What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's first dominate match-up? (Vs Scorpion)

Hey guys ok so I feel that Scorpion may actually be Bane's easiest match to fight. We all know Scorpion lacks up close at pointblank and has bad 50/50s that are easily fuzzy guardable so he is essentially no threat to Bane Up close. Bane on the flip side is monster up close against characters like Scorpion who turn into flies we can squash when we get in.

Scorp cant really zone Bane and keep him away because after a few hellfires (that you can easily forward dash to avoid) you get in his face and he has to combat you up close. Spear is super unsafe on block and whiff so if he uses this think of it as a free ticket of getting in.

Bane owns Scorpion on wake up thanks to Venom armor which goes through all his wake ups AND it stuffs his teleport since it has no wake-up invincblity FRAMES so he has to sit there and duck and take our command grab mix ups and pressure.

I honestly feel this is one of the easiest matches I fought with Bane over the past month. All Scorpions start to break into bad habits when they get impatient and THIS IS WHEN THEY START trying to spam teleports. Just block and do easy punish while he's spinning in air.

What do you guys think of Bane vs this guy?

I have it 6-4 but it feels better possibly 7-3 if played at highest since Scorpion just CANT keep Bane away from him and he's forced to deal with him up close where Scorp lacks.

-----------
Mod Edit:
Thread will remain until the hot topic dies down. By then, it'll be merged with the main MU discussion thread.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Flip kick, 6 frame lows, so on so forth.
and we dominate Ares with a 7-3 or worse so this is far from our "first dominating MU"

Flip kick, 6 frame lows, so on so forth.
and we dominate Ares with a 7-3 or worse so this is far from our "first dominating MU"
I dont see how Ares is easier to beat then Scorpion. Ares has full invincble wake up with teleport that you can't stuff with Venom antics like you can vs Scorpion. Ares zoning is also better then Scorpion due to his annoying fireballs, EX fireballs, and Trait weaposn that you have to respect. Oh and Ares also has that annoying D1 players like to spam that randomly goes under things and makes him harder to hit

I agree Bane beats Ares but it's not as easy as the Scorpion one. At least Imo

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I dont see how Ares is easier to beat then Scorpion. Ares has full invincble wake up with teleport that you can't stuff with Venom antics like you can vs Scorpion. Ares zoning is also better then Scorpion due to his annoying fireballs, EX fireballs, and Trait weaposn that you have to respect. Oh and Ares also has that annoying D1 players like to spam that randomly goes under things and makes him harder to hit

I agree Bane beats Ares but it's not as easy as the Scorpion one. At least Imo
Aug tech makes teleport useless, we don't even need to use venom half the time.
Scorp has faster d.1s and we don't have to respect half of Ares's stuff. The axe is the only thing, everything else is just block and dash.

Aug tech makes teleport useless, we don't even need to use venom half the time.
Scorp has faster d.1s and we don't have to respect half of Ares's stuff. The axe is the only thing, everything else is just block and dash.
Ares D1 is 6 frames... same as Scorp BUT Ares lowers his hitbox and his d1 leads to 40% combos so its better. TRait sword stalling with down and high is annoying cause he can turtle with that AND EX fireball to get his axe back that he can throw again. Rinse and repeat

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ares D1 is 6 frames... same as Scorp BUT Ares lowers his hitbox and his d1 leads to 40% combos so its better. TRait sword stalling with down and high is annoying cause he can turtle with that AND EX fireball to get his axe back that he can throw again. Rinse and repeat
d.1 leads to nothing since we can interrupt his trait follow-up, which is the only follow-up that allows him to combo.

EX fireball until he gets axe? That's going to happen one time at the most because he can only have up to 4 meters. Once he gets knocked down even one time, we can b.1 everything and he never gets back up. He can't win a fight he can't actually participate in.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
This is 5-5 at best or in Scorpion's favor

-Bane can't just spam Venom Uppercut. If he does, Scorpion will heavily punish him, he hits like a truck and builds meter fast
-Scorpion's vortex is on par w/Batgirl/KF

I really don't think you have faced a good scorpion yet. The online scorpions that spam teleport brainlessly are not a reflection of this matchup

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

-Bane can't just spam Venom Uppercut. If he does, Scorpion will heavily punish him, he hits like a truck and builds meter fast

I really don't think you have faced a good scorpion yet. The online scorpions that spam teleport brainlessly are not a reflection of this matchup
Scorps favor? I dunno about that.
He hits like a pansy, with meter he does about 40% but that's a decent amount of meter spent at that to my knowledge. He has to connect with a certain situation to make the most of it though, and we can stop that situation from occurring somewhat.
I wouldn't go so far as to say batgirl, and he is honestly a worse KF. Much slower and more reactable overheads.

d.1 leads to nothing since we can interrupt his trait follow-up, which is the only follow-up that allows him to combo.

