What's new

Strategy - Blood God Being cornered and don't know what to do.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I just recently started using Blood God Kotal and do fairly decent with footsies. But once I get cornered I'm fucked. Pokes can only help me so much and I get overwhelmed by plus frames and pressure from other characters. Anybody wanna share some ideas?

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
When I get cot I get cornered, I make sure that I have the defense totem out and I put ex sun ray on myself. Which heals me and hurts them. They are forced to back off, or take damage while i take little damage.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
When I get cot I get cornered, I make sure that I have the defense totem out and I put ex sun ray on myself. Which heals me and hurts them. They are forced to back off, or take damage while i take little damage.
lol easier said then done.. doesnt help get out of it.

use kotals awesome low pokes to escape pressure.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
lol easier said then done.. doesnt help get out of it.

use kotals awesome low pokes to escape pressure.
It works, they see the sun ray and don't want to stand in it. And if they do still want to pressure you, they are taking damage. You also have the parry to use on gaps in pressure as well as d1.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
It works, they see the sun ray and don't want to stand in it. And if they do still want to pressure you, they are taking damage. You also have the parry to use on gaps in pressure as well as d1.
i believe he is referring to being pressured in the corner, how do you have time to get sunray out?

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Pro players do it all the time, once you poke out you can activate it.
It's hard as shit when you have Jax's, Kung Laos and Liu Kings having constant safe pressure. Like I said before. Pokes can only get me so far. What I want is something effective to do to get out of the corner all together. Sure that stratagy may seem viable but I don't to stay in the corner and take less damage. I want out lol.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
It's hard as shit when you have Jax's, Kung Laos and Liu Kings having constant safe pressure. Like I said before. Pokes can only get me so far. What I want is something effective to do to get out of the corner all together. Sure that stratagy may seem viable but I don't to stay in the corner and take less damage. I want out lol.
That's the price you pay for using bloodgod. If you want out of the corner you gotta know how to block/guess mixups and counterpoke. If you want more options, pick wargod.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Blood God just has to hold that when he's in the corner, usually. But people are scared shitless of his d1 and d4, especially on hit. If you hit either of them you can throw, and I would recommend throwing FORWARD if you're facing a good player because they're going to be mashing the back throw tech like a madman. This creates a lot of space and Kotal has the fastest run in the game so he can get the fuck out of dodge very easily after a throw.

If you're super ballsy you could parry/EX parry and hope for the best. But I'd recommend just blocking appropriately and waiting for them to swing frames into your favor for counter poking. Hitting many of Kotal's pokes will allow for you to start your offense relatively risk free.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
How can a poke not take you far? His 6f d1 is one of the best d1s in the game. It's 10+ so a d1 on hit means it's your turn to do all your blood god shenanigans.

mattnin

Noob
If you can manage to get a tap or poke out, try one of these combos for high damage that only work when Kotal is cornered. Like any cornered dog, he can be vicious!

114, ex df1, d2, d1, b14, df1 for 41%
Or
b12, ex df1, d2, d1, d2
Or for max damage and make them think twice before cornering the Blood God,
114, ex df1, d2, d1, 114, df1 43%