What's new

BB Buffs Wishlist

...just to give u guys an idea of what i mean

:DOGEIgnore the character...but understand the concept of what BB's trait could/should be. NRS pls!!!

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
i would be happy if they remove the gap in his 111 string and maybe give him a bit more dmg in bladestance. To be honest this would be enough to make him more than just viable

...do you not know he can switch either way with db1 and df1, and can switch out with bf3 and 211+3?
It needs to be like that with all normals/combo strings and what you're talking about is not what im referring to. He needs to be able to trait cancel INTO specials.

i would be happy if they remove the gap in his 111 string and maybe give him a bit more dmg in bladestance. To be honest this would be enough to make him more than just viable
His damage is fine. His meta is designed around a "hit and run" play style. Fixing the gap in 111 would be good but his biggest issue is his trait usage and a better way to access it outside of some specials.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
His damage is fine. His meta is designed around a "hit and run" play style. Fixing the gap in 111 would be good but his biggest issue is his trait usage and a better way to access it outside of some specials.
dmg in blade mode should be higher then in canon trait activation is fine

Espio

Kokomo
I honestly think Beetle is well balanced overall. Thanks for the tag before. I didn't comment earlier cause I wanted to analyze the character quite a bit before I weighed in on Blade stance. I would love to use it more and put it on par with mace stance.

I have a bit of a question and I'm not saying he needs this or should have it but something simple that would immediately make blade stance really good and in step with mace stance would be adding Aculeus strike to ONLY blade stance.

The move is minus 9, but does around 6% chip so it would be like you're trading zoning and a safe advancing special for greater chip damage and range so you could at least say you were getting a fairly equal trade off without getting super crazy with it.

Mace- Zoning, safe advancing special (Defensive)
Blade- Great footsies, Superior chip (Offensive)

Just an idea, might be a bad one, but I feel like that would be a simple way to make it balanced.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
I honestly think Beetle is well balanced overall. Thanks for the tag before. I didn't comment earlier cause I wanted to analyze the character quite a bit before I weighed in on Blade stance. I would love to use it more and put it on par with mace stance.

I have a bit of a question and I'm not saying he needs this or should have it but something simple that would immediately make blade stance really good and in step with mace stance would be adding Aculeus strike to ONLY blade stance.

The move is minus 9, but does around 6% chip so it would be like you're trading zoning and a safe advancing special for greater chip damage and range so you could at least say you were getting a fairly equal trade off without getting super crazy with it.

Mace- Zoning, safe advancing special (Defensive)
Blade- Great footsies, Superior chip (Offensive)

Just an idea, might be a bad one, but I feel like that would be a simple way to make it balanced.
i think also bb is in a good spot and safe or even plus switching into trait would be op... but atm his bladestance is useless it limits u more then it gives u. make 111 gapless and do sth usefull with his trait... increase his dmg in bladestance or give him more options change his frame data for bladed moves? 21 +5 for example ???

f23 being cancel-able would be so much more practical that trait being special cancel-able...

I like the more shave dmg idea.

I also like the (OP & OP) idea of some devil jin low swoop atk from the air.... even if its just an angled bf3...

I came here to post my own idea............ but I forgot.

Guys...when i say trait cancelling safely, i do not mean into plus frames. Similar to nightwing but gaps like red hood if that helps. He needs it

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
why for what i dont get it.... The reason its unsafe is not the framedata of his trait its becouse of he has no string outside 111 that leaves him plus. And thats okay thats why his canon and his bash is unpunishable. He is a high mobilityzoner with ok mixup and great oki game he dont need a buff for pressure his fc pressure is good enough.

you say he needs it ?! For what for what matchup

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
I to think that Beetle is fine right now. no gap in 111 would be handy but even with a gap there its not that big of a problem you can just confirm on hit and if they block just 11 shield bash.
People moan about his damage but what do you expect he has amazing zoning, mobility and 50/50 mix ups along with his decent frames. He still gets 300-400+ damage and builds a ton of bar very quick.
If Beetle does end up getting some love I should hope they think about it long and hard otherwise he could become broke in a good or bad way.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
the only thing other than closing his gap in 111 i would like to see is some modification with his 33 string either make it neutral on block or only slightly negative so we dont have to end everything in shield bash ooooooorrrrr if they want to do some sick stuff make it so we can fly cancel out of it

why for what i dont get it.... The reason its unsafe is not the framedata of his trait its becouse of he has no string outside 111 that leaves him plus. And thats okay thats why his canon and his bash is unpunishable. He is a high mobilityzoner with ok mixup and great oki game he dont need a buff for pressure his fc pressure is good enough.

you say he needs it ?! For what for what matchup
211+3 i think is +

the only thing other than closing his gap in 111 i would like to see is some modification with his 33 string either make it neutral on block or only slightly negative so we dont have to end everything in shield bash ooooooorrrrr if they want to do some sick stuff make it so we can fly cancel out of it
No, you want to end in shield bash. its the number 2 reason he is in that stance. its not just good safe shave dmg, but good meter build. You won't get meter like that from any string. and if your ending in 33 it could probably a 33 bf3 (for shield stance, I think you need to be some what near a corner for that to combo)

I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO JUMP IN ATLANTIS AGAIN! At the very least they should give us 2 fly cancels like they do with combos.

Post patch now... if you jump, fly cancel, interactable jump..... well, that your one fly cancel per intractable.... (you can cancel after intractable, if you haven't already done one before using it) at least give us 2.......

If were not abusing it in the corner..... Then I don't see a problem letting us fly cancel over and over (like with regular jumps) as long as we don't get to high in the air to abuse it.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Sorry I just had to come here and remind everyone the blue beetle players wanted a damage buff day 1 :p. You guys are funny

for balance purposes, I would think that ever character should float somewhere between the 33% and 45% mark........ but what do I know........ and thats clearly just a starting point, exceptions always get made for specific meta

What if bladestance normals did more chip damage kinda like Batgirl knuckles. That maybe overkill but maybe. Also just for flavor would be cool to MB the 21 throw string just to swag.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
So far, I think we can all agree mace/gun stance is perfectly fine the way it is (perhaps even too good).

It is blade stance that seems to have an issue - if only because he loses access to his safe specials.

Since trait is supposed to buff both his damage and range, I'd like to get a consensus of how well you guys think these two attributes are balanced

For the record, I feel his range in trait is ample, but I do feel his trait damage needs a look at especially when you consider that even in trait he still needs to spend resources (which admittedly he can build quite fast - outside of trait...) to get damage certain characters can get without and who don't need to trait switch to sacrifice safety for damage.

If NRS does nerf the top tier's damage, then keep BB as is. If not, then I do at the very least thinks he needs a slight trait damage buff - nothing gigantic (say 10-15% ball park, and no nerfs)

Alternative buff ideas:
Depending on how NRS have designed/envisioned him behind the scenes:

1) Decrease trait switching animation by a handful of frames - granted it is currently already at a reasonable speed, but if it was closer to instant he could switch on the fly (pun intended) which would allow him to open up his opponents a little better and switch with greater frequency.

2) Allow him to trait cancel into specials as has been previously mentioned.

I can see why he has been balanced the way he has (lots of really good practical tools tempered with low damage) but then you look at say Superman, Black Adam, Darkseid and the rest of the top tier's and you're scratching your head thinking Why NRS did not carry on in that vein when it came to balancing those guys as well?

Last edited: