What's new

Battlefield 3 (Open BETA 9/29 - 10/10)

I can run it and I'd love to have the code, @Theme if you are going to get it for console I'd be glad if you could "give" the beta code to me since I've got like a monster pc (AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8-3.2 Ghz, ATI Radeon 5800 series and so on) for BF3 and I am really looking forward to play it. About the alpha trial, I didn't have much time to play it and they closed it the today so I got like, 4-5 hours of gameplay. I did not like the trial but I think the beta and the actual game will be much better.

I think the only reason CoD sees more competitive play is because the matches are small and they go by a lot faster.

On the other hand, Bf has huge maps that can sometimes draw on and on and on. But it's more fun than CoD in my opinion as I get hella bored with CoD after a while. I can go back and play BFBC2 any day and have fun with it.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Looks freaking amazing, getting on ps3 though

Ill manage the 24player cap

Wish i could get it for PC

I cannot fucking wait for this game. Actually I can because its clearly at "life-ruining" status of quality.

The only question is whether I get it on ps3 or not....

I'm worried the inclusion of planes will make the maps feel empty, even though they are shrinking them, and less action at the objectives because people are too busy trying to get inside the planes/choppers.

that and the obvious fact that any console FPS game is going to be filled with scrubs who don't know what "objective" or "teamwork" means

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
that and the obvious fact that any console FPS game is going to be filled with scrubs who don't know what "objective" or "teamwork" means
Oh, that's not fair to say at all! Halo and Cowadoodie have done great things for FPSes...they're now in the hands of every 5 year old!

I cannot fucking wait for this game. Actually I can because its clearly at "life-ruining" status of quality.

The only question is whether I get it on ps3 or not....

I'm worried the inclusion of planes will make the maps feel empty, even though they are shrinking them, and less action at the objectives because people are too busy trying to get inside the planes/choppers.

the trueskill for battlefield works very well actually.. once you get great all your opponents do. unless you stop playing for like a week

I'm more excited for MW3. I like the "arcade" style of it more. I get the appeal of a game being more strategic, but I'd rather just be able to load the game up and play it without worrying about my team of boobs doing stupid shit.

And, as vain as it sounds, it's going to run at 30FPS on consoles. When you go from 60FPS to 30FPS, the difference IS kind of annoying. I know that BF3 has all the destructible environments and whatnot, but I'd rather have the game run smoother.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shit, thanks Dean. I merged this into the BF3 thread but edited the title. Thanks for reminding us all. cant wait to play this later tonight.

Theme

Noob
This is a good as game so far. Feels a little bit like Call of Duty somewhat, but overall is a great improvement. So far so fucking good ;D

Theme

Noob
Yeah theres a shit ton of glitches and bugs in this beta. Hope they fix it all before the release.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
really bad first impression on me so far, i was REALLY looking forward to this but it just plays nothing like bad company which i loved, everything has this nasty bloom effect, the servers suck again and the game flat out refuses to let me play with friends as it just splits us up, gonna play it some more hoping i warm up to it but so far really dissapointed :(

GNG Iniquity

Personally, I think it's the map. Everyone hides in the brush which, makes it really dull I feel. Once you advance past that you get into the subway tunnels though, which is way the hell more enjoyable, but the park area is just downright boring as hell.

May as well go prone on a hill and snipe in that first area, nobody's going to be moving around, and if you walk past them in the brush then you'll instantly be killed. I'm just not a fan of sniping, personally I find it boring, much prefer running around with the shotgun flanking the other team and taking out the majority of them by myself. Which, I can do in the subway.

There is a good deal of glitches and server lag though, but that's to be expected in a beta! Also, that sucks that you can't form a squad with your friends, I was hoping to play this with some buddies.

Theme

Noob
Personally, I think it's the map. Everyone hides in the brush which, makes it really dull I feel. Once you advance past that you get into the subway tunnels though, which is way the hell more enjoyable, but the park area is just downright boring as hell.

May as well go prone on a hill and snipe in that first area, nobody's going to be moving around, and if you walk past them in the brush then you'll instantly be killed. I'm just not a fan of sniping, personally I find it boring, much prefer running around with the shotgun flanking the other team and taking out the majority of them by myself. Which, I can do in the subway.

There is a good deal of glitches and server lag though, but that's to be expected in a beta! Also, that sucks that you can't form a squad with your friends, I was hoping to play this with some buddies.
For my first impression, its quite fun and hectic. The maps always being bombarded with shells. Contrary to what you guys are experiencing, all the games I've played this far (have put in at least 3 hours), I havent really seen much camping at all, outside or inside the subway tunnels. I do agree on the bloom effect to be a bit much though... too strong IMO.

GNG Iniquity

Alright, so after playing this a bit more, it is pretty fun. However, if your squad are retards who think they're playing call of doodie with no objective in sight, you'll want to pull your hair out pretty quickly. That gets old, pretty fast. I mean, c'mon, all the objectives consist of is either disarming the charge or planting a charge.

I was doing that 11 years ago in CS 1.0. It's really not that hard! The laser and tactical lights drive me nuts though, it's never the enemy squad who blinds me, it's my own damn squad. You can turn them off! With competent people, I can see this being a lot of fun, though.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Not having a prone in BFBC2 was a big pet peeve of mine, probably why it's collecting dust. That actually makes me more stoked to try the beta out, it just finished downloading :p