What's new

Question - Ninjitsu Best combo off b4 and s3?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Ever since b4 was able to special cancel and s3 is 7 frames since the start of XL. What's the most damaging combo/practical combo off b4 and s3 as punishes/starters?

Ever since b4 was able to special cancel and s3 is 7 frames since the start of XL. What's the most damaging combo/practical combo off b4 and s3 as punishes/starters?
Again, Eddy beat me to the punch. Everything he said is correct. However, I want to add S3 as a an anti-air punisher should used regular TP.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
honestly b4 to me soley seems like just a tool for anti wakeup, why worry about trying to get a combo off it instead of b3? also i think ending in 214 after the final teleport is good sometimes because if they don't armor it, your plus 2 with a lot of pushback and the ideal distance you wanna be at with ninjutsu.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
honestly b4 to me soley seems like just a tool for anti wakeup, why worry about trying to get a combo off it instead of b3? also i think ending in 214 after the final teleport is good sometimes because if they don't armor it, your plus 2 with a lot of pushback and the ideal distance you wanna be at with ninjutsu.
Well the thing is for a low, at least for me, b3 doesn't seem to be that good of a low combo starter. Again I was wondering what people have in mind for a b4/s3

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Wouldn't recommend using either in neutral.

S3~spear for punishes and B3~spear only if I'm absolutely sure that my opponent is stand blocking. Personally, I just go for B32F2 to stay safer. Ideally, you don't just give away your frame advantage, but you'll have to take moderate risks sometimes.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

S3~spear for punishes and B3~spear only if I'm absolutely sure that my opponent is stand blocking. Personally, I just go for B32F2 to stay safer. Ideally, you don't just give away your frame advantage, but you'll have to take moderate risks sometimes.
B32F2 is not that safe on block though.

InFlames

dead
iirc b4 has more cancel advantage than b3. b4xxEX Spear has no gap anywhere unlike b3xxEX Spear

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub

212 and 214 is better in neutral as both are -4 and +2 on block, b4 is not bad of an option as its also -4 on block which is safe

Ze Dingo

Erm, I meant B3/B4~spear in neutral. I think it's a bad idea to just throw it out like that.

Erm, I meant B3/B4~spear in neutral. I think it's a bad idea to just throw it out like that.
Ah ok, so what's the best combo starter? I mean I play hellfire but was curious if you had any input on that? Like what I mean is if you're scorpion and you want to run and start a combo what's the best starter? Also maybe it'll be the same but what's scorpions best punish?

Ze Dingo

If you want to run up and do a starter, it's either 114 or 214 confirmed into a teleport, the odds of getting armoured are a little low. His best punish is definitely S3~FBRC~F4~flame aura starter.

Ze Dingo

Bear in mind neither 114 nor 214 are risk free. Thankfully, both strings are advantage on block when staggered, so use it to get a read on what your opponent wants to do.

I'd also highly recommend learning the B12~FBRC~214 link. It's a really good hitconfirm but is a very strict link.