What's new

Video/Tutorial Beating Bane's Wake Ups

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
You realize this guess goes both ways right? I've noticed a huge issue with the way people explain mix ups. They act like their character guesses right everytime. Now I may be incorrect about this, but wouldn't trying to dash the mb uppercut hit you if he mb'd it instantly? @Doombawkz ?Being midscreen against bane isn't that great either, well depending on the life bar situation. The character with the life defecit must approach the other character. If bane has the life lead then there's a problem for flash getting through his normals/specials and the same is true in reverse.
I'm pretty sure Flash is able to forward dash before the MB because of how fast it is and how it changes his hitbox, making it really low to the ground. I can test that later tonight to be sure. But even if I don't dash forward to punish the MB portion, I'm pretty happy blocking it as well because my 21 string prevents Bane from continuing pressure. And what if I use this set up when Bane has no meter? Then if I bait him to use a Venom Uppercut, it's a very easy punish. I know there are times where I'll guess wrong and get beat but the fact of the matter is that Bane is much worse off than I am for guessing wrong.

Flash can get in whenever he wants lol. MB LC doesn't whiff on Bane so if he blocks it I'm +3 and I'm in. There has been very few instances where the MB portion of the MB LC will whiff on Bane but like 95% of the time it won't whiff.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm pretty sure Flash is able to forward dash before the MB because of how fast it is and how it changes his hitbox, making it really low to the ground. I can test that later tonight to be sure. But even if I don't dash forward to punish the MB portion, I'm pretty happy blocking it as well because my 21 string prevents Bane from continuing pressure. And what if I use this set up when Bane has no meter? Then if I bait him to use a Venom Uppercut, it's a very easy punish. I know there are times where I'll guess wrong and get beat but the fact of the matter is that Bane is much worse off than I am for guessing wrong.

Flash can get in whenever he wants lol. MB LC doesn't whiff on Bane so if he blocks it I'm +3 and I'm in. There has been very few instances where the MB portion of the MB LC will whiff on Bane but like 95% of the time it won't whiff.
Bane with no meter? Also doesn't your guess wrong put you in our oki? That's kinda not very good at all for flash, so I don't know if guessing wrong is really as bad for us as it is for you.

Sorry, actually it does whiff... like a lot lol. I think I have 3 separate videos of it whiffing near continuously. After a backdash, after a d.1, in a lot of different circumstances. Not always, but it does happen quite a bit. Much more than just 5% of the time.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Bane with no meter? Also doesn't your guess wrong put you in our oki? That's kinda not very good at all for flash, so I don't know if guessing wrong is really as bad for us as it is for you.

Sorry, actually it does whiff... like a lot lol. I think I have 3 separate videos of it whiffing near continuously. After a backdash, after a d.1, in a lot of different circumstances. Not always, but it does happen quite a bit. Much more than just 5% of the time.
I'm talking about actual in game matches, not training mode. From my experience playing Bane A LOT, it rarely whiffs. If you want to prove me wrong then by all means, add me on XBL: RM HoneyBee.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm talking about actual in game matches, not training mode. From my experience playing Bane A LOT, it rarely whiffs. If you want to prove me wrong then by all means, add me on XBL: RM HoneyBee.
:( I wish I had XBL still.

Also I could be wrong, but... isn't your entire tech video based around training mode?
As in... universal wake-up timings?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood

If you're hitting forward dash to dash under the mb, you're not going to block it, you'll get hit. There's no option select there to block it or forward dash. It's either you block it or you attempt a punish.

We're playing injustice, when do characters not have meter?

Yes when you knockdown bane and most characters, the risk reward is in the attacking characters favor. But the invincible wake up is still doing its job. By not going for a 50/50 you are allowing bane to just get up and walk away.

