What's new

Match-up Discussion Batgirl, all match-ups

Anyone have any answers on how to respond to Aquaman's DF1? I can block it just fine, I can't really punish, it puts you just out of range of sweep.
DF is the Trident Rush (stabby moves), just to clarify right?

Why are you trying sweep? Batgirls sweep is balls (cept the low profile)

It's listed as -11

If his last stab whiffs (happens when you're crouching sometimes), he's minus a million and you can just cartwheel or whatever.

If not, i'm not even sure if it's possible, but try reversal flying bat. At 6 frames and with good horizontal distance, it's BG's best punisher. Obviously unsafe as hell if you miss though.

Trixdee

Noob
Hey guys,

Is Nightwing a particularly tough/bad matchup for Batgirl? I have played my cousin many games lately and I cannot seem to get many wins at all. His Nightwing just shreds me over and over, no matter how patient or smarter I try to play. Is Nightwing just a bad matchup for her?

Basically what he shreds me with is those long range staff moves, that staff high/low poking in the corners, and the Flying Grayson. Anything that I cannot figure how to block right, he will steamroll me with staff combos.

He is on his high horse right now because he's pretty much destroyed me 90% of the time.
:(

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hey guys,

Is Nightwing a particularly tough/bad matchup for Batgirl? I have played my cousin many games lately and I cannot seem to get many wins at all. His Nightwing just shreds me over and over, no matter how patient or smarter I try to play. Is Nightwing just a bad matchup for her?

He is on his high horse right now because he's pretty much destroyed me 90% of the time.

:(
Yes, Nightwing is one of the two match ups I use a counter pick for. The Batgirl-Nightwing matchup is 4-6 (nw's favour) at best. His staff stance shuts down all her options. If he didn't have staff stance and only used escrima, then this would be a fairly even matchup, maybe even in batgirl's favour. However, staff stance shuts down all her options. She can't zone because ground pound. She can't jump because flying grayson. When she gets near she can't initiate offense because d1. He has an option for every approach she has. He can just sit ducking at full screen chucking out ground pounds and there isn't much you can do but hope he mistimes one and you get to teleport punish him.

If it's really bothering you, take him to Ferris Aircraft and camp in either the right hand or left hand corner. In the right hand corner, you have infinite missles to abuse which staff night wing can't jump over. In the left hand corner, there's a swinging pendulum which (if it hits) you can smoke bomb into vortex.

Durango

Enhancer
Any way to deal with Catwoman? Her moves are all safe on block (can't B1 her) and she out-zones Batgirl in the worst ways possible, from her dash to her whip.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Any way to deal with Catwoman? Her moves are all safe on block (can't B1 her) and she out-zones Batgirl in the worst ways possible, from her dash to her whip.
I don't find catwoman that hard. Don't let her jump, you have teleport. Don't let her anti air your jumps, you have teleport. MB batarangs beats catdash iirc. d1 is your punisher not b1. If they're standing 1 will also work.

Durango

Enhancer
Superman is a HUGE pain to deal with. He doesn't bait teleports a lot, but his rushdowns are hell. I can't keep up at all, even if I use wakeup cartwheels.

Durango

Enhancer
Batgirl mirrors are a pain. You block a teleport, can you B12 on block before she can somersault you?

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Played an aquaman in tournament the other day, its definitely an un-winnable match up. First off, aquamans normals can keep us out, his range is a bit better, meaning we can only go for a b1 since it has the longest range, which is an easy duck block, and has no follow up pressure - unless i know they try to counter poke then i will go for Flying Bat (can be risky but it sure beats ALOT of counter poke attempts with its 6f start up.) but i do this against anyone. All that does it stop them from counter poking, still neutral.

Second - when we do actually manage to get him in the vortex, he will simply trait and he is out of it. Batgirl without vortex is crap, she has very little damage (unless in the corner) and she doesnt have any block strings to carry on pressure.

This match up...you need someone else to fight him because batgirl wont cut it.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Played an aquaman in tournament the other day, its definitely an un-winnable match up. First off, aquamans normals can keep us out, his range is a bit better, meaning we can only go for a b1 since it has the longest range, which is an easy duck block, and has no follow up pressure - unless i know they try to counter poke then i will go for Flying Bat (can be risky but it sure beats ALOT of counter poke attempts with its 6f start up.) but i do this against anyone. All that does it stop them from counter poking, still neutral.

