What's new

Best naked Czar Toss combo?

Naug

Noob
Title sums it up good. Trying to figure out what the best combo is after you start your combo with a dbf2 MB. I've done the traditional dbf2 MB, b3, j3, 21~Charge 38% but as I play exclusively online the b3 link is causing a lot of grief.

The alternative I found today is dbf2 MB, b2u1, 113~low chain 38%. Same damage! The b2u1 comes out 5 frames faster than the b3 so the link is pretty much trivial. Distance to the knockdown is pretty much the same, I think this combo leaves you slightly closer to the enemy, both knockdowns are hard KDs as far as I know. The only drawback I found was that this combo does not consume your trait if it's up. A (very) slight advantage however is that you get 44% if you meter burn the low chain as compared to 42% if you meterburn the charge in the traditional combo. Not sure when this would be good other to finish people off that would be left with a sliver of health.

Now I've shared mine. Do you have a better combo starting with toss?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Title sums it up good. Trying to figure out what the best combo is after you start your combo with a dbf2 MB. I've done the traditional dbf2 MB, b3, j3, 21~Charge 38% but as I play exclusively online the b3 link is causing a lot of grief.

The alternative I found today is dbf2 MB, b2u1, 113~low chain 38%. Same damage! The b2u1 comes out 5 frames faster than the b3 so the link is pretty much trivial. Distance to the knockdown is pretty much the same, I think this combo leaves you slightly closer to the enemy, both knockdowns are hard KDs as far as I know. The only drawback I found was that this combo does not consume your trait if it's up. A (very) slight advantage however is that you get 44% if you meter burn the low chain as compared to 42% if you meterburn the charge in the traditional combo. Not sure when this would be good other to finish people off that would be left with a sliver of health.

Now I've shared mine. Do you have a better combo starting with toss?
Check my combo chart I made on this forum.

Without trait and only using 1 bar of meter, my forward moving combo is 39% and my backwards moving combo is 38%.

Those are the highest damaging I've found so far.

Ansumana

Noob
It's definitely not his most damaging option, but one of my favorites is following with: b2u1, 12 1+3 because it's stupid easy to hit even in lag and puts them in a perfect downed spot for immediate wake-up shenanigans: czar throw, db3, b3 MB, df1, df1d, 3~charge MB

Perfect range for all of it without being too close. It's not a hard knockdown though, so follow-up rhythm is key with whatever you decide to do.

Just gonna go ahead and quote myself, without knowing how to actually quote:

dbf2 MB, b3, j3, 21, db2

39% without trait, 44% with trait

EDIT: Because people say it's important, this ends behind, and you can MB db2 for I think 2-3% more, and end in whatever direction, I would have to go check.

Naug

Noob

dbf2 MB, b3, j3, 21, db2

But combos ending with db2 pushes your enemy really far away. What oki do you use on that knockdown?

Naug

Noob
Check my combo chart I made on this forum.

Without trait and only using 1 bar of meter, my forward moving combo is 39% and my backwards moving combo is 38%.

Those are the highest damaging I've found so far.

Yeah I've checked your combo chart out and it is excellent. I've been practicing Toss, b3, j3, 21~Charge which I got from your list. But as I said I play exclusively online and the b3 is like Emperor Palpatine, not very forgiving.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
After EX dbf2 I just do b2u1 113 xx bf3 for strong knockdown. It's about 38% iirc, gives his best wakes and is really damned easy.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.

dbf2 MB, b3, j3, 21, db2

EDIT: Because people say it's important, this ends behind, and you can MB db2 for I think 2-3% more, and end in whatever direction, I would have to go check.

I do this, but I end with bf3 instead of db2 to stay close and keep the pressure on. Same damage with or without trait.