What's new

General/Other Batgirl Trailer Analysis

My analysis of Batgirl below. Discuss all things about the potential shown for this character's trailer here.
:44 his bitch knows nothing 'bout swinging

:49 The first look at her trick hop. It seems to move her hurtbox, so it's not like certain attacks where the hurtbox lies to you. Might be a decent reversal option midscreen, but not in the corner. First followup used is the divekick, which leads to a splat hard knockdown, similar to Lobo's Back 2. You have all the time in the world to set something up, so this already confirms she'll at least have a strong oki game.

:52 An anti-air shoulder tackle, similar to Shazam's 3 in Back 23. Shows that she will not give any fucks to those that jump at her all willy-nilly.

:55 Her back throw. Seems to leave them at sweep distance, which is pretty good I guess. At least it's not a throw that's counter productive to her character, like throws that send the opponent full screen and recover fast for rushdown characters.

:59 The move everyone's talking about, the scrub players' prayers have been answered in the form of a projectile counter. A successful counter sends her in Raven Soul Crush max distance territory, but she's able to get a free dash it seems. Wakeup Soul Crush or any move that controls that much space may interrupt her dash.

1:00 Her forward dash, which seems to be a short hop across the screen. It seems a liiiiiiiiiiitle slow, but recovers kinda fast.

1:02 A potential combo ender involving her claws. She strikes the foe a few times, and when MB'd, she pops them up for a free Back 3. This will most likely be how she starts her BnBs.

1:18 We see both her Jump 1 or 2, which is kinda like Harley's Jump 2, and a low starting combo string that pops up for a combo. She does a short combo that leads to a knockdown of some kind (not sure if its a similar hard knockdown like Lobo's Hook Charge, or if the guy just didn't roll) and dashes in to apply some pressure.

1:21 A projectile that ties the opponent up. Batgirl attempts to stupidly use the motorcycle to followup like a dumb bitch, but I THINK we should be able to dash up and follow up with a combo.

1:28 Her normal projectile and the meter burn variant. This is pretty similar to Cyborg's meter burn variant of his grounded Nova Blast, with a second projectile shooting upward to prevent people from jumping over the initial fireball. Nothing special, average fireball.

1:31 Her trait. She switches the Batclaw thingy for electric gloves or something i guess whatever. Pretty fast startup and recovery, so she might be able to, say, do the combo that started from the low, then activate trait and dash up, or activate trait after a trick hop divekick.

1:32 The second trick hop attack, this time she follows up with an anti-air drop kick with what seems to be almost no recovery frames (on hit, at least). While the opponent did not roll after getting hit by the move, it seems like it wouldn't matter as she WILL recover in time to dash up and start something.

1:35 A corner combo involving a Forward 3 cancel. If the opponent didn't clash, I would bet everything that the combo Batgirl had in mind would've done at least 35%.

1:40 Batgirl is not amused.

1:49 Joker fires his gun, and in anticipation of Batgirl's projectile counter, he dashes after he recovers and punishes Batgirl, despite her countering the projectile. This proves that the counter is NOT ALWAYS THE BEST OPTION against certain projectiles. So she won't be the end-all answer to zoning, and will have to work her way in just like everyone else.

1:54 The meter burn variant of her trapping projectile. Launches the opponent into the sky, allowing for some sort of followup. Might be useless since this pretty much forces her followup to be a juggle with an ender, rather than a combo string into a juggle into an ender.

1:56 The meter burn variant of her anti-air tackle. She teleports back to the floor, allowing her to followup with a combo. Ladies and Gentlefolk, the DLC characters don't like it when you jump at them. So don't do it, or you'll eat a ton of damage.

2:04 Now this is interesting... Batgirl does a trick hop and meter burns it, which leads to her to grab the opponent. This move most likely tracks where you are, so this MIGHT be a good idea to use against zoners MAYBE. But here's the kicker. She meter burns that same special AGAIN, this time to allow her to followup for a combo. 2 bars for tracking combo that literally dangles the opponent in front of you for a free combo. I'm actually not sure how good idea that may be, but I can see it's uses. This is also my favorite move she has. The opponent's animation while dangling is great.

2:09 Her super, which defies the laws of, well, everything, reminds me why I'll never go bungee-jumping, and ends the whole thing with a "Deal with it" quality double boot stomp. It's activated in the air, similar to CSZ's X-ray from MK9.

