This one dude was landing some difficult juggles and I couldn't even get a special move or basic auto combo out and it seemed very suspicious.
Muscle memory can go a long way in doing juggles in bad delay. I have done some combos so many times that I can do them without looking and when you start them in a laggy game, you go with your timing and not with what is happening on the screen.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Unrelated post but this is the second post I've seen this happen to in a few days. What's with people tagging mods to close down threads? Have we gotten that bad on TYM? Someone closed the suicide thread the other day, and now this. Just a little observation. Carry on.

Yes. Yes you have gotten that bad.