What's new

Match Footage Batman Tournament / Misc. Video Database

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Alright, so here it is: Batman Video Thread

I'm going to try and start a database of videos of tournament matches or exhibitions featuring The Dark Knight. Feel free to post any videos that you deem worthy of being in here. If at all possible, though, try to keep it to YouTube videos AND post the video in a spoiler tag. For example, I'm going to post my Grand Finals tournament match from a monthly local that we had, the other day so you can see a little bit of the format that I'm hoping for.

TEH Courage (Aquaman) vs. SOT Semi Evil Ryu (Batman)

Good stuff. I like how you were using the jump in to cross up into the 123 alot =). You play a mean batman. The only suggestion i can give you is maybe you use 113 alitle to much? Im kinda surprised he never tried to armor out of the 113. Ive had my friend get alittle to armor happy on it though so i started canceling it into slide or 112 so hed slip up and try to armor through and eat a combo. Canceling into batarangs also does this, cause its 2 projectiles and armor only cancels one, however that will only work on people with a slow overhead.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
You need to add in REO's Batman from Final Round and the other one against Tom Brady (I can't remember it's name)

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Keeping this alive, Winner's and Loser's footage from last week's Godlike Sundays:

TEH Courage (Aquaman) vs. NB|SOT Semi Evil Ryu (Batman / Superman)

NB|SOT Semi Evil Ryu (Batman) vs. MWA Dandy J (Superman)

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Thank ya, sir. Credit to @Reno_Racks for showing it to me at UFGT, though I still have to practice being more consistent at it.
I've got to incorporate that into my Batman. I like the way you use Bruce. The way you use the bats is a great example on how to use them to get in.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Yo DarthArma ! You got a good Bruce but that Aquaman is too cheap. I have the Aquaman - Batman MU 7-3 in Aquaman's favor because of that dumb ass trait and the Meter build that they get from EX Bazillion Tridents...not to mention that they can AA our ji2. Best thing is just pick someone else to play Aquaman haha maybe they'll eventually kill the Meter build down by a shit load and decrease the length of trait. Even then they still will have a 6-4 cuz of the AA unless we open with our trait.

PS - I was thinking the Asian dude looked goofy and was like "I really hope that isn't Darth" at first haha I wouldn't have replied lmao

Yo DarthArma ! You got a good Bruce but that Aquaman is too cheap. I have the Aquaman - Batman MU 7-3 in Aquaman's favor because of that dumb ass trait and the Meter build that they get from EX Bazillion Tridents...not to mention that they can AA our ji2. Best thing is just pick someone else to play Aquaman haha maybe they'll eventually kill the Meter build down by a shit load and decrease the length of trait. Even then they still will have a 6-4 cuz of the AA unless we open with our trait.

PS - I was thinking the Asian dude looked goofy and was like "I really hope that isn't Darth" at first haha I wouldn't have replied lmao

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'm gonna start looking somewhere else. Who besides frost do you think gives aquaman a hard time?¿

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'm gonna start looking somewhere else. Who besides frost do you think gives aquaman a hard time?¿
Iunno lol I'm scared to try too much, I was thinking about trying Raven...just spam the soul crush...you don't have to worry about chip damage if you're almost full screening soul crush lol then you just have to watch for FTD which is more manageable than the Trident Rush...

And saying "Frost gives Aquaman a hard time" is being very generous lol it's probably 5-5 lmao...but I've never used Frost so I don't exactly know, just going by analysis

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I really need help with this match up. I feel this is a real struggle against aquaman.

DarthArma vs Riyo (aquaman)
So I just got done watching both of these. I really don't have that much advise for you. For the most part, you played this match-up the best that Batman can play it. However, the ONLY thing that I tell you is that I've learned to give up on jumping in on Aquaman. Even WITH the assist of Batman's trait bats. Aquaman's d2 is just TOO GOOD as an anti-air and just too quick. Whenever I'm throwing bat trait pressure at Aquaman, I'll just follow those bats in on foot, rather than through the air. That way, you can at least continue with a little more pressure once the block stun of the bats have expired via 1,1 or 1,2 and try to hit confirm from there.

Other than that, not much else that I can think of. I can tell that you have a really solid Batman. But at the end of the day, I'd call this MU 6-4 in Aquaman's favor.

So I just got done watching both of these. I really don't have that much advise for you. For the most part, you played this match-up the best that Batman can play it. However, the ONLY thing that I tell you is that I've learned to give up on jumping in on Aquaman. Even WITH the assist of Batman's trait bats. Aquaman's d2 is just TOO GOOD as an anti-air and just too quick. Whenever I'm throwing bat trait pressure at Aquaman, I'll just follow those bats in on foot, rather than through the air. That way, you can at least continue with a little more pressure once the block stun of the bats have expired via 1,1 or 1,2 and try to hit confirm from there.

Other than that, not much else that I can think of. I can tell that you have a really solid Batman. But at the end of the day, I'd call this MU 6-4 in Aquaman's favor.
Thanks for the tip. It's really hard to control myself from jumping in :(

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I really need help with this match up. I feel this is a real struggle against aquaman.
All I can say is: avoid jumping. Or use mix ups with dive kicks and db2 to not get too obvious when you're jumping at him. Oh, and prefer to use Ji1 instead of Ji2 and Ji3, since it's faster. If the Aquaman player is a good one you will get AA by d2 and comboed out of it every single fucking time. Yeah, his D2 is that ridiculous.

B3 is your friend. I always use it to keep close range, since it gives huge frame advantage on block, allowing you to keep close to him. Batman's B3 is one of the best in the game imo.

All I can say is: avoid jumping. Or use mix ups with dive kicks and db2 to not get too obvious when you're jumping at him. Oh, and prefer to use Ji1 instead of Ji2 and Ji3, since it's faster. If the Aquaman player is a good one you will get AA by d2 and comboed out of it every single fucking time. Yeah, his D2 is that ridiculous.

B3 is your friend. I always use it to keep close range, since it gives huge frame advantage on block, allowing you to keep close to him. Batman's B3 is one of the best in the game imo.

Thank you sir, I will take all of this into consideration at the 8 on the break tournament. anyone who is interested it starts around 9 pm tonight (EST) go to twitch.tv/8wayrun to tune in

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Grand Finals of a Chicago local, this past weekend:

Heroic Legacy (Shazam) vs. NB | SOT Semi Evil Ryu (Batman):