What's new

Match Footage Batman Tournament / Misc. Video Database

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
You shoulda been at MWC! I was the only Bman there -_-
I actually came very close to going down to MWC. However, my teammates wanted to go to this local and I haven't traveled around with them much yet, so I decided to tag along.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I actually came very close to going down to MWC. However, my teammates wanted to go to this local and I haven't traveled around with them much yet, so I decided to tag along.
I understand that, I was excited to hang with another good Batman but it's all good. I got took out early anyways haha

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Four more videos from the same tournament that I posted from, yesterday:

Max Intensity (Bane) vs. NB|SOT Semi Evil Ryu (Batman):

Explosive (Ares / Scorpion) vs. NB|SOT Semi Evil Ryu (Batman):

Hruza da Bruza (Nightwing) vs. NB|SOT Semi Evil Ryu (Batman):

Loser's Finals: Max Intensity (Bane) vs. NB|SOT Semi Evil Ryu (Batman):

bobross

Noob
Those were some pretty sweet matches. I'm surprised you didn't use the parry on either of the Bane's multiple charges, though. The Bat won't have it for long but it such a sweet tool that makes Bane almost free.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Those were some pretty sweet matches. I'm surprised you didn't use the parry on either of the Bane's multiple charges, though. The Bat won't have it for long but it such a sweet tool that makes Bane almost free.
Yeah, I was reminded of that after my Bane matches. That little fact completely slipped my mind.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

So I'm starting to feel like this thread might give people the idea that I created just so I could fish for props, with the rate that I've been posting my own tournament matches compared to the rate of other people's matches. But I promise you that is not the case, lol.

With that, here are videos from a tournament that I played on Saturday at Cincinnati State.....lol

http://www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy/b/423528923

- 1:14:30 vs. Kenshinoyo (Batman)

- 1:46:00 vs. FF K.Rung (Green Lantern / Black Adam)

- 2:02:00 vs. FromUndaMan (Sinestro)

- 2:12:00 (Loser's Finals) vs. The Red Cyclone (Wonder Woman)

- 2:26:00 (Grand Finals) vs. Kenshinoyo (Batman)

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Ok, guys. I need help...

23:40 mark - Myself vs. Black Adam

37:20 mark - Myself vs. same Black Adam

I am struggling in this match-up, guys. Does anyone see anything that I'm doing wrong? (Please ignore the fact that I went with Superman in the last game, lol)

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Ok, guys. I need help...

23:40 mark - Myself vs. Black Adam

37:20 mark - Myself vs. same Black Adam

I am struggling in this match-up, guys. Does anyone see anything that I'm doing wrong? (Please ignore the fact that I went with Superman in the last game, lol)
I'm not that great, but take this for what you will: In the second game of set one, first round, you were doing well until you didn't respect the fact he can wake up into full combo. If you time those jumps better, BA is free on wake up. You seemed to do best when you pushed him into the corner. Maybe try to do MB bataring when you're pressuring for the free jump in on block? I saw you were sitting at 4 bars of meter for most of that game. I think you realized that because in your second match, you never really went much above 3 bars.

Also, I don't know what the rules were, but why play in Wayne Manor's hall? BA can throw everything on that stage at you. You have half the options he does there. Also, when you knocked him down and ended your combo in B23, IMO you should have thrown the piano at that point. He was on the ground and you rolled right to it. I think he just used the environment better almost everytime.

When I play against BA, I try to end combos with B3, J3, B2, Sky Grapple. This sets you up for some good hard knockdown set ups. If you already MB'd the Sky Grapple in the combo, you may need to try J2's instead of J3. I feel it's a MU that Batman has to be the aggressor. Batman can't zone here, and when he gets pressure and momentum going, it's in your favor.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I had a lot of those same problems with BA. It always seems like Batman has to chase him around the stage.

A couple things I noticed that gave me problems are Adam's wakeup, options to punish Adam and the low lightning. Batman needs to establish the tone in the match, and I know it can be difficult when you have to deal with the low lightning. What I usually do is dash and block low, anytime he jumps, I block him. This eliminates both options as you push BA to the corner. One trick I like to do as you get him to the corner is air to air him. A lot of times BA players are going to try and dive kick over your head. If you can catch him in the air before or as the dive kick starts, the J2 will beat it out.

I know dive kick can be punished now, but I always seem to whiff when I try it unless I have bats out. When I block a dive kick I release bats if available. 9 times out of 10 BA is going to jump back or dash back. The bats will catch the jump and you can get a J2, B2 combo. If he dashes back you have to give pursuit, obviously. What I like to do is dash once forward and see what he does. If he continues to walk back I will either dash once more and go with a B1 starter, or try a slide just to get BA on the ground.

If you can get him on the ground, you obviously have to deal with that insane wake up. The first knockdown I like to dash up and wait until the wake-up window comes in to play. Then I'll just block to see what BA does. If he wakes-up you'll know tendencies. You can then determine if you want to let the wake-up play out and attack, or if he doesn't wake up you can continue offense. I also like to call a bat after a dash in just in case he doesn't wake-up.

Also, sometimes a neutral jump will avoid the wake-up, yet sometimes I get hit with it. Does anyone have a 100% success or fail rate with a neutral jump on BA's wake-up?

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
One of my favourite matches:

I like the way Dartharma goes for the pressure.

Excuse me for not putting it like a spoiler, but I don't know how to do that. How do you do that?

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Let's give this thread another bump.

Yours truly in an online set against @Rodrigue 's Selina. It was laggy, so expect dropped (and non-optimal) combos and strange clashes. I think it's a good "roadmap" on how to approach the Catwman 's matchup.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I'll probably be online tomorrow afternoon. Shall we dance? It's always a pleasure against you Ryu. Even though i get massacred most of the time LOL. All the Batmen online are trash. I can use the same tech over and over without them ever noticing.