What's new

Best Strings in the Game?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Just wanted to see what you guys think are some of the most effective strings in the game. Footsies, neutral, effectiveness, damage/setup potential, chip, speed, range, etc, all of that comes into play here when determining it.

So without further ado, here are my top 5 strings in the game:

NPO
Superman’s F2 string (Do I really need to explain?)
Black Adam’s F1 String (got nerfed but still pretty much the same thing it was pre patch)
Atrocitus’ F2 string (see BA)
Poison Ivy’s B2 string (safe, staggerable, 11f advancing mid, mindgames with Datura cancels, leads to a lot of stuff)
Supergirl’s B1 string (just super bogus)

Discuss.

Would it be too much to suggest Catwoman's 1f2? As well as being a fantastic combo ender which leads into amazing set-ups, in the neutral it's +2 on block and the overhead portion follows from a 6 frame normal, and even though theoretically you should be able to block it every time it's still far from uncommon to see even top-level players get hit by it now and then.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Would it be too much to suggest Catwoman's 1f2? As well as being a fantastic combo ender which leads into amazing set-ups, in the neutral it's +2 on block and the overhead portion follows from a 6 frame normal, and even though theoretically you should be able to block it every time it's still far from uncommon to see even top-level players get hit by it now and then.
It's a great string and in combination with 2d2 nearly impossible to fuzzy. However, it's not really a neutral tool like the other ones khaotik listed and since s1 is a high it will get poked a lot up close if people aren't conditioned to block. I don't think it's up there with the other strings that are great neutral tools AND leave you with a good situation on block.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
It's not even close... it's only good thing about it is that it's -2 on block and that it's easy to hit confirm... Pressure wise its trash, block string wise its trash as you can backdash every cancelled move or punish trait call, it's not even a top 3 Batman string... 12, 112, b23, b11, f23 are way better

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Batmans 223 probably best string in the game.

Are you fucking serious can you get off batmans dick for 5 seconds

And it just shows how stupid these dudes are about batman. 223 the best string in the game Lmao i hope your joking. F23 breath is a bill compared to 223 LMAO I JUST CANT anymore

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Noteworthy additions:
Red Hood b23/b2(it starts with a low and goes pretty far)
SG 112(hit confirmable and plus on block)
Deadshot b12u3
Atrocitus b23
BA 113/b23(meterless 25% off of a fast and safe overhead)
Black Manta f213

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Batman has all the god strings, 123, b23, b112, 223, f23. But imo 223 and b23 are the better ones
I agree 223 is a really good string but it is not one of the best strings in the game. It has no range you cant just throw it out in neutral you either have to use it off a ji2 or if your at point blank range even then pokes can beat it out because it a 10 frame mid. and when you use it your turn is pretty much done as batman there is really no mind games behind it.

But foxy im loving your batman bro really sick play

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
How are Scarecrow's advancing mids not on this list? F13 and F2 are neutral killers my guy.
F1 is slow as shit... And F2 is good, but not without his specials since the second hit of F21 often wiffs at spacings where the first hit still lands.

kcd117

Noob
Top 5 strings
1- Supergirl's b123: fast, huge hitbox, almost impossible to trade with a normal, hit confirmable, barely whiff punishable, auto footsies at it's finest.
2- Superman's f23: Fast, easily hit confirmable, leads into big dmg, the big potato string of the game.
3- Manta's f213: huge footsie tool, hit confirmable, leads to good chip dmg and good dmg, catches backdashes, breaks armor, and is staggerable.
4- Batman's 223: lol just do it.
5- Aquaman's b123: it is still really good, even tho most people dropped him now that he is honest.

Honorable mentions:
Red Hood's b23
Batman's b23 and b11
Sub's f22
Atro's b23 and f22

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I agree 223 is a really good string but it is not one of the best strings in the game. It has no range you cant just throw it out in neutral you either have to use it off a ji2 or if your at point blank range even then pokes can beat it out because it a 10 frame mid. and when you use it your turn is pretty much done as batman there is really no mind games behind it.

But foxy im loving your batman bro really sick play
Well it's quite a good whiff punisher if your spacing is on point, high meterless damage, and after it's blocked you can still play games around it because of its pushback and if you have a bat too

Isn't supermans f23 the obvious choice? 8 frame mid, combo starter, covers alot of space, can aa, and is super safe on block and made plus with trait. What else do you need?