What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's first dominate match-up? (Vs Scorpion)

jfunkey

Noob
If you know that Scorpion is gonna teleport you can neutral jump body splash and it'll hit him and you get a full combo. But if he does flame kick instead you get hit. One of the big problems with this matchup is he can flame kick on wakeup and we either trade with an armor double punch or venom uppercut or we block it and he gets out for free.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Bane blows up Scorpions wakeups free and without venom.

Neutral Jump Body Splash on Scorps wakeup:
vs TelePunch = Full Combo
vs Takedown = Full Combo or at least safe
vs Spear = safe
vs Hellfire = safe
vs Flip Kick = can still hit you, but just space yourself correctly and its no issue
vs Wakeup Super = Full Combo (reversed inputs)

Edit : jfunkey - I had no idea you beat me to the punch, kudos bro.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Teleport whifs now on crouch with it being a high so is our punish window smaller now that it whifs?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Teleport whifs now on crouch with it being a high so is our punish window smaller now that it whifs?
Not really, no. Not unless you have really really slow hands. We can go from a crouch to b.2 faster than he can recover from a whiff. Even if we couldn't, its a free grab/command grab/upper/double punch/d.2 b.23 reset/d.1 frame trap set-up/sweep/super

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Pretty much, on whiff we had time to do a jump back/ neutral splash and you know how long it takes for US to jump in general.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Man, Scorpion seems kinda hard. And that hotfix definitely made his teleport harder to deal with.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
You goofballs have names for combos and option selects now? Whens the EMP combos?

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Aug tech makes teleport useless, we don't even need to use venom half the time.
Scorp has faster d.1s and we don't have to respect half of Ares's stuff. The axe is the only thing, everything else is just block and dash.
The aug tech?

Edit: Just looked through the thread. So basically you time d1 and it will autocorrect if he teleports?