What's new

Question Best Kitana combos (meterless)

Zato1984

Noob
Hey guys, im starting using Kitana and i want to know your answers on some questions i have.

I want 2 Best Midscreen combos with different starts:

Best corner combo:

Best pressure strings: (i believe 2,1 cutter is good? if he blocks i can do D1 pressure to win advantage?)

I read some of your tips but im still confused about the best ones.

Thanks.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
The one I always see Kitana players use online midscreen is:

jp, F2,1, njp, 4, Fan, 2, Fan Lift, B2~Fan, Fan, 4, Cutter

Zato1984

Noob
The one I always see Kitana players use online midscreen is:

jp, F2,1, njp, 4, Fan, 2, Fan Lift, B2~Fan, Fan, 4, Cutter
Thanks to reply. How much % is that? 40%? I don't think is safe to do a NJP online... 2 Fan lift is easy to connect online?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Midscreen -- f2, 1, njp, ff~4~fan, ff~4~lift, ff, ff, b2~fan, fan, 4~cutter -- 45% can be done online but very finicky. Njp and the 4 after it are most likely to whiff.
Midscreen -- f2, 1, b2~fan, fan, 4~cutter -- 36% very easy online
Midscreen -- f4, 1, 2~lift, jk~fan, fan, 4~cutter --30% or so I think
Corner -- f4, 1, b2~fan, 4~fan, 333~cutter, 333~cutter -- 54% (51% if the second group of 333s whiffs)

Best pressure strings: 112~cutter or 112~en:cutter, d1~cutter, d4~cutter, 212, and 2~cutter are probably best. Mix them up as you see fit.

You can get 44% off a F4, 1 mid screen. It's something like f4, 1, f2 ~ fan, ff~2~lift ff, ff, b2~fan, fan, 4~cutter.

You can get 44% off a F4, 1 mid screen. It's something like f4, 1, f2 ~ fan, ff~2~lift ff, ff, b2~fan, fan, 4~cutter.
I can assure you, that does not work.

You can do f4,1, 4 lift, b2 fan, fan, 4 cutter

F2,1 Jp, 4 fan, 4 lift, dash dash, b2 fan, gfan, 4 cutter

Zato1984

Noob
I can assure you, that does not work.

You can do f4,1, 4 lift, b2 fan, fan, 4 cutter

F2,1 Jp, 4 fan, 4 lift, dash dash, b2 fan, gfan, 4 cutter
How much %, Mr. Mill? Can i also replace gEx fan instead of normal to take more damage? Is it worthy?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Must be nice having 40%+ meterless midscreen combos.

Wemfs

You're right. It's a bad trade. How about I get your normals and your 40% meterless combos and you get the 50/50 projectiles.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
You can only do 2~fan 2~EX lift, but even then i dont think it lets you pull off a b2~fan followup; youd have to settle for a jump-in kick fan, which wont give you nearly 44%, making it not worth the meter burn.

Wemfs

Drop noob and pick up kitana if thats the case.
My point is Kitana has more tools than Noob and you're trying to tell me that Noobs 50/50 projectiles, with HORRIBLE recovery, are better than having a 40% METERLESS midscreen combo. Isn't that what you're telling me? Or am I mistaken?

Must be nice throwing mix up projectiles from across the screen.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Dash nerf is a complete non-issue in Kitana combos with dash blocking double dash (ff~block~f)

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Which combos do the Kitana mains use from a jump kick xx fan starter (meterless and with meter)?

Found this but I'd have to double check for feasibility and actual damage output.

EDIT: What the video link notates is incorrect in terms of inputs, it should be
jk~AF, ff~4~fan, ff~2~fan, f2~cutter