What's new

Match-up Discussion Batgirl, all match-ups

TMD|Driver

What? AH ZONE THIS!
Lets get this started since she is a contender. Doomsday, Bane, Batman, etc. How to deal with top tier characters and what to do in situations that allow batgirl to counter and full punish. Here we should all discuss what to do on the most commonly used moves that everyone gets in on, ex: GL's b1 starter string into trait cancel. These things should be addressed to be the best possible player with batgirl. Lets hear all the feedback and what really throws you guys off to figure out what the best thing to do is with all those characters you have the most trouble with.

Something that really threw me off was against Grundy. I had an issue dealing with his corpse setup on a hard knockdown. I tried wakeup Batwheel and Flying bat but sometimes the flying bat wouldn't come out and batwheel gets punished. I've had an increase in success with wakeup db3-3 because he's in perfect range if it whiffs, and it generally seems o make the throw whiff anyway. I'm wondering ifthis is the right way to approach his knockdown options or is there something else I should do?

You got punished for batwheel? Lol batwheel is so spammmable and youl almost never be punished. The low one is virtually unpunishable besides for like superman super or whatever since I think it pushes out too far to punish with fast stand 1s. Either way its entirely spammable

Free 50/50 mixups evrytime you get knocked down 0_0

You can wakeup with db3????

You got punished for batwheel? Lol batwheel is so spammmable and youl almost never be punished. The low one is virtually unpunishable besides for like superman super or whatever since I think it pushes out too far to punish with fast stand 1s. Either way its entirely spammable

Free 50/50 mixups evrytime you get knocked down 0_0

You can wakeup with db3????
I think the situation I was in was his hard knockdown setup and basically used mb cirpse on my wakeup. I did wakeup batwheel and he still grabbed right before her low would come out due to his armor. As far wakeup db3 it seemed to work if I saw him coming in for the grab. I think it made the throw whiff because of her airborne state. I'll test it and see if I can elaborate more on what I'm experiencing.
Edit: jailhouse, I'll throw up a video in a bit of what I'm talkong about. Just don't flame me too bad if it doesn't make sense lol. I'm just curious about this setup and why I haven't been able to deal with it. Only been playing this game for about 3 weeks or so an my knowledge is lacking

This is very conceptual and I'm not very knowledgable about the game yet, however, this is the problem I've been running into. Excuse the umms lol. It wasn't rehearsed and I kind of just did it on the fly while trying to maintain the camera. Please feel free to correct anything you guys think I'm doing wrong in this situation. I've tried jumping out of it, backdashing, and the other options I've showed. However, bat evade seems to be the only consistent thing I can do to get out of these "types" of setups and not just this particular setup. Thanks in advance for your input guys.

Maniak

Nightwing & Batgirl
against Bane charge spam. Obviously you can smoke bomb to get out of the way. Bane can be punished as well. I am using at close range, bat evade 1. then immediate smoke bomb. Meter burn if you want to spend a bar to combo him.

I noticed batgirls df2 trades with doomsday dive spam. not sure what use its for since dashing is the better option? Also noticed with the right timing bat evade delayed 3 avoids the duve and straightup punishes the dive with her divekick. just wanted to share with the community. Will post more after testing solutions to other spam.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
against Bane charge spam. Obviously you can smoke bomb to get out of the way. Bane can be punished as well. I am using at close range, bat evade 1. then immediate smoke bomb. Meter burn if you want to spend a bar to combo him
Are you actually considering fighting a good Bane or just think they all spam? Bane will only"spam" charges if you spam teleport or protjectiles. Otherwise, it's an even fight where both have to get in close for real damage. IMO Bane wins 6-4

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Are you actually considering fighting a good Bane or just think they all spam? Bane will only"spam" charges if you spam teleport or protjectiles. Otherwise, it's an even fight where both have to get in close for real damage. IMO Bane wins 6-4
I think it's all about who gets the momentum first. I've been shut down by her and shut her down hard as well. And yeah lol at everyone thinking Banes just charge all day.

Maniak

Nightwing & Batgirl
oh i totally agree good players wont spam. just giving a way to punish it. I have seen many people try these tactics online. lol

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
oh i totally agree good players wont spam. just giving a way to punish it. I have seen many people try these tactics online. lol
Well, yeah, but w/that logic, I fight online batgirls who spam projectile and teleport, and if I have armor on, I eat both alive. Yet, a good batgirl will not do such silly things randomly or they will eat damage. Bane is one of the few chars she can't bully

Maniak

Nightwing & Batgirl
no sorry i didnt clarify myself not trying to affend good players. good players dont spam but for every good player there are twice as many who do spam. Armored moves are good stuff. batgirl smoke bomb spam is super unsafe though. its a bad idea to spam that. I did give a easy punish if someone decides to charge. just trying to bounce ideas off of people who probably have more time than me to come up with better stuff.

Hey I was wondering if you guys think Babs has any bad matchups? So far, I've had a bit of trouble with Doomsday, Aquaman, and one very patient Wonder Woman, but I don't know if those are matchup issues or just issues with me.

Maniak

Nightwing & Batgirl
Aquaman is very good! I tend to use my Nightwing against him but Aquamen who ground trident alot get caught by smoke bomb alot. You spam I spam. :)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I know that
If you read the charge you can dd3 and youl both whiff but you can dd3 again and get him before he reocvers
Yes, that is correct. Only reason I'm saying 6-4 is because I feel Batgirl has to work harder for damage in this match than I do. She has to fight Bane up close and cannot zone him out and Bane excels at fighting up close, plus he's one of the highest hitting chars in the game (if played right). Batgirl for sure is an overall better char, no question just don't think she wins this matchup vs a good Bane

Sasuga

Noob
Doomsday; DD3 punishes his meteor move. You can grab him out of the air before even hitting the ground.