What's new

Best/Worst Armor Breaking Move in the Game?

mrapchem

Noob
Ok so we’ve had some time to mess around with this “meta changing” mechanic :DOGE and wanted to see what you guys think about them

I can’t think of the best one imo of the top of my head but Kitana’s is up there

Worst has to be Sonya’s hands down.

Discuss
At least Sonya's is nearly guaranteed to connect after a breakaway. Johnny and Sub-Zero are likely worse than Sonya's, though I will admit hers is pretty useless.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
At least Sonya's is nearly guaranteed to connect after a breakaway. Johnny and Sub-Zero are likely worse than Sonya's, though I will admit hers is pretty useless.
Idk about Johnny but I’ve seen quite a few Sub players land his. I have Sonya’s as the worse because it doesn’t lead into a KB or continue a combo. It’s just...done. Does less damage than a d2 lol. At least Sub’s leads into a KB

Error404

Noob
Johnnys is worse than an uppercut . It's effective useless. Best one is Shaos DB1 in V3 since it always gives a combo and is part of his regular bnbs IMO

Curious...has anyone seen armor breakers beating out fatal blows online? I’m wondering if this is a legit way to use Sub Zero’s.

Zviko

Noob
Kitana's gotta be the best. It's already a combo ender and you can combo into it at any time during the combo.

The worst one is Sonya's and similar. Basically any normal that is not a part of the usual bnb combo and doesn't lead to a KB/pop up is trash.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet felt better than most i've tried, the fact that she can use all time and always combo from it when it breaks armor is great, just need a bit of fine tuning.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think Noob's is better than people think. Not as good as Shao Kahn or Kabal, but it's definitely going to help him out in the long run, especially in Dark Sabbath and the extremely rare Pitch Black. The more ways he has to get the opponent to come off their Breakaway, the better.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Scarlet’s is bad too
I don’t think hers is bad at all. Midscreen it’s pretty meh but at least you can get a tentacle afterwards and set up zoning. It’s dangerous in the corner tho, especially if she has FB ready. That’s over 50%

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Can we talk about Kanos? his retreating knife swipe??? I mean maybe they waste their breakaway but like you lose so much damage cause all you can do is b1 kano ball or knife toss to finish the combo since he moves back.

Wack.

E

Eldriken

Can we talk about Kanos? his retreating knife swipe??? I mean maybe they waste their breakaway but like you lose so much damage cause all you can do is b1 kano ball or knife toss to finish the combo since he moves back.

Wack.
I don't see the logic behind some armor breakers being a normal and others are a special, some in which aren't even universal. What the fuck is the point?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
what the f is the point of Johnny's? Flip kick by itself does half the damage a d2 does, and it doesn't continue combos or KB.