What's new

Batman Comparison

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Made a quick video showcasing the similarities between injustice 1 and 2 batman. This is early game play footage, so a lot can change when the game is released. What do you guys think? is this a good or bad move by NRS?

trufenix

bye felicia
so much for shorter super animations. Did you really make a video and thread just to highlight something painfully obvious?

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
I didn't like almost every Batman move in IGAU, so I hope that in final version of I2 we'll see another moves..

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
In life, some people will find that they have to get used to new things.
How ironic that something staying the same is new. Although that's a good thing I guess since it goes to show how much more of their games NRS change compared to others.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If this is final then I'll be bummed. I played MKX before I played MK9, when I went back and played MK9 for the first time, it was exciting as shit figuring out just how different these characters looked, played and felt, figuring out how to make a character work from the ground up is a great experience imo.

trufenix

bye felicia
Am I in a time warp? Are you guys forgetting all those games before mk9 we supposedly loved that literally changed NOTHING but a couple specials and mechanics between games and most of the animations were even SHARED between characters?

Fuck man, there's no winning with y'all.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You mean old things.
How ironic that something staying the same is new. Although that's a good thing I guess since it goes to show how much more of their games NRS change compared to others.
"New" contextually as it is the first time they've introduced the "legacy" concept into a new game.

I mean...it's not that hard to understand what I was getting at.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I'm down with the fact that things are carrying over. Makes all the work I put into playing IGAU worth more which is personally satisfying. Still a lot of moves have gotten new properties, like mids being highs now or frames being different speeds. I'm still holding out that GL will get some new specials at the very least similiar to how new Supes has a new scoop.

On the subject of Batman he seems to be really similar and should be good for most to come back to. Though I'm curious to which strings change properties because I doubt they all did.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I dont mind the use of the same special moves, but i kind of expected new normals and combo strings to make the chars feel fresh. I was looking forward to seeing joker in the game until i realized he can possible be the same as injustice 1.

mkbat

Noob
I would like some new moves for Batman.
Grab move into Judo roll throw with sticky plastique on them while they blow up in air.
Smoke bomb escape or pounce.
swing grapple kick in mid air
bat bola capture
flash bomb close or mid
electric batarang.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So if we can transform characters, can we get a Batman beyond gear set with the voice of Terry McGinus?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Looking at all the footage again, his jump looks less floaty and his batarangs look to have faster startup. He also got a change on the end of b112 and b113. Parry and Slide still look to have almost no hit advantage.

Hoping for more gameplay next week!

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I don't like his new B3, the kick in the first game looked better.
#meterburnback3

Looking at all the footage again, his jump looks less floaty and his batarangs look to have faster startup. He also got a change on the end of b112 and b113. Parry and Slide still look to have almost no hit advantage.

Hoping for more gameplay next week!
And the batarangs have a redesign. I bet my life slide will still be very negative on block. It would be crazy to give Batman a good wake-up game.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
And the batarangs have a redesign. I bet my life slide will still be very negative on block. It would be crazy to give Batman a good wake-up game.
I wouldn't be surprised if the recovery frames and chip have been reduced for both regular and EX batarangs.

I'm fine with wakeup slide being punishable on block. I'm not cool with successfully hitting your opponent with the slide and then being punished OR having to hold certain wakeups. That was dumb.

Didn't they say that different gear sets would have different properties and may unlock different move options?

I expect returning characters to be very similar but for a few balance tweaks but I'm keeping an eye on the gear system. They might still have some new options that unlock with gear.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Guys, the reason why I'm complaining so much about his new b3 is this actually really hurts his combos and corner carry as well as his pressure. His old b3 was advancing kick and now we have stand still punch. So this means: no b3 off of: 223, 113, 123 bat, d2 as an anti air, off raw trait, etc.

I hope its just a gear change but ign has default batman with no gear using it. :(