What's new

Breakthrough Baraka's toasty boost input found

AssassiN

Noob
Quick question, can Dan pop up when reseted an opponent(Smoke, Cyrax, ...)?
Gonna be funny to see people struggle to choose between damage or meter.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Quick question, can Dan pop up when reseted an opponent(Smoke, Cyrax, ...)?
Gonna be funny to see people struggle to choose between damage or meter.
dan pops up from uppercut so if the combo has a d2 in it theres a chance,
there are apparently a few combo strings that can make dan appear. like kabals b121 but besides that i dont think smoke/cyrax can do it,
would be best to ask a smoke/cyrax player though

1man3letters

Did you discover it? If so, then mad props for the discovery...Never would have guessed since it was noted that no character has had any Up inputs until now.
emm thats not a easy questions to answer...
tony t started a toasty boost thread
check/seapeople/konqrr/rip torn found and worked on a pattern in different groups of chars
moe30w found the uud pattern of barakas group
i was just the person to confirm it was uud3 after getting the boost

alot of other kommunity members helped in project toasty boost also,nearly all char are complete now :D

1man3letters

ok just did a toasty boost combo there with baraka, ive asked some of the people who have been recording other toasty boosts to try re-create this on film as i have no means to but just thought id post the method of it here anyway

did it on radien, sheeva might make it easier but it went like this if opponent is jumping at max height of jump d2 to get the reverse uppercut and catch them out of air with chop chop,enter toasty boost inputs during chop chop,then d1 into xray.

so it should look like this d2,bb1,uud3,d1~xray

i did this midscreen so there is the possibility of even more damage if you could get the reverse uppercut to have chop facing the corner and then 4 could replace the d1 (d2,bb1,uud3,4~xray)
or even d4 at midscreen although 4/d4 increases chance of xray whiffing

if anyone else could help in getting this on film or even confirm other toasty boost combos that would be heplfull