What's new

Big E Gaming is proud to announce Winter Brawl VII at the amazing Holiday Inn – Stadium Hotel.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I am planning to go to this tourney. I just hope everything is smoother then NEC. No offense to the TO's and stuff but honestly I am trying to get a ride to this and based on NEC experience I don't know if i can make it. Deff happy to see we have another tourney. But sadly I want to go but my "ride" might not want to deal with the delays and other BS that was experienced @ NEC. I deffintly recommend everyone goes. I hope to make it!!!!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Will be the same as Nec I'm sure 8 setups and 2 dedicated mk streams. At least one but I would imagine they stream the older games as well on a second stream.
Thanks -- Man, every time I see your avatar now, I get confused thinking it's THTB or someone. Haha

Noob
Winter Brawl will be different than NEC for a few reasons.

1. I may not go. As a matter of fact, my tournament days may be over after the horrible experience that was MK at NEC and its fallout. (NEC itself was a phenomenal success, and as always a wonderfully run tournament by BigE and his crew) I have yet to decide, but I'm not sure I am willing to throw myself to the judgement of ungrateful people whom I spent many hours and dollars to cater to. I am in the red over $500 from NEC all for that kind of aggravation and I'm not sure it's worth my time and money anymore.

2. If I'm no longer capable of providing the type of enjoyable experience for players at tournaments that I previously could, then it is time for me to step away and let someone else who can do the job better step up and do it.

3. If I go, I will not run the KN stream. I will have someone else back me up and produce while I run brackets instead along with The Kombat Nazi, rsiegel28

So as you can see, one way or another, Winter Brawl WILL be different.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Winter Brawl will be different than NEC for a few reasons.

So as you can see, one way or another, Winter Brawl WILL be different.
9.95 you already know what I'm going to say, but:

1. It's technically your choice, but many people would strongly discourage you from bowing out of the event scene this way. There are always a few complainers that are the most vocal of anyone; but EVERYONE else greatly appreciates you, your attitude, your tenacity, your selfless spirit and your hard work. It would be an enormous loss for this entire community.

2. Phil this is hogwash, and you know it :p Like I said, the few complainers are always the most vocal; but there were 100 other people that had an absolute blast at NEC and considered it the highlight of their tournament year. And there were hundreds more that were extremely grateful for the tournament stream and had a picnic watching all the amazing matches that took place. A new seeding system is in the way to fix some of the basic structural issues.

3. Bring him on!

So is is Mk finishing in one day? This is important for me to know. Who should I ask?

Joker8417 I am muffin muggers, and I am making the trip...

#321slide #reptileexistsbecauseofme

#IamMuffinMuggers

Noob
So is is Mk finishing in one day? This is important for me to know. Who should I ask?

Joker8417 I am muffin muggers, and I am making the trip...

#321slide #reptileexistsbecauseofme

#IamMuffinMuggers
No... MK will begin Saturday and end Sunday like always. Expect either top 16 or top 8 to be played on Sunday... likely only top 8 on Sunday.

I think Eric has the teams date/time wrong. MK9 Teams will be run on Sunday after top 8, not on Saturday.

BigE

Elder God
Phil stop, we talk about everything already so that being said I need your help and the mk community needs you to.

Guys I will fix the mistake in the first post sorry.

No... MK will begin Saturday and end Sunday like always. Expect either top 16 or top 8 to be played on Sunday... likely only top 8 on Sunday.

I think Eric has the teams date/time wrong. MK9 Teams will be run on Sunday after top 8, not on Saturday.
thank you sir, alas this will prob keep me from attending. I understand though, should be a lot of ppl.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
... and the mk community needs you to.
Quoted, for truth.

BigE and 9.95, is there anything special I need to do to arrange to get the Tio bracket files from MK9 after the tournament? I'm trying to establish a working standard for record-keeping for this game, and it seems like the easiest way to do that is to have everyone who uses Tio just send their files over after each tourney they run.

If we can get everyone in the habit of doing this, I won't have to track people down each time, or risk losing the info due to elapsed time.

I may even just create a small website where people can upload the files, so that they won't even need to go through email.

BigE

Elder God
Rooms are going fast.

Hey what do you guys think about having a pre-tournament Friday night inside the sport bar of the hotel this time?