Yeah there's a couple random shavings where Itll whiff buts not that relevant. However if bane reads charge he can just throw out a command grab and hit you out of it from any distance. Also the MB Lc is just a guaranteed way in. It's like Doomsdays shoulder in this match up. Meaning that bane has ways to deal with it, like Backdashing or jumping. Yeah you can blow up those options by doing flashes DP or another Lightning charge. Bane can armor or block the DP, the MB lightning charge resets the situation and flash just wasted 2 bars for that. I don't know if flashes dash can chase banes Backdash but if it can and you choose to that, bane can 113. Let's stop pretending mb Lc is the nuke of a move that completely shits on everything that is Bane.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
:( I wish I had XBL still.

Also I could be wrong, but... isn't your entire tech video based around training mode?
As in... universal wake-up timings?
If you read what I stated before, this worked in game when I was playing Bio last night. And once again, this is just one piece of tech that really doesn't have a huge role when compared to MB LC whiffing or not. MC LB not whiffing is a huuuuge reason why the MU is in Flash's favor imo. This is just one piece of tech.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
If you're hitting forward dash to dash under the mb, you're not going to block it, you'll get hit. There's no option select there to block it or forward dash. It's either you block it or you attempt a punish.

We're playing injustice, when do characters not have meter?

Yes when you knockdown bane and most characters, the risk reward is in the attacking characters favor. But the invincible wake up is still doing its job. By not going for a 50/50 you are allowing bane to just get up and walk away.

Yeah there's a couple random shavings where Itll whiff buts not that relevant. However if bane reads charge he can just throw out a command grab and hit you out of it from any distance. Also the MB Lc is just a guaranteed way in. It's like Doomsdays shoulder in this match up. Meaning that bane has ways to deal with it, like Backdashing or jumping. Yeah you can blow up those options by doing flashes DP or another Lightning charge. Bane can armor or block the DP, the MB lightning charge resets the situation and flash just wasted 2 bars for that. I don't know if flashes dash can chase banes Backdash but if it can and you choose to that, bane can 113. Let's stop pretending mb Lc is the nuke of a move that completely shits on everything that is Bane.
Play me on XBL and see what happens cause it seems like you think this MU isn't in Flash's favor.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If you read what I stated before, this worked in game when I was playing Bio last night. And once again, this is just one piece of tech that really doesn't have a huge role when compared to MB LC whiffing or not. MC LB not whiffing is a huuuuge reason why the MU is in Flash's favor imo. This is just one piece of tech.
Yes, I understand. However, from your video, I can't help but assume if someone did a delayed-WU DP, flash would no longer be too low to dodge it. If they did a delayed WU, the throw immunity would wear off.
I have tons of tech that would be game-shattering if the ability to sit on the ground for an extra little bit didn't exist. Fighting Bio is one thing, but even in your training video the timing was so strict that even momentary differences in when its done ended up with you getting scooped up, thrown around, and so on. If the MB LC whiffs, then what happens? Because its a bit more likely than one might think.

Also no one is saying its not in Flash's favor, but I can't accept its 7-3.

Yes, I understand. However, from your video, I can't help but assume if someone did a delayed-WU DP, flash would no longer be too low to dodge it. If they did a delayed WU, the throw immunity would wear off.
I have tons of tech that would be game-shattering if the ability to sit on the ground for an extra little bit didn't exist. Fighting Bio is one thing, but even in your training video the timing was so strict that even momentary differences in when its done ended up with you getting scooped up, thrown around, and so on. If the MB LC whiffs, then what happens? Because its a bit more likely than one might think.

Also no one is saying its not in Flash's favor, but I can't accept its 7-3.
delayed wake up is in street fighter ultraz stupid!!!

@HoneyBee Try this, do the set up you did as flash, but with flash being the 2nd player and you recording the action. Then when you play it back, do banes wake ups to see what works and what doesmt. Make sure you do both timings. The recording will do the same thing everytime, so the only possible variable is the timing of the wake up.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
1st. I don't have an Xbox. 2nd. Playing online wouldn't prove anything.
Yeah I think Bane goes even with flash.
PS3 works too but I see your point. You going to KIT?
@HoneyBee Try this, do the set up you did as flash, but with flash being the 2nd player and you recording the action. Then when you play it back, do banes wake ups to see what works and what doesmt. Make sure you do both timings. The recording will do the same thing everytime, so the only possible variable is the timing of the wake up.
I'll test that later tonight

Blind_Ducky

PS3 works too but I see your point. You going to KIT?

