What's new

Battle Arena Quarter Finals Winners Announced, Gameplay Footage is LIVE!

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
yoooo that flash cancel combo holy shit!!! that phase through projectile move is going to fuck with people soooo much, flash main right here!!!!

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
I love that they played up Batman's resourcefulness in this fight. For all the people that need things to make sense, i'm surprised this wasn't something people pointed out that they enjoyed. Whereas Wonder Woman just used her brute force, Batman was the one to use all the stage interactions and transitions to aid him in defeating her.

I guess people were too caught up in the "omgawd Batman won, how lame/predictable" to appreciate that factor.

They all seemed to be a bit more logical in how the fights played out this time around. Batman was resourceful and tactical. The Flash was just too quick for the Joker to react in most cases. Green Lantern and Aquaman was a much closer fight than the other 3. Superman vs Green Arrow was mostly one sided and quick.

Was great seeing the alternate attires as well.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I want to comment on all the things right now but I'ma bit smashed. So all I'll say is that Wonder Woman was fucking robbed, seriously Batman does not stand a sodding chance.

Thank god the Joker lost or else I would be spewing blood and venom right now...

trufenix

bye felicia
closer to a random object
See, that's my point, none of it is random. It's not like Bane MIGHT have an unblockable on P1 side. He just does. Every match. Every time you know its there. Even if stage select is random, you'll know, before either of you presses a single button that Bane can unblockable you on p1 side. So, you just have to file that away with the rest of your m/u knowledge.

How is that more broken than Kung Lao having x option Sheeva does not or is keeping track of base movelist options and stage options just too much to bear?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Kal what has happen to you?
I was supporting you because I thought even after the Regime you were still your old self.But now you're imitating Zod?Why!!!!!!!!?
Still that intro and outro are f**king awesome!

And this videos further prove to me that Batman and Flash are the best characters SO FAR.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Great matches! Anyone else notice @ 0:49 seconds in the first fight, Wonder Woman teched out of Batman's throw. :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
See, that's my point, none of it is random. It's not like Grundy MIGHT have an unblockable on P1 side. He just does. Every match. Every time you know it.

How is that more broken than Kung Lao having x option Sheeva does not?
Because when we go to character select, I can pick KL. I'm not locked into picking Sheeva because I'm on the p2 side :) The tools will always be the same. Vs. gaining an advantage/disadvantage because of the side I spawned on. These are two completely diff. things.

But again.. I'm not particularly attached to either outcome. We'll just have to see how it pans out.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
From what I've seen so far Wonder Woman has no long combos, so maybe she'll have more damaging normals/specials. Batman looks pretty cool. Flash still OP.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
All Flash did was get me excited for Joker. That alternate is pimpin'

Only one of the characters I voted for won, and it was Batman. ;_;

mkbat

Noob
When Batman run slides and gets back up leaves him open for an attack. Batman should run slide roll forward would save him. plus if he can roll while shooting a batarang backwards would be cool. To bad no smoke bomb or flash grenades.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Did Batman seriously just beat Wonder Woman? That is some first-class bullshit.
News Flash:

It's a vote based on your favorites and who you want to see win. Never...ever...was this supposed to be "who would actually win". You can vote that way if you'd like, but they never said "you guys better vote for who would really win or i'm telling!". Hell, if you go on facebook or twitter, they have stated it's meant to be about supporting your favorites. Even int he last damn video, between Aqua and Lantern, she says "did your favorite character win? If not, it's even more important to come back in 2 weeks to make sure your vote counts".

Sheesh.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Stay away from Supes, he's mine, ALL MINE!

Random thoughts:

Wonder Woman vs. Batman

Batman - Either his damage has to be ass, as he has a ton of set ups and combo-ability from even his projectiles, or he's just a very unsafe character.

Wonder Woman - Looks way better than I've seen her so far: Her stance change is relatively quick to the point where she can combo from one to the next, her AA whip covers tremendous space and ground bounces, her Shield Charge gets her close from about Jump distance.

Tidbits - Stage transition for this stage is the first time I thought "that's just too long".

Flash vs. Joker

Flash - WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY?!?!?!

Joker - Showed off a bit more, still looks kinda meh to me.

Aquaman vs. Green Lantern

Aquaman - Not much to say here, his water shield seems to stay activated for quite a while, I wonder if you can hold it for more meter.

Green Lantern - A lot more shown this week in terms of constructs and ability as a character, still nothing spectacular.

Superman vs. Green Arrow

Superman - He simply is not a flashy character, he's not someone that can string together a 11 hit, multistring/special combo with ease. I'm gonna assume his damage makes up for his lack of high combo-ability. Emperor Superman's opening/ending was GODLIKE!

Green Arrow - I don't feel the need to analyze him just like NRS didn't feel the need to showcase him.

What did those generic soldier guys say in Superman's intro?
"Huh? Superman...."

"Oh, he's got this."

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Apart from lantern vs aqua I thought the matches were pretty lame,after two fights Nrs has proved that the joker has nothing,I thought they might be saving something to show us from aquaman but nope,the exact same from his fight with cyborg so thanks for making my main nightwolf tier in this game.batman,the flash and supe looked really good though despite me being bored by the matches as a whole.maybe I'm just salty because I've had a shit week,lol.