What's new

Big characters squaring off

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Woops, I missed a word in that post I replied to. Didn't realise it was "which of the big guys". Totally forgot where I was :confused:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Ain't gonna work if he can't get near me. :cool:

Also edited post. Batman seems like a jack of all trades deal. Definitely solid but I think the reason people feel he's so good compared to other members is because he's gotten more exposure than ANYONE. Especially compared to Bane who's gotten nothing past the Battle Arena besides some children mashing out a flipkick and his command punch and people are claiming he's going to suck, Batman is overexposed.
Well the big characters probably won't give him a serious amount of trouble.

He has mobility over them, he has a counter against ground attacks, he has those hovering bats that can make an armor shattering shield, he has more air options and can bait out and punish anti-pair grabs with his backdash cape float into dive kick(as seen in Batman vs The Flash).

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Batman has nice tools. But heavy zoners will zone him, and heavy rushdown will pressure him, and grapplers/brawlers will use their armour to break him.
I don't think he'll have terrible match-ups; it's clear he has tools for everything, except maybe zoning since Batarangs look kind of sub-par. But yeah, there will be characters who better excel at stuff than him.

You must have quoted the wrong post though; that one was about how much more exposed Bats is to everyone else, even Superman and Wonder Woman. :p

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Well the big characters probably won't give him a serious amount of trouble.

He has mobility over them, he has a counter against ground attacks, he has those hovering bats that can make an armor shattering shield, he has more air options and can bait out and punish anti-pair grabs with his backdash cape float into dive kick(as seen in Batman vs The Flash).
Doomsday has an upwards shoulder move ala Shao Kahn. Batman won't be able to jump, period. He's pretty mobile himself too. Does his parry work on lows too because if not Bane's going to low stomp him with that Chun Li s3 shit.

Does his shield/bat parry actually break shields? Damn, that's some hype stuff right there.

It wasn't an anti-air grab, it was just an anti-air. AA Grabs have so much priority it's not even funny, and considering how fast they look to come out (Especially DD's) I think he'll think twice about trying to jump in(at least without the bats to cover his entrance.) on these big hulks we've got here.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Doomsday has an upwards shoulder move ala Shao Kahn. Batman won't be able to jump, period. He's pretty mobile himself too. Does his parry work on lows too because if not Bane's going to low stomp him with that Chun Li s3 shit.

Does his shield/bat parry actually break shields? Damn, that's some hype stuff right there.

It wasn't an anti-air grab, it was just an anti-air. AA Grabs have so much priority it's not even funny, and considering how fast they look to come out (Especially DD's) I think he'll think twice about trying to jump in(at least without the bats to cover his entrance.) on these big hulks we've got here.
From what i've seen he can make his Bats spin around him, from the footage that i've seen of people actually running into it or being hit by it, it has some priority. Obviously this is all assumption based on reasoning and logic.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
From what i've seen he can make his Bats spin around him, from the footage that i've seen of people actually running into it or being hit by it, it has some priority. Obviously this is all assumption based on reasoning and logic.
I dunno if it beats like, fully-armored moves though.

This is something I'll have to look at, for sure...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I doubt it would take priority over Doomsday with his trait activated, but probably something with only one or two hits of armor.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
In that Case you can count Jax as a grappler too, since he does all that and more grab moves
For those of us counting.

Grapple at :33.
Command Grapple at :44.
AA Grapple at :59.
Super Grapple at 2:06.

Edit: my bad,, Prinz got there first

i want Bane to be true grabbler think King from Tekken,

in anyway if ya want to call Doomsday a grabbler then Shazam should be called a grappler too

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Speaking of how strong anti-airs might be in this game...

Do you guys think Hawkgirl's flight mode should be higher than her jump, or unable to be hit by anti-air grabs? It's something that she'll probably be dependent on and if Anti-airs are as strong as they seem she won't be able to use it at all against some characters outside of a few fancy combos.

Though we don't know how it works completely so it could be all gravy.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Speaking of how strong anti-airs might be in this game...

Do you guys think Hawkgirl's flight mode should be higher than her jump, or unable to be hit by anti-air grabs? It's something that she'll probably be dependent on and if Anti-airs are as strong as they seem she won't be able to use it at all against some characters outside of a few fancy combos.

Though we don't know how it works completely so it could be all gravy.
It could be good, it could be bad. Depending how it works, it might be a nice escape/cross-up option. I hope it doesn't get raped by AAs but we'll just have to see. She has plenty of ground options I hope too, otherwise she'll be in for some really rough matches.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I have been served in the theory fighter arena.
I'LL pass my theory fighter crown to anyone who can tell me from which series my new avatar is from(bonus points if you can tell me who Quicksilver is talking to).

randomdude

Master
grundy could be a mob boss wanted by the regime (i say this because of the star labs outfit) and they kill him, he joins the insurgency or could be slaved and given cybernetic upgrades (he looks a little robotic on his alternate).

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
I Will play whoever can deal the most damage in a short time frame(like a typical grappler/big time heavyweight)as my secondary

Looks Like Grundy so far but i heard someone say his grabs don't do much damage maybe that changes in the final version