What's new

Tech Bane's Frame Traps

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
What exactly are the frame traps Bane has that I'm reading about on here? I might be doing them already without realizing.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Frame traps, first off do you know what a frame trap is in the first place?
Yea, moves that leave you at advantage on block, then punishing when they retaliate to them.

I was just asking what moves you guys are using to get these traps.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yea, moves that leave you at advantage on block, then punishing when they retaliate to them.

I was just asking what moves you guys are using to get these traps.
Its not just that, but using moves that are + on block to keep pressure by making our other moves easier to land. The best example is b.1 which to my knowledge is +17 on block, and cancelling it into almost anything or following with a d.1, 2, or the like.

d.1 provides a few traps being its like +7 on hit or something

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Its not just that, but using moves that are + on block to keep pressure by making our other moves easier to land. The best example is b.1 which to my knowledge is +17 on block, and cancelling it into almost anything or following with a d.1, 2, or the like.

d.1 provides a few traps being its like +7 on hit or something
I thought it was +12.

Best frame trap that solves all bad match-ups: B23 quit

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It is +12, I forgot lol.
Also b.23 quit gives them time to dash away and be a dash ahead at all times.

It is +12, I forgot lol.
Also b.23 quit gives them time to dash away and be a dash ahead at all times.
b23 catches a lot of dashes at the end of their animation. Superman for sure, Grundy and Lobo I think... I forget. There are more I'm sure. The 2 whiffs and the 3 catches them. If they dash you can cancel into a double punch to catch others if they are a bit farther than the 3. I need to practice more making the read because you have to input it as soon as the b2 comes out.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
b23 catches a lot of dashes at the end of their animation. Superman for sure, Grundy and Lobo I think... I forget. There are more I'm sure. The 2 whiffs and the 3 catches them. If they dash you can cancel into a double punch to catch others if they are a bit farther than the 3. I need to practice more making the read because you have to input it as soon as the b2 comes out.
I still don't like it, I know it works on supes because his backdash is kinda butt, but against people like arrow they get like half a screen of distance and start loading up shenanigans. I still prefer the b.1 ticks on block.

They can't back dash b1 but they can back dash b2? They are 1 frame difference. B1 is 17 and B2 is 18. I can't figure out how to test dashes in trainer.

B23 also catches jump outs.

Edit: And it came to me - I should record Bane and then play as the other guy... I'm a moron lol

Edit2: And I have no clue what I was talking about before. You can't cancel into a special unless you actually hit something lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
They can't back dash b1 but they can back dash b2? They are 1 frame difference. B1 is 17 and B2 is 18. I can't figure out how to test dashes in trainer.

B23 also catches jump outs.

Edit: And it came to me - I should record Bane and then play as the other guy... I'm a moron lol
They can, but usually they won't and you have time to chase them with a dash because of how much advantage you get out of it. Not to mention you can toss out a d.1 and catch a suprising amount of people out of their backdash.

Green Arrow has to double dash to get out of b23. A single dash and he gets caught. His dash isn't what the problem is. It's his wakeup where he jumps back and shoots the arrow into the ground. I usually charge a lot on wake up vs Green Arrow.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Green Arrow has to double dash to get out of b23. A single dash and he gets caught. His dash isn't what the problem is. It's his wakeup where he jumps back and shoots the arrow into the ground. I usually charge a lot on wake up vs Green Arrow.
btw did you test that grundy stuff?

btw did you test that grundy stuff?
Yea, I did. It works. I have yet to play a competent Grundy to test it on. I played some bad ones and they never even used WC or Armored trait on wake up, so yea...

It just sucks that you're basically stuck spamming b1 into double punch over and over on knockdowns. You can't command grab on block or hit. You can't link command grab on b112 if they block.

Actually I guess you can link Command grab off b11 if they block, but then again, you'll get grabbed if you do b11 and not b1 double punch.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yea, I did. It works. I have yet to play a competent Grundy to test it on. I played some bad ones and they never even used WC or Armored trait on wake up, so yea...

It just sucks that you're basically stuck spamming b1 into double punch over and over on knockdowns. You can't command grab on block or hit. You can't link command grab on b112 if they block.

Actually I guess you can link Command grab off b11 if they block, but then again, you'll get grabbed if you do b11 and not b1 double punch.
Gotta work that yomi game to make them choose an option, then abuse their response.

There is nothing to work on. You mix it up and you sometimes get blown up. That's what sucks about wakeup attacks that lots of characters have. They can go into a full combo off them. It's all a guessing game. If they guess right they can do massive damage off the ground. Personally, I think that's kind of stupid.

It pisses me off that Lobo is going combo crazy off his mb command grab. We should have shit like that. Its that meter and special debate again.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Look on the bright side, our command grab deals a ton of damage with Venom and we can throw them to the corner with the meter burn.

So, we're looking for moves that leave us at advantage to throw the Body Press?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Bane doesn't need frametraps when he can just armour through.
He certainly does. When you're getting zoned to hell and then blown up at close range because the fastest string starter Bane has that hits mid is 12 frames, you'll start to really appreciate the +12 and +5/4 you get when you tag someone with a d1 or b23/b21.

Double punch is very mashable in the neutral because of it's speed, range and armor but it does ass damage and if they quick stand, you don't really get a mixup. And it's -5 on block so (assuming you're juiced) you can't really follow up with anything except another double punch or body press.