What's new

Best/Worst Armor Breaking Move in the Game?

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I think they did the mechanic right. Imagine giving Marauder Baraka a universal one like Jade's universal one....that would be wild as hell lol.
I was playing Kustoms with my buddy. My main loadout for kustoms is gutted and blade charge.
Welp. I did the ole 112 gutted amp into blade charge and bam. 49%.
He got sad. :D

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Best is almost certainly Shoa Khan v3. Nothing else comes close. Always lands easily, launches for full combo, good damage even not on launch; there are other good and useful armour breaks but nothing as good as Shao’s.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
There are literally just A FEW armor breaking moves that can be described as good.
Also... No one said Kang's nunchaku command grab. There you go. After Sonya's, Johnny's , Scorpion's and Kano's (from those that I remember) add Liu's and the list will keep growing.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
They NEED to make blade charge work off barakas f44 kB!!

Maybe maybe the hitbox bigger in combos only so don't need alter speed of move/mess with f44kb FB being escapable

I'd love if they did sonic fox's buff idea for baraka of making f44 special cancelable outside of kB (without the kB of course) wouldn't need to address his ass mobility if they did that

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
They NEED to make blade charge work off barakas f44 kB!!

Maybe maybe the hitbox bigger in combos only so don't need alter speed of move/mess with f44kb FB being escapable

I'd love if they did sonic fox's buff idea for baraka of making f44 special cancelable outside of kB (without the kB of course) wouldn't need to address his ass mobility if they did that
Isn't here at 0:23 the blade charge armor breaking a breakaway after f44 kb?

Sorry if it's not what you are referring to, I don't play since a long time. Maybe you are implying that it doesn't work midscreen.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower

Sorry if it's not what you are referring to, I don't play since a long time. Maybe you are implying that it doesn't work midscreen.

If the opponent breaks away at the earliest opportunity after a F44 KB, the Blade Charge will always whiff/miss, even in the corner. It only worked in that video because the Erron delayed his breakaway, and it would also work midscreen if the Erron delayed his breakaway too.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
If the opponent breaks away at the earliest opportunity after a F44 KB, the Blade Charge will always whiff/miss, even in the corner. It only worked in that video because the Erron delayed his breakaway, and it would also work midscreen if the Erron delayed his breakaway too.
I see. Apparently nrs carefully studied how to implement this meta change properly for each character... Lol.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

Doesn't work if opponent fast breakaway.
FB the same.

It's really REALLY bad form on the opponent if these hit as barakas f44kb u don't have to even time the breakaway after as one of the few (only to my knowledge) where u don't have to time your breakaway, just hold d+BLK during the kB animation, auto fast breakaway everytime without fail

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
It really bothers me that this system was so poorly implemented. Either they just didnt care or they dont know what they're doing. I'm so confused about what they were thinking when releasing this patch. It's really disappointing.

To stay on topic, I think scorpions is one of the worst because it doesnt have any practical use. It's just hard to block his b3 on reaction in netplay now.

My Armor Break Tier List (not ordered). S being part of main combos and forces your opponent to essentially never breakaway, and C is you're better using D2.

S (no order):
Erron, Geras, Jade, Kabal, Shao Kahn, Kano, Kung Lao, Kotal

A:
Skarlet, Kitana, Kollector, Cetrion, Noob, Baraka, Raiden, Sheeva, Cassie, Spawn,

B:
D'vorah, Jacqui, Frost, Jax, Fujin, Nightwolf, Sindel, Shang, Terminator, Joker

C:
Sonya, Johnny, Robocop. Scorpion, Sub Zero, Liu Kang
For kotals armorbreak. In variations that do have armor break , he doenst have a combo to use it . Also he cant armorbreak after his f122 kb . So that leaves 1 kb thats usable with that said armorbreaker and a 2 string special which u would end anyway into that move . Point beeing , there wasnt rly a point to break away from those variations eather way since bulucs combos are grounded and totemic doenst have enough dmg to force u to do it . Dont get me wrong , they have theyr uses and all , but they are not that good .