What's new

Breakthrough - A-List [Beta Closed] Lets talk about A-list as is during Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Here's a change that I didn't see anyone mentioning:

Cage's ExNP doesn't have pushback in the corner anymore.

This is potentially big, since ExNP was somewhat safer on block since it had a huge pushback when done in the corner. Cassie could barely punish it (I actually think she couldn't punish it at all), but now that the pushback is gone, the whole cast can punish it pretty easily.
Damn there goes my goes my gimmick :D

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Wtf... I can't believe this. Totally unnecessary.

Even if thay want to screw A-List a bit I could understand this. But doing it also to Stunt double...and Fisticuffs....? Really?

Damn, nrs, you are condemning FC to live in bottom 3 spots. Give him a break.
Cmon it was clearly not intended to pushback

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
just read from the reptile forums that nimble trait is 10 frames faster now. WTH NRS. why u not give fisti the same buff?
10 frames less of startup on fist bump would not help fisticuff at all, the variation needs the flame fist treatment, no less than that.

Using it over SD or A-list Is 100% pointless

The Dragon Chief

#BuffKenshi2016
Ive seen all your posts about jc, most of them comparisons to liu which were waaay off the mark.

A lot of people overestimate his ability to open people up cause they're not blocking right and trying to press buttons when they can't.

His d4 was hella broke in some matchups. His f3 is excellent but this is a character with 9 frame high and an 8 frame poke which average range who has no actual legitimate guess outside his 11f 3% and his overhead. From the changes i've seen in the beta liu kang is still better than jc.

Hes very solid and high tier but if u look at his frames for a rushdown his f3 knee is fine. It jails into what? A grab which pushes them away with no adv, like 7-8% chip tops -usually much less, or a chance at pressuring someone into blocking wrong.

Characters with good d4 gives jc huge issues. Hes slow and the only tool to make up for it -d4 and f3 are massively negated
We all know it jails into pressure but the key to Johnny Cage isn't to only do guaranteed stuff. Nothing from Jax is guaranteed but he can steel keep pressure. If you do pseudo block strings mixed with jailing block strings it's much easier to open an opponent up and confirm into those 30+% combos you're looking for. Johnny Cage has to incorporate some mind games but once you have your opponent jailed after a F3 you have like a billion strings to do to keep them guessing and to keep them in the pressure.

Wigy

There it is...
We all know it jails into pressure but the key to Johnny Cage isn't to only do guaranteed stuff. Nothing from Jax is guaranteed but he can steel keep pressure. If you do pseudo block strings mixed with jailing block strings it's much easier to open an opponent up and confirm into those 30+% combos you're looking for. Johnny Cage has to incorporate some mind games but once you have your opponent jailed after a F3 you have like a billion strings to do to keep them guessing and to keep them in the pressure.
But my point is jc has these jails etc because of the things jax has that he doesnt. A Jip thats useful, decent d1/d3, a 6f punch and an actual 50/50

Everybody goes on and on about his jails and f3 and nothing on his weaknesses. Just trying to correct public opinon which is swayed by salt barons who hate to have to block:

The Dragon Chief

#BuffKenshi2016
But my point is jc has these jails etc because of the things jax has that he doesnt. A Jip thats useful, decent d1/d3, a 6f punch and an actual 50/50

Everybody goes on and on about his jails and f3 and nothing on his weaknesses. Just trying to correct public opinon which is swayed by salt barons who hate to have to block:
Personally I think Jax is better but only slightly. Johnny Cage has both a hit confirmable low and overhead. If people always block yours you are being way too predictable. That overhead is way too fast to be blocked 100% of the time and you can harass people with D3 and D4 if they refuse to take the overhead. And I mean harass. It's not uncommon for me to hit people with 4-6 D3s in a row which regains some of my stamina back. Sooner or later they WILL block low. Opening people up with Jonny takes fun creativity but isn't too hard to do.

10 frames less of startup on fist bump would not help fisticuff at all, the variation needs the flame fist treatment, no less than that.

Using it over SD or A-list Is 100% pointless
im actually been thinking about how fisti's gonna be viable/strong. how about essentially making him "red johnny" upon fistbump? would it make him too powerful? he would still lack the tools alist and stuntdouble have, but he would have stronger fireballs and specials along with the chip buff. what do you guys think? i think flame fist active liukang Fireball would do around the same damage as red johnny fireball (iirc) and liu can special cancel his activation to fireball so edge goes to liu.

plus i like to think thaat johnny's variations can be correlated to a certain color. Alist is green cause you'll be using SK more (although you wont be seeing the green flash if you do his skrc on point; but you guys get it) Stuntdouble is to yellow because his doubles are colored yellow (most of the time). So how about making fisti red? hahaha im just rambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.