What's new

BATMAN PLAYERS UNITE

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1. Get rid of the vortex, make it to where Batman can’t jump after MB grapple, but he could still use 123 or 223 to launch

2. Bats don’t charge if Batman has bats out.

I'm pretty sure Batman v Cheetah is supposed to be way better now isn't it? I dunno. I swear reading that cheetah players were figuring it out. Pointless talking point I know, just saying.

I am protective of Batman because I like him and enjoy watching him.. but the + on vortex is a little nutso given everything else he can do. I think he needs to KEEP THE VORTEX, but it should be tweaked. Keep it safe, absolutely, but + is a wee bit much lol.

I also think bats should keep charging while one is out - just way the fuck slower. This let's him do everything he does now but spreads it out a little and opens up round some to the opponent.

If you kill his vortex and kill his bat recharge, you are just going to see Atrocitus Batman's. They will spend huge parts of the match huddled up, doing nothing, running away and just waiting on bats, for a little flurry of activity that can be totally stopped right away, then back to huddled waiting. You may hate Batman and want him to be weak - but that kinda shit is bad for the game. I keep saying it, characters need to be dynamic and interesting.

If Batman loses trait recharge while one is active then he at least needs the ability to choose the number of bats he calls at a time, so if he builds up more than one, he can choose to only call one at a time.

Just VERY LIGHTLY nerf him - and make the mid tier and low tier better. Pull the game up, not down.
The mu vs cheetah is slightly better than it was from laumch but still a 7-3 or 6-4 mu. All bats has to do is up batarang, zone and then whenshe gets close mb fkn batarang into full combo its annoying to fight especially since cheetah has no real forward advancing normals to challange footsies/neutral. I feel cyborg does better but its just a build meter until he gets bats or gets close then immediately push block reset neutral and begin zoning and building meter for next encounter. His trait def needs nerfing

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
The mu vs cheetah is slightly better than it was from laumch but still a 7-3 or 6-4 mu. All bats has to do is up batarang, zone and then whenshe gets close mb fkn batarang into full combo its annoying to fight especially since cheetah has no real forward advancing normals to challange footsies/neutral. I feel cyborg does better but its just a build meter until he gets bats or gets close then immediately ousj block reset neutral and begin zoning and building meter for next encounter. His trait def needs nerfing

Fair enough. I remember Revet or whichever of the two brothers played cheetah, saying he thought it was even after grinding it out, even possibly cheetah winning, but he's an ENORMOUS upplayer and positive thinker (I say that with respect, it's nice to seen optimistic opinions) but I didn't know if that translated to the rest of the communities opinion or just his own.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
He isn’t, Batman would only have one bat when the game starts and the bats only charge if Batman doesn’t have trait activated. So he not only wouldn’t start with 3 bats, he wouldn’t get back to back trait in any circumstance.
If you ask me, Batman keeping trait and patiently waiting for you to be overzealous is what makes him top tier.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Do you think 223 should be special cancelable still? Feels silly to have that as a mind game on top of it being a safe meterless launcher.
It's not that big of a deal, the cancel advantage on that string is pretty bad. If Batman cancels 223 on block into trait it's actually like -10.

MB batarangs you don't get free pressure anymore so

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
With a major caveat, Flash still has to abide by frame data rules and can't make himself safe on punishable move.

In neutral Flash has to play smart to get in and some of his approach options are just unsafe. He can trait in neutral to help out but it isn't immediately available again once used and push-block is very strong against his trait.

Batman hits trait, does something random and then maybe depending on the situation, release bat to cover his ass. If he has 12th level intellect he will stall with 1 bat out until a second bat is ready until he attacks.
I'm talking about his overhead pound which is -3 n -1 respectively unless your on hit why would you use his PUNISHABLE specials just like Batman 123, slide, you'd only use them on hitconfirm...

Once again pushblock is way stronger against Batman as 1) he's out of your face 2) he loses all bats he has in play 3) he loses bats he just called 4) he has to play neutral again with no bats.... and once he loses trait he doesn't have a bat immediately (unless he is a smart Batman player who has bat management) as it takes about 6 second (in game time) for 1 bat iirc... and 15 seconds (in game time) for flash trait also speaking it takes (about 16-18 seconds in game time for all 3 bats) so that is about equal time.

Once again you can PUSHBLOCK Batman to negate bats and reset neutral. And if you are talking about slide, jump 2, F3 in neutral try blocking low and reacting to the F3, jump 2 animations and pushblocking afterward... if they dash in after bats have been released you can D2 any follow up as bats have ZERO block stun to them... which in turn stops ambiguous j2 sheninagins or his 112, 123, strings as they are both high so he can do b11 but it'll trade or still get beat... and if he does b11 with no more bats you can backdash as b113 has a gap on all options except slide....

Why is no one calling out King for wanting a trait buff?
Because it's king and people in this community are sheep when it comes to top players voicing opinions

Because he's not? He's asking for bats to not charge while active.
Obviously if nrs did these needs they'd pick only one option of him starting with one bat (buff) because while now he can get that one bat to start round he already has a bat ready after wards... or recharging(nerf)

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I'm talking about his overhead pound which is -3 n -1 respectively unless your on hit why would you use his PUNISHABLE specials just like Batman 123, slide, you'd only use them on hitconfirm...