I'll test that later tonight
Yeah I'll be there. You realize the problem with playing my bane right? It's my bane. My alt. If you beat me it doesn't really mean a damn thing. If I beat you it's a huge blow up but also doesn't really prove anything about the match up. It's only one set. Even if we played a hundred sets of bane flash that weekend it wouldn't prove anything.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Yeah I'll be there. You realize the problem with playing my bane right? It's my bane. My alt. If you beat me it doesn't really mean a damn thing. If I beat you it's a huge blow up but also doesn't really prove anything about the match up. It's only one set. Even if we played a hundred sets of bane flash that weekend it wouldn't prove anything.
I do realize that but you have plenty of time to work on him some more and I just want you to see how I play the MU first hand cause it might change your opinion.

Blind_Ducky

I do realize that but you have plenty of time to work on him some more and I just want you to see how I play the MU first hand cause it might change your opinion.
I'm not going to work on my bane for some little exhibition thing over getting ready for the tournament.

Lol if the Bane player continuously uses Venom Uppercut to WU then any character can punish that if you forward dash before he MBs it. The main reason it's not easy to do that is because you're usually too scared about what he's going to do that if you do block the venom uppercut, you just stay blocking. Doing this causes him to have a higher chance of using venom uppercut if he knows that his double punch and command grab are gonna whiff. Then I can just cancel the RMS, block, dash forward and punish. Even if you do go for this set up and Bane uses venom uppercut, he will MB it almost every time sending you fullscreen and no longer in the "vortex" situation.

Another thing I want to be clear is that this is just another option Flash has. I'm not going to use this set up every time lol. In the Flash vs Bane MU, I'm perfectly happy being in the mid screen neutral game most of the time so if I want to end the combo with a LC and stay out of his WU range, I can do that too. Bane up players keep up playing.

Link what? :/
The video above in to YouTube doesn't work on my phone to display it.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Lol if the Bane player continuously uses Venom Uppercut to WU then any character can punish that if you forward dash before he MBs it. The main reason it's not easy to do that is because you're usually too scared about what he's going to do that if you do block the venom uppercut, you just stay blocking. Doing this causes him to have a higher chance of using venom uppercut if he knows that his double punch and command grab are gonna whiff. Then I can just cancel the RMS, block, dash forward and punish. Even if you do go for this set up and Bane uses venom uppercut, he will MB it almost every time sending you fullscreen and no longer in the "vortex" situation.

Another thing I want to be clear is that this is just another option Flash has. I'm not going to use this set up every time lol. In the Flash vs Bane MU, I'm perfectly happy being in the mid screen neutral game most of the time so if I want to end the combo with a LC and stay out of his WU range, I can do that too. Bane up players keep up playing.

Link what? :/
Who is up playing?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Why wouldn't Honeybee and Biohazard be the authorities on the Flash/Bane matchup the same way Bit and Max are on the Catwoman/Bane matchup?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I'm not going to work on my bane for some little exhibition thing over getting ready for the tournament.
lol alright I dunno how much time you need to spend to prep for a tournament but if you want to make statements like it's an even MU, you should be able to back those statements up instead of making excuses.

The video above in to YouTube doesn't work on my phone to display it.
Use a computer.

lol alright I dunno how much time you need to spend to prep for a tournament but if you want to make statements like it's an even MU, you should be able to back those statements up instead of making excuses.

Use a computer.
Alright also I'm up for games on pan also what do you consider the flash Grundy match up and why?

Blind_Ducky

Use a computer.
I'd much rather spend my time improving my Raven over practicing Bane for something that will not prove anything about the match up.