2:33 This winpose was made specifically for this alt to happen, therefore it must. Green Lantern has a pose that's taken straight from the comics for his "IMMA CHARGING MAH SUPAAHHHHHH" animation, so why not, amiriteguize.

Overall, I feel Batgirl will strictly be a rushdown/oki-doke based character. Her hard knockdowns, anti-air, unique projectiles and projectile counter show that she will be strong in the neutral game as well as the moment she starts R-ing the S D. The only thing I'm a little scared about is the fact that very little combo strings were shown in the video, besides the low starter combo and the corner combo. If she's limited to a few strings only, then her mixup game might be non-existent, but that's pretty unlikely.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't think that's a projectile counter, Joker doesn't fire his gun the second time, he dash cancels it. It also seems like it can be used in the air.

Also her dragon punch.

Are we sure that is the meter burned version, its kinda hard to tell with the smoke covering the would be purple explosion.
It could be that you can cancel the DP into her weird teleport attack, and one of the the options is to teleport to the ground?
Probably just a meterburned version though.

R

Rottenmilk

With her tools she might not be able to be zoned. Well, no character should have trouble getting in in this game. her rushdown seems nice from the little tease, if they give her nice normals she could be top tier. She needs mix ups as well.

Niko Mar

Founding Member of the Fate Army
Wtf, doesn't she meter burn at like 2:02 and then use her super? Will that super lead be nonexistent in the actual game (this could be training mode) or does her trait have something to do with it?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
She seems like a decent counter zoner. You pretty much broke the trailer down I didn't see anything you didn't see. I also think that from the gameplay she looks like a mixture of Sonya and Jax with gadgets. :16Bit

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Wtf, doesn't she meter burn at like 2:02 and then use her super? Will that super lead be nonexistent in the actual game (this could be training mode) or does her trait have something to do with it?
I am pretty sure this is in training mode. It would explain why we don't see any health bars or damage. :16Bit

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Lol probably, but wouldn't that seem like false advertising to show her do that move into a super when you really can't. :eek:
I just think they are doing it for the show. Make the trailer interesting. I mean they always clash and sometimes the loser loses the clash. Which means they should be getting damaged. It doesn't really matter. They are just trying to show case her abilities. :16Bit

I was one of those who was like "Hell Yeah Lobo wtf Batgirl!?", but now I am really excited to play her. Lobo was honestly a dissapointment to me in terms of playstyle and Batgirl seems much more exciting.

My gut tells me she will be a fantastic counter pick character but not necessarily S Tier in general. But of course it is WAY to early to make these conclusions, just going to enjoy playing with her when she is released:)

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Best part of this trailer was Joker's costume. You're all thinking it too, don't front.
Joker's costume was pretty sick. I don't think that was the best part of the trailer though. :16Bit

Also. I didn't know what quip meant. So here... a witty remark, especially one made on the spur of the moment. She is also one of the only characters to swear at 1:02. She says, "I'm a real pain in the ass, huh?"

She seems to act more like Nightwing... than Nightwing. So not only does she have the quips of Nighwing... she has the tools Batman should have used. Man I love Batgirl. I cant wait to hear her clash with Nightwing.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Maybe I'm just blind from salt, but all I saw was:
- Shazam's Trait
- Sinestro's shackle
- Flash's special uppercut
- various poofs including a maaaaaaybe smoke parry
- a MB something into an air super that could be a horrible children's toy (inb4 Nerf brand BungeeBitch)

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
I'm guessing from the video that the setup she uses for her super is actually impossible. If you look at the video, she does a MB of the hanging move, then she performs her super. This would only be possible in Training Mode, with the meter turned on max at all times.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Maybe I'm just blind from salt, but all I saw was:
- Shazam's Trait
- Sinestro's shackle
- Flash's special uppercut
- various poofs including a maaaaaaybe smoke parry
- a MB something into an air super that could be a horrible children's toy (inb4 Nerf brand BungeeBitch)
She has a lot of nifty tools. A lot of them seem recycled, but the implementation looks slightly different. :16Bit

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Watched this with a friend of mine at work. He plays the game with his kids a bit, his reaction: WTF they're making her better than Batmand? I LOL'd.

The way I see it is that Batgirl has all of these gadgets to make up for the fact that she's not as physically strong as Batman.

Also, anyone been able to ID her voice? I'm pretty sure it's not the same woman that voiced Oracle in the Arkham games.