Once again pushblock is way stronger against Batman as 1) he's out of your face 2) he loses all bats he has in play 3) he loses bats he just called 4) he has to play neutral again with no bats.... and once he loses trait he doesn't have a bat immediately (unless he is a smart Batman player who has bat management) as it takes about 6 second (in game time) for 1 bat iirc... and 15 seconds (in game time) for flash trait also speaking it takes (about 16-18 seconds in game time for all 3 bats) so that is about equal time.

Once again you can PUSHBLOCK Batman to negate bats and reset neutral. And if you are talking about slide, jump 2, F3 in neutral try blocking low and reacting to the F3, jump 2 animations and pushblocking afterward... if they dash in after bats have been released you can D2 any follow up as bats have ZERO block stun to them... which in turn stops ambiguous j2 sheninagins or his 112, 123, strings as they are both high so he can do b11 but it'll trade or still get beat... and if he does b11 with no more bats you can backdash as b113 has a gap on all options except slide....

Because it's king and people in this community are sheep when it comes to top players voicing opinions

Obviously if nrs did these needs they'd pick only one option of him starting with one bat (buff) because while now he can get that one bat to start round he already has a bat ready after wards... or recharging(nerf)
The recharge nerf will make Batman mid tier.And then you’ll only have more Deadshot’s which have no counter picks or more Supergirl patience fests, add any other top tier if you want to.
What people tend to forget is the fact that bats instantly go away on hit so the Batman player is trying as hard as you’re trying to get a hit on him to not get hit.Bats also go away on teched throws and whiff tremendously on females.J2 is not the ultimate jump-in, anti airs still exist and unless it’s corner party time, most backdashes will put you out of his pressure.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
The recharge nerf will make Batman mid tier.And then you’ll only have more Deadshot’s which have no counter picks or more Supergirl patience fests, add any other top tier if you want to.
What people tend to forget is the fact that bats instantly go away on hit so the Batman player is trying as hard as you’re trying to get a hit on him to not get hit.Bats also go away on teched throws and whiff tremendously on females.J2 is not the ultimate jump-in, anti airs still exist and unless it’s corner party time, most backdashes will put you out of his pressure.
Exactly

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Yeah, Batman, along with the rest of the top tier could use some nerfs. I think you guys honestly forgot MKX and what a broken character is actually like. Batman, Deadshot, Supergirl, Red Hood, and Catwoman are nothing compared to pre patch Raiden, pre patch Quan, pre patch Alien, or pre patch Demo.
I moslty agree, but I wouldn't know about Supergirl honestly.

Last edited:

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I agree, but I wouldn't know about Supergirl honestly.
She has no counter picks in a game of counter picks and trait lasers would be the best in game projectile if they didn’t have recharge time.The list goes on not to mention the BEST in game d1 that can PUNISH SPECIFIC CHARACTERS’ COUNTERPOKE ATTEMPTS.That d1 is (soap bar in mouth).

Last edited:

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I just don't understand why Batman is still discussed like that, it's obvious he needs a nerf.
You are looking from Grodd’s perspective and Batman sodomises him.However, most of his match-up chart is filled with 5-5 and a nearly equal amount of winning match-ups and counter picks.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I don't understand the logic behind up or downplaying a character, I'm playing the ones I like.
I play Batman because I like his plus frames, staggers and pressure.Which is also why I dislike shooting x100 bullets from full screen without thought and simultaneously not play Deadshot at all.

Last edited:
You are looking from Grodd’s perspective and Batman sodomises him.However, most of his match-up chart is filled with 5-5 and a nearly equal amount of winning match-ups and counter picks.
Batman vs Grodd is terrible I admit, not unplayable, but harsh. What I don't like is any character having something super good for almost zero amount of execution which is likely Batman's case. I need to do high execution cancels to stay safe, he gets plus frames for nothing. Those who say he'll go bottom tier with a nerf are no subject to me. As I said before, I don't give a single fuck about counter-picking anybody or my MU being 10-0 but make people put some skill, effort and time into characters. Batman is a goofy ass character, that's all I can say.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Batman vs Grodd is terrible I admit, not unplayable, but harsh. What I don't like is any character having something super good for almost zero amount of execution which is likely Batman's case. I need to do high execution cancels to stay safe, he gets plus frames for nothing. Those who say he'll go bottom tier with a nerf are no subject to me. As I said before, I don't give a single fuck about counter-picking anybody or my MU being 10-0 but make people put some skill, effort and time into characters. Batman is a goofy ass character, that's all I can say.
At high level, the mix-ups go beyond just jumping and plus frames.First you start mixing throws against blocking, then you start jumping since they’ll try to tech throws and more ways to open people up etc.
Shame I’m only halfway there.

At high level, the mix-ups go beyond just jumping and plus frames.First you start mixing throws against blocking, then you start jumping since they’ll try to tech throws and more ways to open people up etc.
Shame I’m only halfway there.
What's your point? ^^