What's new

Battlefield 3 (Open BETA 9/29 - 10/10)

Did some searching, here is a tweet by one of the developers.

"A lot of what you are seeing in the BETA doesn't exist in the main game already. 1st Party submissions mean we couldn't give a version of the latest code in the BETA but the retail game is well ahead of what you are seeing now with a lot more bug fixes already in place."

This leads me to believe the beta is less about bugs and glitches which are probably already fixed, and more about stress testing the servers. They don't wanna have what MW2 had at launch when they didn't test theirs.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
360 was in 1080p when I played it. WEther it's upscaled or not I don't know. Have you forced your PS3 to only display 1080p? Uncheck 720 adn 480.
I may actually still have 720 output enabled :) I dunno, my tv does weird things when it auto detects resolution through hdmi.

-b_s- :headbang:

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Did some searching, here is a tweet by one of the developers.

"A lot of what you are seeing in the BETA doesn't exist in the main game already. 1st Party submissions mean we couldn't give a version of the latest code in the BETA but the retail game is well ahead of what you are seeing now with a lot more bug fixes already in place."

This leads me to believe the beta is less about bugs and glitches which are probably already fixed, and more about stress testing the servers. They don't wanna have what MW2 had at launch when they didn't test theirs.
Makes perfect sense, especially with the 'lost Connection to EA' issues. Probably a lot of network routing/hardware troubleshooting going on behind the scenes whilst we play.Let's just hope its not one of those politically correct, customer-facing 'quality' statements, ya know?

-b_s- :headbang:

galindo

Noob
i actually cant remember the last time i played a beta with these few glitches as this
dead serious

its actually a decent beta and its an old build.
crysis 2, they actually completely wiped their beta because it was too much work beyond repair.
killzone 3 beta, nobody could play the first 2 days, and they also released 2 patches.
uncharted 3. same thing, nobody could play for almost the first 2 day.
driver san francisco. not too bad. couldnt find games though, not sure if it was the game.