What's new

Best Job for Gamers

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
My impression is that this is not MK or even fighting game specific trivia--it's just general trivia. That's why it would make sense to do this at like a family bar, if I'm understanding correctly.
I don't think we have anything like that in Santa Barbara lol, most of it is tourist stuff and five dining and shit since Santa Barbara pretty much makes all its income off of tourism

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Where do you live? It might be possible to still get something started. I know pub trivia is huge in the US, England, and Canada. Not too sure about other places, though.

Yeah, I live in Argentina, it is not a thing here, sadly. It does sound cool.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm from Dallas Texas, 360 degrees of bars everywhere. I work a 40 hour work week but would be extremely interested in this gig.
Awesome, just shoot me an email and we can go over the details.

@MrProfDrPepper Yeah, this doesn't actually have anything to do with MK. Even a tourist town could use games, so if this is something you think you'd like to try, just shoot me an email.

@zerosebaz We might still be able to work something out. If you want to give it a shot, just shoot me an email and we can work something out.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Awesome, just shoot me an email and we can go over the details.

@MrProfDrPepper Yeah, this doesn't actually have anything to do with MK. Even a tourist town could use games, so if this is something you think you'd like to try, just shoot me an email.

@zerosebaz We might still be able to work something out. If you want to give it a shot, just shoot me an email and we can work something out.
Can you pm me your email? Edit never mind just re-read the OP

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
I don't see why not. We'd just need to make sure everything is legal, since I'm not sure what the rules would be for playing music, how to handle taxes, etc. In the US, we've got it worked out so that we can legally give music to our hosts and play the music in public venues, and we don't have to withhold taxes from our hosts. But feel free to shoot me an email and I can run it by the owners to see what we can work out.
Sounds good, I've been in a job crisis for a bit now this is perfect.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sounds good, I've been in a job crisis for a bit now this is perfect.
Awesome! Tomorrow I'll email the owners and see if we can figure out what we need to do to get you set up.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
If I still lived in Breckenridge I would be all over this. I worked in a bar there for about 7-8 years there and people would of ate this up on the off nights and mud season. Sadly where I live now is not the best of area's or I would consider it and also kinda burnt out on working at bar.

I would recommend people taking this into consideration though because it would be a hell of a lot of fun. Working at a bar has certain benefits :D

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If I still lived in Breckenridge I would be all over this. I worked in a bar there for about 7-8 years there and people would of ate this up on the off nights and mud season. Sadly where I live now is not the best of area's or I would consider it and also kinda burnt out on working at bar.

I would recommend people taking this into consideration though because it would be a hell of a lot of fun. Working at a bar has certain benefits :D
The great thing is that we work at bars, but we don't work for bars. So yeah, if the manager or an employee makes a request then we try to keep them happy, but on trivia night, it's your show to run as you please. You're essentially your own boss. But you also get the benefits of working at a bar, so sometimes players will buy you shots, etc. It's a lot of fun!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Probably so many positions that are fun but for me would be voice acting and writing the characters, story and of course testing! Get to play the game!

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Eh, it's got its ups and downs. I had to run 4 Star Wars themed games this week for a local chain of pubs, so I ended up just watching Episodes IV through VI and writing 130+ questions about Star Wars. Though we're in the process of putting together a designated team that handles all of our questions, so regional managers like myself will no longer be responsible for handling such requests.

And to everyone who contacted me about a position, sorry it's taking so long. We're in the process of field testing our new software (which is what is allowing us to start expanding into new territories). I can't imagine it will be more than few weeks before everything is good to go.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Good news, we're finally set up to start doing the long-distance expansion. We've restructured our model a bit, so we're no longer looking for people to manage different regions, we're looking for people who can literally just show up and ask questions. We pay a flat $50 per 2-hour show. Because of the way our shows are structured, you only end up doing about 20 minutes of actual talking; the rest of the time you're just keeping score and playing music.

If this sounds like something you would like to do, please send me a message and we can discuss the details. I provide literally everything you need with the exception of a WINDOWS laptop (sorry, Mac users).

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Want to make a quick $100? We're looking for referrals to help get into new venues anywhere in the country. Send a venue owner our way, and if they pick us up, we send you a check for $100. More info can be found on our website: https://trivia-time.com/referrals/