What's new

Tech Bane's Frame Traps

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He certainly does. When you're getting zoned to hell and then blown up at close range because the fastest string starter Bane has that hits mid is 12 frames, you'll start to really appreciate the +12 and +5/4 you get when you tag someone with a d1 or b23/b21.

Double punch is very mashable in the neutral because of it's speed, range and armor but it does ass damage and if they quick stand, you don't really get a mixup. And it's -5 on block so (assuming you're juiced) you can't really follow up with anything except another double punch or body press.
So what? You mean he actually has to work to get in...?

Double punch will carry to the corner, if they backdash it then they can't punish it. It's not meant to be used for damage but for utility.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I know, and that's exactly what I use double punch for; it's almost always buffered into my d1 and meaty d1 xx double punch / body press is one of, if not the safest and most reliable things you can do on an opponent's wake up. But the damage IS bad, and Bane doesn't get many chances to get in. So, if I tag someone with a d1, I'd much rather frame trap with b23/b21 than try and armor through whatever they try. For one, if you hit you obviously get much more damage. However, if it's blocked, you get another frame trap after b23/b21. If they block double punch, you don't get shit.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I know, and that's exactly what I use double punch for; it's almost always buffered into my d1 and meaty d1 xx double punch / body press is one of, if not the safest and most reliable things you can do on an opponent's wake up. But the damage IS bad, and Bane doesn't get many chances to get in. So, if I tag someone with a d1, I'd much rather frame trap with b23/b21 than try and armor through whatever they try. For one, if you hit you obviously get much more damage. However, if it's blocked, you get another frame trap after b23/b21. If they block double punch, you don't get shit.
You get a double punch infinite out of which they must wait for venom to run out or backdash themselves in the corner which you can also predict and punish.

And double punch does chip.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Can't you get thrown out of that..? And somehow, I just don't think that's as rewarding as going for the frame trap after a hit d1. You can still get the double punch pressure after the trap, too. If you land a d1 and didn't buffer into double punch/body press, there's really no reason not to go for b23/b21.

Maybe this has been said already.

When you're using D1, if you press d1 every time instead of holding D and pressing 1, you can leave out the D from any special you cancel into. So you can press D1BF3 for d1 into command grab or D1B2 for d1 into venom upper.