What's new

Big Ass MKT Discussion

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
When I get a chance I may split this thread or put the posts into another that don't have anything to do about poor MKII Jax, but the discussion is good and valid. I definitely agree that players with a base in either version of MKT, not just N64, will be better players in the long run, or maintain a stronger base even compared to the better players who play UMK3 constantly today. Since it's faster, you have less time to perform movements, which means UMK3 will seem slower. I still play PSX MKT from time to time today, and played it all throughout 1999 to 2003 when I didn't really have access to UMK3, and not to mention it was all I played at home as well from 1996 to 1999.

N64 would actually hurt your game more than PSX because when you play UMK3, there are things you cannot do that you might become dependent on for certain characters. Sheeva, Smoke, Scorpion, Kung Lao, Jax, Nightwolf, Sub-zero, and others all have things about them that are drastically different. It's as different gameplay wise as UMK3 is to MK3, while PSX MKT is not different at all, save the added characters. There are pieces of MKII and vanilla MK3 mixed back into the game, and the frame hacking/easier comboing changes so much. On some level, it's almost an illusion that N64 play is more advanced because it's inherently easier to be better in some aspects, but the game is less viable for true competitive recognition than PSX, and PSX is less than UMK3.

Nice thread...! but what a hommo comment that shitty thing about hommo mode on lol!!

I love how the dominicans guys play, but sometimes it´s makes me sad that every country can´t play against each other :(

and the trip to usa it´s very expensive just like to dominicana :( so it´s hard to choose a country to trip to!! :(