What's new

Battle Arena Quarter Finals Winners Announced, Gameplay Footage is LIVE!

Death

Noob
Superman looked godlike. He looks like he has great specials and a standing reset with the freeze. He finished the fight so fast. I'm betting his damage is ridiculously high.

WW looks amazing. I cant wait to play her

coolwhip

Noob
Anyone else finds the girl narrator/host really annoying? And what's up with Batman channeling his inner Smoke with "stay down"? He looks so fun to play though.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Did she say to come back in "2 weeks" to make sure our vote counts? We're not getting any battle arena fights next week? D:

And yeah I find her voice really annoying :/ She seems detached, too. If they had someone awesome in the geek-realm like Felicia Day as the host for Battle Arena, that would have been too epic.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Man, I do not like that Batman alt. Dude looks fat as hell. Love Joker's though.
You do realize he's wearing lots of body armor in that design, right?

People complain "it's unrealistic for Batman to be able to survive _____", well, here's an outfit where he is decked out in armor. He's wearing what looks to be a bullet proof vest type material, with a steel chestplate over it. Metal plating ove rhis shoulders and forearms, as well as more armor over his thighs, calves, and shins. With his regular kevlar underneath it all.

It's always something...

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
You do realize he's wearing lots of body armor in that design, right?

People complain "it's unrealistic for Batman to be able to survive _____", well, here's an outfit where he is decked out in armor. He's wearing what looks to be a bullet proof vest type material, with a steel chestplate over it. Metal plating ove rhis shoulders and forearms, as well as more armor over his thighs, calves, and shins. With his regular kevlar underneath it all.

It's always something...
...K. Looks fat doe.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Are there any ringouts or stage hazards that follow you across the stage, though? Having played a good deal of SC, a ring out is a different beast from giant projectiles and things of that nature.

I think if you're going to make a comparison, Smash Bros would be more accurate. And after a lot of experience with the game, there were a lot of things that were turned off in competitive play due to random advantages. At the end of the day, players wanted to focus on fundamentals and core gameplay rather than dodging random items.

Either way, we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.
Sounds like a bunch of whiners to me.

Oh no we have to deal with something in the game!??!!!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Superman looked godlike. He looks like he has great specials and a standing reset with the freeze. He finished the fight so fast. I'm betting his damage is ridiculously high.

WW looks amazing. I cant wait to play her
In what video did you see WW look amazing?

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Jesus Christ do you have to make remarks at every post complaining about something? Shit, he wasn't even complaining; are people not allowed to dislike something?
Yep, I make remarks on every post...that's not an exaggeration at all. Not even a little.

Besides, you are waving the opinions flag that everyone should be entitled to how they feel, which i'm all for, but i'm just as entitled to ask exactly why you feel the way you do, or give my opinion on a statement you just said. This IS a discussion board, is it not? By "remarking" on another person's comment, I am engaging in conversation. That's the whole point. "Batman looks fat", response "Why does he look fat? Because he has a crapload of armor? Isn't that a good thing?". Not sute where you are getting this snarky tone from. You've never "remarked" on someone else's post that you had something to add to? If none of us ever pursued upon a difference of opinions, debate, argue, whatever you want to call it...we'd all just state what we have to say and never acknowledge each other unless it was "I agree". That's not very exciting.