What's new

Big Change to a Known Character

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Ok, first of all, I SUCK at creating a fitting topic name, so excuse me for that mess.

Anyway, Tyler (my big friend) mentioned one character getting a HUGE overhaul, which he could not wait to show to us.

IF one of the characters could get a HUGE overhaul, which one would you like? And what would that overhaul be? (Can be appearance, moves, powers, story, whatever)

My two cents:

Jacqui Briggs: Give her the exoskeleton thingy, and maybe even special powers, you remember her ending in MKX? THe one with the skull-treasure from Kotal Kahn? I wouldn't mind that little fun storyline being worked on.

Cassandra Cage: Green Lantern, NUFF said. I read this in another topic, the best way to make her totally different from her parents is by losing the guns and give her a living forcefield thing much like the Green Lantern and some X-men Villians. I never thought I would say this, but if this comes true, I'll eat all my words EVER about Cassandra and I will probably love her. BUT only then. I really hope Tyler talked about her.

It can also be about Noob, of course, seeing how Johnny Cage has the stunt double moves, maybe Noob Saibot will be very different this time. I just hope Noob Saibot gains another name, nostalgia my ass, Noob Saibot is a horrid name, I'd prefer everything over that. I'd also hope to call Smoke, Enenra soon.

Frost can also be the one they are talking about, so many possibilities, so talk away!

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I've always thought that the way Noob Saibot rolls out of the tongue makes it sound really cool, no matter if the name origin is cheesy.

Anyways, I don't think a couple of stunt moves invalid him incorporating the klone on his normals and specials the way he did in MK9 which was super dynamic. Maybe this time he gets extra gooey and recovers some klassic special moves like his shurikens.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I feel like it's gonna be Jacqui. He was talking about how people were unenthused about Johnny being in, but then how he's getting a whole lot of love and people are super hyped for him.

People have been shitting on Jacqui so hard, it'd make sense for him to be like "Y'all hate Jacqui...? Okay...you just wait and see." Which would be awesome. I wouldn't mind Cassie or Noob being overhauled either, but I never saw anything wrong with them. Jacqui's the only one who would really gain from a complete overhaul at least when it comes to fan popularity. People like Noob and Cassie as is I think.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I feel like it's gonna be Jacqui. He was talking about how people were unenthused about Johnny being in, but then how he's getting a whole lot of love and people are super hyped for him.

People have been shitting on Jacqui so hard, it'd make sense for him to be like "Y'all hate Jacqui...? Okay...you just wait and see." Which would be awesome. I wouldn't mind Cassie or Noob being overhauled either, but I never saw anything wrong with them. Jacqui's the only one who would really gain from a complete overhaul at least when it comes to fan popularity. People like Noob and Cassie as is I think.
My money is on Jacqui too. They probably are well aware of all the hate she gets and wanna show what a good redesign can do. Hopefully ppl shut up about her being a wasted slot now.

Cassie Cyrus

I've always thought that the way Noob Saibot rolls out of the tongue makes it sound really cool, no matter if the name origin is cheesy.

Anyways, I don't think a couple of stunt moves invalid him incorporating the
klone on his normals and specials the way he did in MK9 which was super dynamic. Maybe this time he gets extra gooey and recovers some klassic special moves like his shurikens.
I wouldn't even mind if Noob turns into a Venom-like character, with tarry ooze instead of shadows.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
My money is on Jacqui too. They probably are well aware of all the hate she gets and wanna show what a good redesign can do. Hopefully ppl shut up about her being a wasted slot now.
Agreed 100%

The way they've redesigned every character for this game has been spot on in terms of just being interesting and dope. I don't doubt that they've worked their magic on her as they did to the likes of Skarlet, Johnny, and even Sonya.

I have high hopes. But, like Johnny, there are bound to be people who are still gonna be upset. I'm just glad she's getting a second chance.

Cassie Cyrus

Damn and the possibilities they could do with Nightwolf.

Make him summon spirit wolves, turn him into a werewolf in one variation, summon spirit eagles, his bullrush having an actual spiritual bison surround him, have him transform/summon animals in his fatalities.

Nightwolf could be one hell of a cool character.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassandra Cage: Green Lantern, NUFF said. I read this in another topic, the best way to make her totally different from her parents is by losing the guns and give her a living forcefield thing much like the Green Lantern and some X-men Villians. I never thought I would say this, but if this comes true, I'll eat all my words EVER about Cassandra and I will probably love her. BUT only then. I really hope Tyler talked about her.
Sounds badass, a force field shield would really make her unique. She inherited like all of her dad's moves basically in MKX and tho I am partial to her nut punch, I'd like her to be a bit more different and stand out on her own more this time around.

From what we've seen so far, how they redesigned Jade and how awesome Johnny looks, I have faith Cass is gonna be freaking awesome.

Cassie Cyrus

"Big change" LEAKED!!
/!\ S P O I L E R /!\

\
oh, lol! I remember that video on youtube, with all the switching characters intro's winning poses and fatalities, I laughed my lungs out that time.
I guess I will watch it again this weekend, but this time with some wine in my system, so it feels like watching it for the first time again.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Damn and the possibilities they could do with Nightwolf.

Make him summon spirit wolves, turn him into a werewolf in one variation, summon spirit eagles, his bullrush having an actual spiritual bison surround him, have him transform/summon animals in his fatalities.

Nightwolf could be one hell of a cool character.
turn him into a werewolf in one variation
Legit what I've been thinking since 2016, except not in one variation, but all the time. He's lame as a regular dude, always has been. His power upgrade in MK9 didn't change that. But now that he's a Revenant? An evil undead demon shaman nightmare beast asshole? Fuck that could be cool.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Am I the only one thinking it could also be Kitana...? Maybe :(

Last edited:

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Any of the Kombat Kids getting a nice overhaul would be cool. Hopefully not Kano at least in the "massive overhaul" which sounds like ground up to me. Then again the NRS crew likes to "oversell" like the the "big announcement" and the "super-exciting special guest!" A "massive change" I'd love to see? Top-Tier viable Scorpion! :DOGE

RothVI

d2 Spammer
I think the Kombat Kids played fine. They don't need a gameplay overhaul, just better aesthetic designs and personalities.