What's new

Battle Arena Finals, DLC Reveal, and Recap!

NinjaBoy66

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
We didn't actually do all the videos. Though I did oversee pretty much all of them. Slips did a few and a few other QA guys did as well (Tyler, Jim, Wynston). Me, Steve, and Brad did the majority of the fights.

And Arrow was getting bodied by votes so it seems appropriate to show him getting squashed lol. That was done by Brad and Jim.

In the videos I used Lex (v Joker), Grundy (v Lantern), Batman (for all his matches), Arrow (for black adam's reveal), shazam (vs doomsday for his reveal), flash (vs shazam), and Harley. The rest I overlooked and there's one more vid still unreleased.
Just remember who made these fights look good buddy!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Hey everyone, now that this is over I just wanted to say thanks for all the props and support the battle arena videos got the past couple months. We worked hard on those videos and it was always cool to read the threads the morning they'd be released and see everyone hyped for the game. As Del pointed out, shout outs to the other guys that worked on some of them. Slips, Southside Jim, Wynston(you may know him as the Grundy that's been bodying everyone on stream) and Tyler(you don't know him but he's godlike). Plus Rigo, Hector and everyone behind the scenes involved in making that campaign happen. Was awesome to be apart of.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Lobo being the first up for DLC truly surprises me. Mostly just because that render looks fake as hell.

Juggs, you're getting your video but it's a fucking pain in the ass to purposefully give yourself papercuts. I was sitting there at my table for half an hour trying to do it and the paper just won't cut me. Gonna try again later tonight.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Lobo being the first up for DLC truly surprises me. Mostly just because that render looks fake as hell.

Juggs, you're getting your video but it's a fucking pain in the ass to purposefully give yourself papercuts. I was sitting there at my table for half an hour trying to do it and the paper just won't cut me. Gonna try again later tonight.
You don't really have to do that, lol. I keep forgetting about this "bet" until you bring it up, lmao.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
You don't really have to do that, lol. I keep forgetting about this "bet" until you bring it up, lmao.
Good. Because I really can't give myself a papercut. Tried like three different kinds of paper and had two other people "help" me do it. Doesn't happen.

Sorry about having to wait for MMH though.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Umm... what?
Told him a while ago that I'd do something painful on camera if MMH wasn't the first DLC character. Juggs went with "PAPERCUTS BETWEEN THE FINGERS AND DIP THAT SHIT IN VINEGAR."

And because I'm one hardcore gangsta boss motherfucker, I've been trying to pull that off but I'm apparently impervious to papercuts. #worldsworstsuperpower

Now it apparently doesn't matter.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Told him a while ago that I'd do something painful on camera if MMH wasn't the first DLC character. Juggs went with "PAPERCUTS BETWEEN THE FINGERS AND DIP THAT SHIT IN VINEGAR."

And because I'm one hardcore gangsta boss motherfucker, I've been trying to pull that off but I'm apparently impervious to papercuts. #worldsworstsuperpower

Now it apparently doesn't matter.
Actually, that makes perfect sense. However, I don't get why you picked that losing condition. Fellow egocentric masochist, with a sadist's point of bleak?
On a side note. Why haven't we faced off at IGAU yet?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Actually, that makes perfect sense. However, I don't get why you picked that losing condition. Fellow egocentric masochist, with a sadist's point of bleak?
On a side note. Why haven't we faced off at IGAU yet?
Well I wasn't going to agree to give him any money and I was actually pretty sure I wouldn't be wrong about that. Oh well.

And we'll get in some versus in good time. I only just took the game online yesterday... and I'm still beyond horrible at it. Haven't played a 2D fighter with legitimate footsies in four years... It's weird.

I think that Gorilla Grodd, Killer Croc and Darksied will either be a secret fight and maybe unlockable.

It will be

1. Lobo
2. Power Girl (won the poll)
3. Martian Manhunter
4. Firestorm

Then announce the next DLC pack!!!

1. Black Manta
2. Zantana
3. Blue Beetle
4. Black Carney or Animal Man