What's new

Big characters squaring off

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
-Bane:Surely they just wont have him cause of the movie,right?I think NRS respects each character's history to know Bane aint just a brute.Surely he could use his intellect to help Lex "Break" Superman like he did Batman.

Personally, I'd like to see Bane work with Batman to organize the street-level manpower of the Insurgency. He's had his bouts as an anti-hero, and as you've said has proven himself as an intellectual tactician (and a charismatic leader of lesser men) so I'd love to see him leading riots against the Regime.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Personally, I'd like to see Bane work with Batman to organize the street-level manpower of the Insurgency. He's had his bouts as an anti-hero, and as you've said has proven himself as an intellectual tactician (and a charismatic leader of lesser men) so I'd love to see him leading riots against the Regime.
I just want to see him breaking Superman's back.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What I'm interested in is what role this characters will play in the game:
-Lex:Obviously a big part of the insurgency.
-Doomsday:Has Last Resort against Superman written all over him.
-Grundy:???
-Bane:Surely they just wont have him cause of the movie,right?I think NRS respects each character's history to know Bane aint just a brute.Surely he could use his intellect to help Lex "Break" Superman like he did Batman.

In a canon fight who would win?Doomsday or Grundy?
Obviously Doomsday, though technically you cant kill either of them for good, well maybe Grundy if you knew the right magic or some shit.

Grundy would just re-appear out of Slaughter Swamp, and Doomsday would just heal himself with protection against whatever killed or mortally wounded him.

But if they could die Doomsday has a LOT more power than Grundy, If you can kill Superman you've got to be serious shit.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Obviously Doomsday, though technically you cant kill either of them for good, well maybe Grundy if you knew the right magic or some shit.

Grundy would just re-appear out of Slaughter Swamp, and Doomsday would just heal himself with protection against whatever killed or mortally wounded him.

But if they could die Doomsday has a LOT more power than Grundy, If you can kill Superman you've got to be serious shit.
But Grundy has taken and defeated the JLA before.Also he has beaten Bizarro(for what that's worth).

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
True, but everytime Grundy lands a serious attack Doomsday will learn a way to counter it, and that attack will fail to work anymore.

I'm also 110% sure Doomsday is strong enough to rip Grundy in half with his bare hands, while grundy couldn't do the same.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
True, but everytime Grundy lands a serious attack Doomsday will learn a way to counter it, and that attack will fail to work anymore.

I'm also 110% sure Doomsday is strong enough to rip Grundy in half with his bare hands, while grundy couldn't do the same.
is this a comics thing or a game thing?

trufenix

bye felicia

Yeah, but does Grundy actually die? Wouldn't it then just be Doomsday vs Grundy's Legs and Grundy's Arms?

CCVengeance

SNARDEater
You know...I really,REALLY want that costume in your avatar for Shazam,closed eyes included!
Hey can somebody tweet Boon to give us more Bane footage?The lack of info we have on the man is shameful.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
SNARDEater
You know...I really,REALLY want that costume in your avatar for Shazam,closed eyes included!
Hey can somebody tweet Boon to give us more Bane footage?The lack of info we have on the man is shameful.
You and me both, I'd take it for either Shazam or Black Adam, it would fit either.

It's Captain Super, the evil Shazam from an alternate universe, seen in Crisis on Two Earths.

Little known fact: Superwoman, the woman in the alternate evil justice league, isn't actually their alternate Wondewoman and is in fact an evil version of Mary Marvel. This also probably means that she's really a teenage girl.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
You and me both, I'd take it for either Shazam or Black Adam, it would fit either.

It's Captain Super, the evil Shazam from an alternate universe, seen in Crisis on Two Earths.

Little known fact: Superwoman, the woman in the alternate evil justice league, isn't actually their alternate Wondewoman and is in fact an evil version of Mary Marvel. This also probably means that she's really a teenage girl.
I liked superwoman in that show.

For.

Reasons.

CCVengeance

Back on topic:
Who of the big guys do you think will be the worst match-up for your main?
I fear my Supes will get flashback syndrome and croak when facing Doomsday.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Back on topic:
Who of the big guys do you think will be the worst match-up for your main?
I fear my Supes will get flashback syndrome and croak when facing Doomsday.
Bane, projectile invulnerability could be a major thorn in my side for the three characters I have the most interest in.

Even though I'm maining Bane on the side. :cool: covering my bad match-ups with myself because #YOLO

RYX

BIG PUSHER
truth be told.He really does look like the best character in the game.It's like 98 Iori all over again.
i honestly think he'll be free to strong zoners

glides ain't keeping his bitch ass from getting shot out the air

EDIT: I think anyone with a strong anti cross-up game is going to limit him too. i.e anti-air grabs or what have you

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Perhaps his trsjectory changing cross-up combo starter might?
Ain't gonna work if he can't get near me. :cool:

Also edited post. Batman seems like a jack of all trades deal. Definitely solid but I think the reason people feel he's so good compared to other members is because he's gotten more exposure than ANYONE. Especially compared to Bane who's gotten nothing past the Battle Arena besides some children mashing out a flipkick and his command punch and people are claiming he's going to suck, Batman is overexposed.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Ain't gonna work if he can't get near me. :cool:

Also edited post. Batman seems like a jack of all trades deal. Definitely solid but I think the reason people feel he's so good compared to other members is because he's gotten more exposure than ANYONE. Especially compared to Bane who's gotten nothing past the Battle Arena besides some children mashing out a flipkick and his command punch and people are claiming he's going to suck, Batman is overexposed.
Batman has nice tools. But heavy zoners will zone him, and heavy rushdown will pressure him, and grapplers/brawlers will use their armour to break him.