Second - when we do actually manage to get him in the vortex, he will simply trait and he is out of it. Batgirl without vortex is crap, she has very little damage (unless in the corner) and she doesnt have any block strings to carry on pressure.

Aparantly it's not unwinnable, although I've yet to win against any decent aquaman. It's definitely her worst match up though. Go for the b3 from bola instead of vortex cause he'll trait out of it. Or grab him instead. Once trait is out pressure.

Always go for damage, not vortex. 1 hit launchers beat trait. That means the following combos;

b2u3, ji2, f23~df2 (MB), 212~db2u (42%)
b12, f23~df2 (MB), 212, db2u (38%)
b2u3, b2u3, ji2, f212~db2u (36%) meterless
b12, b2u3, d2~bf1, dash, b3, ji2, 212~db2u (31%) meterless

d2~bf1, dash, b3, ji3, 212~db2u (24%) 1 hit launcher meterless
df2 (MB), f212~db2u (28%) 1 hit launcher
f3, ji2, f212~db2u (31%) 1 hit launcher
f3, f23, f23, f23~db2u (43%) 1 hit launcher meterless corner (although you'll prolly MB the f3)
df2 (MB), f23, f23, f23~db2u (47%) 1 hit launcher corner
f3, f23, f23, f23~df2 (MB), f23~db2u (52%) 1 hit launcher corner

When he does scoop, dash up and df2 to punish; MB for a combo. Same with trident rush, duck the last hit and punish.

If the aquaman traits too early (ie when they're in the bola) dash forward and wait for them to break out, the continue the vortex with either starter.
But in all seriousness, I just use a secondary. I'm trialing WoWo and Frost because for babs, the aqua MU is (IMO) a 7-3 at best (although I keep hearing it's a 6-4 lol).

Durango

Enhancer
Raven is really deadly. I fought KeyWestBoi and just barely managed to beat him in first to 3. She has a screenwide telekinetic lift, crossups from hell, and the player in general is good at baiting. But most of all, I was trying to initiate a clash during her telekinetic MB slams and holds, but couldn't. Why is this?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
What do you batgirl mains think of Gl vs batgirl? 4-6 batgirl what I think. Some gl players say it is as bad as 7-3 batgirl dominating. Thoughts?

What do you batgirl mains think of Gl vs batgirl? 4-6 batgirl what I think. Some gl players say it is as bad as 7-3 batgirl dominating. Thoughts?

I think BG wins 6-4... BUUUUUT.

GL's B1 is a huge problem. It's pretty much superman's F2... but hits low.

It beats and outranges everything she has.

However, it's -4 if he does B13, so use that to start your offense.

If he does B12... you have to interrupt that with d1 or flying bat.

His zoning isn't a problem, but watch out for LM plucking you out of dashes.

Durango

Enhancer
How do you deal with Green Arrow? His low-shot, low-shot is safe on block. You can't punish it. He has a low-overhead-low-overhead, or some kind of similar combo. Anyway, I can't even get near as a result.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
What counter move? When you do cartwheel does it say wakeup attack in the corner? It should beat every option KF has. Like I said I main Killer Frost and I would be shocked if this guy is better than I am with her. Not trying to sound arrogant.
Mind if I add you Ribbz I need a good frost to grind out BG and HG matches with?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme

karnage you lazy bastard! Quit complaining and learn the match up u scrub,lol.when are u next getting online? I want to grind some more killer frost/batgirl matches.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
hahaha i know man!! its bad, i do better with green arrow though! im just on splinter cell at the mo m8 ill have some games soon if you want?? im happy to grind some frost out

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
hahaha i know man!! its bad, i do better with green arrow though! im just on splinter cell at the mo m8 ill have some games soon if you want?? im happy to grind some frost out
yeah that'd be cool,I play abit of aqua too so we can grind that out aswell if u want?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
yeah that'd be cool,I play abit of aqua too so we can grind that out aswell if u want?
Do you guys play on PSN, I'm looking for some good players to grind matches with quite a bit AM is definately one my most hated, I know how to deal with him using HG, but I need to learn tha match-up with BG as well.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Do you guys play on PSN, I'm looking for some good players to grind matches with quite a bit AM is definately one my most hated, I know how to deal with him using HG, but I need to learn tha match-up with BG as well.
ah man,unfortunetly not dude I'm on Xbox.im not sure if karnage is on
Psn aswell though.tbh I'm far from good anyway lol.