What's new

"Believe in magic yet?" - Zatanna Match-Up Discussion thread

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The Killer Frost MU is weird... I wouldn't argue 6-4 in Frost's favor because Zatanna's post-slide options aren't that good, we have to make a lot of reads to take damage in te zoning game and we gotta pretty much change our whole gameplay against her, it's norhing worse than 6-4 and probably 5-5.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The Killer Frost MU is weird... I wouldn't argue 6-4 in Frost's favor because Zatanna's post-slide options aren't that good, we have to make a lot of reads to take damage in te zoning game and we gotta pretty much change our whole gameplay against her, it's norhing worse than 6-4 and probably 5-5.
Her post slide options are great. Ia-dive kick and multi-kicks take care of all Frost's options.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Zoning doesn't work against him; you get 2 rings on him and then he's in your face. Trait is a tricky one as well because he has a good jump and lightning charge beats out cage, and is great at whiff punishing it. His j2 is difficult to anti-air but he has an easy time using his d2 against her jumps. He has got a good option to catch tele back on wake up as well and his forward walk speed is so good. He also punishes trance from a good distance with charge.

Honestly if it was in someones favor it would be his.

Regarding b12 on block, yes s3 catches a back dash but on hit is he too far for kicks to connect? I need to test this because that could be big. I feel Sinestro has to play this MU a bit like Raven and take a footsies approach. He fucking wrecks Zatanna in footsies and I feel like he doesn't need to zone.
Connects to kicks for a full combo punish into vortex/ waddeva da fuk you wanna do. #myBitch.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Just throw everytime she slides. It's difficult for them to time a dash out every time, and mix up forward and back throws so teching is more difficult. It's only 5.5-4.5 Frost cause her goddamn iceberg full screen is so irritating. It punishes Puppet master on block :(

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It loses to multi-kicks, which also beats parry and I can't remember if it beats d1.
Dive kick beats everything apart from mbf3.
Amazing, TY.
Just throw everytime she slides. It's difficult for them to time a dash out every time, and mix up forward and back throws so teching is more difficult. It's only 5.5-4.5 Frost cause her goddamn iceberg full screen is so irritating. It punishes Puppet master on block :(
Yeah throw is a good option too, teching it is not like MK9, in this game you tech by just pressing the grab button, you don't have to guess between Back and forward.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Great games to both! Ught -___- I feel Phosferrax, this character is so annoting to fight lol, and I hate when J1 misses after a crossup F2 -___-

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Do u think flash wins?
I am unsure. I need to grind the mu more, although if someone were to win it would be him.

The threat of lighting charge makes her cautious with already slow zoning, and allows him an easy way in where he wins. Trance, which can be reacted to, is punished by charge from a good distance, which can't be reacted to. Flash just walk forward with his great walk speed, block her slow zoning on reaction, and dash forward or charge. He simply cannot be kept out by her, and you demonstrate that fireball isn't an issue for flash unless in chip life range. Her trait isn't great against him either.

What gives flash trouble in the mu?

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I don't mean to be too involved, but in relation to Sinestro, everyone can punish shackles on block up close as well as punish backdashes so those are not relevant talking points for a character winning a match up at all, it's not a unique trait for her.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I think its-5 at best.
Don't give me oh teleport out of Oki or mb fire kiss limits his movement. You have LC b2 and dash we have standing 3 cards and jbDK. Which are all unsafe. The only time she should be a threat is when we have trait but you have speed dodge and LC. I think she has good options against him but so does he @KillaGthug4Life

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Meter for vortex is also very important against flash, so using meter for zoning is just shooting yourself in the foot really because she's not going to be getting it back as easily, and unless he's getting sloppy he has no need to be hit by mb rings really, as his dash recovers so quickly.