What's new

Batman Comparison

KRYS9984

Noob
Guys, the reason why I'm complaining so much about his new b3 is this actually really hurts his combos and corner carry as well as his pressure. His old b3 was advancing kick and now we have stand still punch. So this means: no b3 off of: 223, 113, 123 bat, d2 as an anti air, off raw trait, etc.

I hope its just a gear change but ign has default batman with no gear using it. :(
I really liked the old B3 but it's unfortunately gone (much like certain aspects of other returning characters).

There are ways to get around this loss though:

- In neutral, if you make a read and want to launch the opponent at close range, use his MB F3 instead. It travels a pretty good distance and is an overhead after all. This can be used off of the strings you mentioned.

- Combo starter such as 113 and 223 don't require a B3; you can simply finish these combos by linking a dash or jump (113 - dash - 123 - B23 or 223 - JK - 123 - B23).

- I'm sure combos which require 1 bat trait will still work since the B3 is done at close range. For example (from IGAU): 123 - F2 - trait cancel - 123 - release bat - B3 - JK - B23.

I think there's also a positive side to having this stationary move; B3'ing an opponent will be much easier off a background bounce to net better meterless damage. Back in IGAU, Batman really couldn't do this and simply linked a JK.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I really liked the old B3 but it's unfortunately gone (much like certain aspects of other returning characters).

There are ways to get around this loss though:

- In neutral, if you make a read and want to launch the opponent at close range, use his MB F3 instead. It travels a pretty good distance and is an overhead after all. This can be used off of the strings you mentioned.

- Combo starter such as 113 and 223 don't require a B3; you can simply finish these combos by linking a dash or jump (113 - dash - 123 - B23 or 223 - JK - 123 - B23).

- I'm sure combos which require 1 bat trait will still work since the B3 is done at close range. For example (from IGAU): 123 - F2 - trait cancel - 123 - release bat - B3 - JK - B23.

I think there's also a positive side to having this stationary move; B3'ing an opponent will be much easier off a background bounce to net better meterless damage. Back in IGAU, Batman really couldn't do this and simply linked a JK.
All valid points. We will just have to wait and see how the new b3 will be incorporated into his game play.

My personal wishlist for changes:

- 112 3rd hit no longer whiffs on crouch block
- B11 2nd hit connects on hit/block as long as the first hit is in range
- D1 having better horizontal range

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
While reusing old move sets may seem stale, imagine how much time it clears up to work on new characters while balancing what was already created. Although the moves look the same, frame data and hit box tweaks can make profound impact on a characters play style from before. Perfect example would be supermans F2 going from a mid in I1 to a high in I2.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I want the entire 22 string to be a mid but maybe make it less than plus 8 if that's gonna happen, it's almost useless in pressure with the second hit a high because anyone with half a brain is gonna low block vs Batman. Slide doesn't need to be safe but it shouldn't put Batman at disadvantage.