What's new

Question Best Kitana combos (meterless)

My point is Kitana has more tools than Noob and you're trying to tell me that Noobs 50/50 projectiles, with HORRIBLE recovery, are better than having a 40% METERLESS midscreen combo. Isn't that what you're telling me? Or am I mistaken?
then drop him if you envy kitana

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'll never drop Noob. I just felt like bitching about his low damaging combos today and then you try to tell me his 50/50 projectiles are better than having a 40% meterless combo. Get outa here with that nonsense.

I'll never drop Noob. I just felt like bitching about his low damaging combos today and then you try to tell me his 50/50 projectiles are better than having a 40% meterless combo. Get outa here with that nonsense.
Get outta here with the bitching.
Nobody wants to hear it, the game is almost a year old, and if you still can't get over the fact that your character sucks, then find a new main.

It gets really annoying with the trolling on top tier characters.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Kitana can't even get in without losing at least 10% health in chip damage alone, not to mention that iAFs are punished on reaction by teleport. They definitely balance each other out, which is why the matchup is 5/5.

Wemfs

First of all, I can bitch if I damn well please. Second, when did I ever say that my character sucks? All I said was it must be nice having 40% meterless combos (not trolling). It was like wishful dreaming I guess you could say... and then you try to make a point of telling me 50/50 projectiles are better than 40% meterless combos.... which they're not. We wouldn't be going back and forth if you never made that ridiculous comment.

Sorry if you thought I was trolling or whatever. I wasn't.

Wemfs

Kitana can't even get in without losing at least 10% health in chip damage alone, not to mention that iAFs are punished on reaction by teleport. They definitely balance each other out, which is why the matchup is 5/5.
Oh I agree about the matchup being 5-5. I was just dreaming about having high damaging combos. I wasn't trying to troll anybody. A guy can dream, can't he?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
That's not it at all, and the matchup is not even. That is not a discussion for this thread.

MortySeinfeld, the combo above is the main jk~af bnb, but if you hit a crouching character (usually trying to aad1 or d3 to lower their hitbox), you can only get a jk~af, 4~fan, f2~cutter or the like as they are not high enough in the air.

Wemfs, stop derailing the thread.

Wemfs

Sorry everyone. Back on topic! I'm actually considering having Kitana as a secondary to Noob.

It is indeed legit.

And the trickier variant subbing out the f2 ~ fan with ff ~ 1 ~ fan. I think it's 40% without the JPS.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
xkheretic Konqrr my apologies! I've never been able to get it to work post-patch.

EDIT: I still can't get the non-EX lift to connect. I'm using a PS3, but I hope that wouldn't be the difference.

DOUBLE EDIT: I was able to pull it off twice (out of 8 million tries) against Sheeva. lol progress -_-.

You can also use 21~FAN LIFT, jump in, njp, ff, B2~AIR FAN, ff, ff, 3~FAN, F2~CUTTER for 35%. Handy if you need to use a fast starter.

Zato1984

Noob
xkheretic Konqrr my apologies! I've never been able to get it to work post-patch.

EDIT: I still can't get the non-EX lift to connect. I'm using a PS3, but I hope that wouldn't be the difference.

DOUBLE EDIT: I was able to pull it off twice (out of 8 million tries) against Sheeva. lol progress -_-.
Are you talking about 41. 2 Fan 2 lift on Ps3? I have a Ps3 and i can only do it with the EX lift... It is very hard to pull it. Is there any way to make this consistent?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Are you talking about 41. 2 Fan 2 lift on Ps3? I have a Ps3 and i can only do it with the EX lift... It is very hard to pull it. Is there any way to make this consistent?
As xheretic noted, the 44% meterless is f4 1 f2~fan 2~lift ff ff b2~fan fan 4~cutter

xkheretic: I can't tell if I should be dash-canceling after f4, 1 to land the f2 or going right into f2. Any advice?

Also, just a general note: jip f4 1 2~lift ff ff b2~fan fan 4~cutter does 40% I think, and it's a *lot* safer. The problem I'm having with the 44% is that, if you drop the lift, you're going to eat a full punish.

Yes, there is a minute dash in there. Only for 2 or 3 frames. Sorry for not pointing it out, I do it instinctively and forget that I do it. Ha. But I've been able to do it without dashing.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Corner:
f+2,1 => NJP => 4~d,f+1 => b+2~d,f+1 => b+2~d,f+1 => 2~d,f+2 => 2~d,f+2 => d+1 - 49% Easy
f+2,1 => NJP => 4~d,f+1 => b+2~d,f+1 => b+2~d,f+1 => dash 3,3,3~d,f+2 => d+1 - 49%