What's new

Big Change to a Known Character

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
More diverse bug inspired moves or variation looks for D'Vorah I think would be cool. Definitely keep the killer wasps but maybe add in some variant skins or moves that make her thrown in a little Mantis, Spider, Scorpion, Centipede, etc. into the mix. A kind of power upgrade that allows her to spontaneously mutate maybe? I dunno it's a reach, lol.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
What's weird about the newcomers from MKX is that there really isn't many moves that are "must haves" in their movesets.

D'Vorah, Kotal, Jacqui, Cassie, and Erron might literally play entirely different for all we know.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
What's weird about the newcomers from MKX is that there really isn't many moves that are "must haves" in their movesets.

D'Vorah, Kotal, Jacqui, Cassie, and Erron might literally play entirely different for all we know.
That's true, I hope they completely redesign Cassie. I wouldn't mind her having parries and grapples as long as she still has a nut punch.

Wouldn't it be fun if a couple of fatalities would be characters turning into animals? And for the fun of it, they called them Animalities instead of fatalities, just for nostalgic sake?

Liu Kang = Dragon
D'Vorah = Parasite Wasp
Shang Tsung = Giant Cobra
Nightwolf = Wolf or another mammalian predator

Giving every character an animality is just boring, but some just make sense, and they will still be just fatalities, but for fun they called them different much like the Johnny cage humor fatality.

And yes, these four characters would still only have TWO fatalities, just one is called an Animality for fun's sake.
Shao Khan = Hydra (shout out to the movie).

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I wonder which character this is, now there's been a leak? Anyone got any guesses?
As of right now, I really think it might be Frost, sadly. I'm not just talking about the hair though, I do believe that will be a gear piece. Having Frost without hair would be like having Johnny Cage without sunglasses.

To be specific, from what little we can see, she doesn't look anything at all like a ninja. In fact, she looks almost robotic with that tall collar. Her clothes looks really bulky too. I'm hoping for the best (or at the very least, a classic costume), but my current fear is Frost is going to debut bald, half robot, and wielding a gun like Mister Freeze. I surmised earlier that they might giver her Captain Cold moves to differentiate her from Sub-Zero, so we'll see what happens.

Ceroder

Noob
I think its Noob.

Dude, he has sickles. How is he gonna use that?!?!?!!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I DIDNT CARE ABOUT HIM BEFORE BUT I LOVE SICKLES DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN IM HYPED

IF HIS SICKLE DESIGNS ARE SIMILAR TO FRIEDE'S GREAT SCYTHE OR HISAGI'S SICKLE I WILL BE PLAYING HIM LIKE CRAZYYYY, PLEASE MAKE HIM RUSHDOWN

Last edited:

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I think Jacqui, somebody mentioned that she has a Exo-Skeleton. That is different.

I think Frost will be a little bit different, but that bald head is just like Kabal's unmasked face on that ugly roster-screen, all characters look strange there.

mattteo

Noob
r0000r, the leaker, said on gamefaqs it's Frost. Which sucks, because there was nothing wrong with Frost to change it so much

I think it's gonna be Frost. They probably want to challenge themselves to make a completely different Cryomancer from Visuals to Personality to even Gameplay so she loses the title of "Female Sub-Zero"

I dunno I'll be really bummed if Kotal doesn't have the Sun God Choke and his War God Saw ender.
Same with D'vorah's Ovipositor Stab/Air Throw and Erron's Stylish Coin Bounce/Caltrops

Don't care about Jacqui and the thing that would most get me hyped about Cassie is seeing her df1 get taken away.