EX fireball until he gets axe? That's going to happen one time at the most because he can only have up to 4 meters. Once he gets knocked down even one time, we can b.1 everything and he never gets back up. He can't win a fight he can't actually participate in.
You cant interrupt d1 axe on hit which is what Im talking about. If it hits you eat 40% so it makes it more dangerous then Scorpions poke and you have to respect it. And I didnt mean randomly spam EX fireballs I mean he can turtle while using one and using his down low and up overhead Sword trait to stall until he gets Axe back

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You cant interrupt d1 axe on hit which is what Im talking about. If it hits you eat 40% so it makes it more dangerous then Scorpions poke and you have to respect it. And I didnt mean randomly spam EX fireballs I mean he can turtle while using one and using his down low and up overhead Sword trait to stall until he gets Axe back
Uh no, because what happens when you don't have the axe? And you can't stall a Bane with sword since its a single-hit. When we get in close, venom double punch and trap him in. One knockdown is a win, and we have plenty of ways of getting it.

No one said you should spam Venom uppercut thats actually one of the worse things you can do. Spamming Venom overhead is better because it's safe on block and on hit it knocks down so you can come in and repeat your pressure over and over which Scorpion has to respect because the armor eats up his wake ups.

Scorpion doesnt hit like a truck either. He needs like 2-3 bars to do over 40% which is pretty meh

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
How is Scorpion GDLK up close? What is he gonna do d1 flip kick you to death and then be at -1? Lol
I didn't say otherwise, we don't know yet, the problem is you're seemingly trying to tell pro-Scorpions how they play this matchup.

Slips would START spamming regular teleports? Yeah, think about that for a second.

Uh no, because what happens when you don't have the axe? And you can't stall a Bane with sword since its a single-hit. When we get in close, venom double punch and trap him in. One knockdown is a win, and we have plenty of ways of getting it.
Im not talking about Ares chucking the straight Sword randomly. I'm talking about Ares planting his straight Sword on Ground or high in the sky that you have to respect as it acts as a obstacle so it builds him some time for getting Axe.

Bane vs Ares 6-4 I already agree Bane wins this match BUT Ares has a easier time keeping Bane out then Scorpion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Im not talking about Ares chucking the straight Sword randomly. I'm talking about Ares planting his straight Sword on Ground or high in the sky that you have to respect as it acts as a obstacle so it builds him some time for getting Axe.

Bane vs Ares 6-4 I already agree Bane wins this match BUT Ares has a easier time keeping Bane out then Scorpion
Why do we have to respect it? He isn't blocking while it is out, and our double punch reaches past it. We can disrespect it all we want.

Bane wins by more than that, and Scorp doesn't have to keep us out. He just has to keep us threatened with risks.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
way too early to tell if this is good or bad, as no one can possibly be a "top level scorpion" after just two days.

also i really need to see this anti wakeup teleport tech you guys are talking about against Ares, i don't quite understand what b1ing him is supposed to do against it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
way too early to tell if this is good or bad, as no one can possibly be a "top level scorpion" after just two days.

also i really need to see this anti wakeup teleport tech you guys are talking about against Ares, i don't quite understand what b1ing him is supposed to do against it.
Basically it leaves him directly in front of you facing the opposite direction. You can do it on wake-up in practice mode and see, its called the Aug Tech. Thought it worked on Shazam, but turns out not so much. Does, however, work exceedingly well on Ares to the point of consistency.

I didn't say otherwise, we don't know yet, the problem is you're seemingly trying to tell pro-Scorpions how they play this matchup.

Slips would START spamming regular teleports? Yeah, think about that for a second.
Because it's obvious info from the start that MOST OF US KNOW that Scorpion struggles vs rushdown chars and lacks up close. Scorpion only destroys zoners pretty bad.

its common knowledge like when every one was saying Lobo had trouble vs some zoners on day 1. Same thing with Scorpion struggling vs rushers or good up close characters.

And who said anything about spamming teleports? Lol?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Basically it leaves him directly in front of you facing the opposite direction. You can do it on wake-up in practice mode and see, its called the Aug Tech. Thought it worked on Shazam, but turns out not so much. Does, however, work exceedingly well on Ares to the point of consistency.
it would really help if anyone could get a video of this, it sounds crucial to Bane against teleporting characters.