What's new

Match-up Discussion Batgirl matchup help.

Moiravus

Noob
I'm having a really hard time with this matchup and any help would be appreciated. I find it really hard to punish any of her wake up attacks, armor f3 just seems to go over cartwheel most of the time. And if they sit full screen and alternate between projectiles and the wire move I have a really hard time getting in. I am really struggling to beat any batgirls, so any advice is welcome.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I know how you feel bud. I played Quick Eel's batgirl and he was one annoying soandso, but I think I know a few things about this match up.

For her wake ups, to avoid that wicked cartwheel simply jump over her or neutral jump. You can do this until she catches on and tries smoke bombing on wakeup instead, which is really what you want to get a Batgirl to do, considering how punishable that is and the potential damage you can do.
For the keep away and teleports. I find BatGirls usually go for the teleport after you block and dash 2 of her projectiles. Block and punish it.

I hope I helped ;)

If you neutral jump my wake up ill df2 mb for full combo into vortex, same as crossover if I read that. Plus cartwheel hits you surprisinhly high out of the air. I can even teleport onbreaction to your jump. Jumping at all is generally a bad idea agsinst her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Moiravus

Noob
I know how you feel bud. I played Quick Eel's batgirl and he was one annoying soandso, but I think I know a few things about this match up.

For her wake ups, to avoid that wicked cartwheel simply jump over her or neutral jump. You can do this until she catches on and tries smoke bombing on wakeup instead, which is really what you want to get a Batgirl to do, considering how punishable that is and the potential damage you can do.
For the keep away and teleports. I find BatGirls usually go for the teleport after you block and dash 2 of her projectiles. Block and punish it.

I hope I helped ;)
Yeah you're definitely right about wanting to bait out the teleport, but the unhelpful gentleman below you was right, the wake up cartwheel beats neutral jumps and back jumps on wakeup most of the time. Sometimes it trades which is ok I guess, the only thing I have been able to do is just outrange the cartwheel but thats really hard right after a knockdown.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
I was practicing punishing her wake-ups the other day, this is what I found:

After a hard knockdown (which should be always)
Crouch right next to her and wait...

If she does Bat-Wheel

If she does Flying Bat (Uppercut)
Block and full combo punish :D

Hope that helps!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I was practicing punishing her wake-ups the other day, this is what I found:

After a hard knockdown (which should be always)
Crouch right next to her and wait...

If she does Bat-Wheel

If she does Flying Bat (Uppercut)
Block and full combo punish :D

Hope that helps!
This is useful stuff! However, is that d2 on reaction? Or is it predicting a cartwheel and acting accordingly?

Be wary. If I see someone walk up and crouch next to me as a batgirl main I'll wake up with bat evade and either MB for vortex, stomp on your head, or run away like a little biatch across the top of the screen (particularly if I'm cornered).

Jumping in on batgirl is in general a really bad idea. You will get teleport punished. On wake up, if I see someone neutral jump, I'll use df2(MB) into a vortex. You've kinda just gotta respect her wake up.

As for her projectiles, they shouldn't be giving you too much trouble. You can phase through each of them (bola especially) cancel into trait and punish with a running man combo. Batgirl's batarangs are a high and as Flash's forward dash lowers his hitbox a bit, you can actually dash through them if you time it correctly. You do have to approach her though. As a batgirl, I'm not gonna just chuck projectiles at you, I'm gonna dash cancel my bolas from a distance and build all my meter, mixing up batarangs and bolas at different times (to catch poorly timed jumps) up until you decide to move and which point I'll react accordingly.

Against someone who knows the match up, lighting charge is nigh useless. Non MB, I'll punish with b12 into vortex, MB, I'll duck the second hit and d2 you out into vortex. Be careful about throwing this move out. The same goes for sonic pound combos on block. I can hit you out into vortex using df2 so lightning kick is usually the better option.

Up close, batgirl's main weakness is d1s. Her d1 is a shitty mcshit 8 frames (even though she can jail it into bf3 which is +1). Off the top of my head I can't remember Flash's d1's block advantage but if it's -1 feel free to chuck that out (although be careful about knowledgable batgirl's throwing out reversal df2 [6 frames])

Batgirl is a small hitbox character and as such causes quite a few of Flash's janky mids to whiff. If the batgirl knows the matchup, they'll duck b22f3 and punish with a vortex if you try and use that.

For stage selection, avoid stages with lots of interactables as she will use them and punish you for using them. Avoid the following stages:

- Ferris Aircraft
- Hall of Justice (Plaza outside)
- Wayne Manor (Outside)
- Watch Tower
- Gotham (Alley)
- Metropolis (outside)

On stages with bomb interactables, batgirl gets a free smoke bomb into vortex if the bomb hits. And on stages with infinite corner bombs (ie Wayne Manor outside) she gets a sort of intreractable loop reset. Ferris is (imo) by far her best stage.

For Flash, the best stage to take her would probably be Atlantis as they get basically the same advantages and Flash can phase through the water spouts while batgirl can't (although if she times it exactly right she can d3 to lower her hitbox enough to avoid the stream at certain distances).

Anyways, I hope I helped :).

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
This is useful stuff! However, is that d2 on reaction? Or is it predicting a cartwheel and acting accordingly?

Be wary. If I see someone walk up and crouch next to me as a batgirl main I'll wake up with bat evade and either MB for vortex, stomp on your head, or run away like a little biatch across the top of the screen (particularly if I'm cornered).

Jumping in on batgirl is in general a really bad idea. You will get teleport punished. On wake up, if I see someone neutral jump, I'll use df2(MB) into a vortex. You've kinda just gotta respect her wake up.

Hmmm, thanks for the input. I'm gonna try some more stuff later this weekend and I'll post what I come up with :)

And yeah, it's supposed to be on reaction lol. I've only practiced it in training mode so far. There's only one Batgirl player I've played so far and he has a love affair with wake-up bat-wheel and it was pretty frustrating having to respect it so much haha.

Reactions: VOR

Moiravus

Noob
Anyways, I hope I helped :).
Yeah really helpful post thanks.
and i'm definitely going to practice that d2 on cartwheel wakeup, if I can stuff that consistently it's like a whole new ballgame

VOR

Noob
Hmmm, thanks for the input. I'm gonna try some more stuff later this weekend and I'll post what I come up with :)

And yeah, it's supposed to be on reaction lol. I've only practiced it in training mode so far. There's only one Batgirl player I've played so far and he has a love affair with wake-up bat-wheel and it was pretty frustrating having to respect it so much haha.

Uses Flash, thinks another characters wu attacks are frustrating....lol

VOR

Noob
That should be a meme!

Haha, at least my wakeups can be punished on block. I'd consider Lighting Cage and Bat-Wheel way more annoying ;)
Yeah, you're pretty much forced to block against batgirl and flash, almost anywhere on the screen. Right outside bat wheel range is where you should be against batgirl anyways. Or try something like in your vid, with a stricter timing. Just gotta find her deadzones. Not in bat wheel range and definitely not in the air. I wonder how well flash's d2 works on other wake ups. 0 on block too....

Oops, removed previous post :p. On a side note you can jump the batwheel if you do not attack and punish as well :p. But yeah I do not know how to approach this matchup without going full offense at the moment.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Oops, removed previous post :p. On a side note you can jump the batwheel if you do not attack and punish as well :p. But yeah I do not know how to approach this matchup without going full offense at the moment.
Haha no worries :). The problem with jumping is if the batgirl reads it she'll df2 MB into vortex.