What's new

Guide Bane's Beginner-Level Guide by SUPARNOVAX

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly most of it is in the dirty venom thread barring some that's just passed around the watering hole.
Its a great primer.

Bad Genez

Green
Honestly most of it is in the dirty venom thread barring some that's just passed around the watering hole.
Its a great primer.

Yeah true (also being a lurker i've been I've never formally thanked you for posting it, that thread was my haven for quite a while), but that actually required in depth reading and comprehension of the character. Now it's just a starter video lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah true (also being a lurker i've been I've never formally thanked you for posting it, that thread was my haven for quite a while), but that actually required in depth reading and comprehension of the character. Now it's just a starter video lol
To be fair, the video does a phenomenal job of condensing it all. However, as I said "its a good primer". Theres more tech below the surface and more still to be found, and this showcases probably the most practical stuff we have. The rest are more situational junk and set-ups.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
This was intended as an ice breaker for new Bane players and people who may have struggled utilizing him. I felt a video tutorial of some sort would be a lot better than a write up many people may not want to put up with reading. Visual indicators are always a good thing.

My only regret now is I didn't add in another section for knockdown jump pressure and but hey maybe I will slip that into another video another day. I'm kind of more interested in labbing up Zatanna and maybe Zod now that I got this off my chest. Hopefully we see more Bane pop up in the offline scene.

Oh my goooood this was such a great video. Fucking owns. Owns owns owns. Great use of music, got me pumped up to go practice. Also your voice is fine.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
This was intended as an ice breaker for new Bane players and people who may have struggled utilizing him. I felt a video tutorial of some sort would be a lot better than a write up many people may not want to put up with reading. Visual indicators are always a good thing.

My only regret now is I didn't add in another section for knockdown jump pressure and but hey maybe I will slip that into another video another day. I'm kind of more interested in labbing up Zatanna and maybe Zod now that I got this off my chest. Hopefully we see more Bane pop up in the offline scene.
I feel by utilizing the things mentioned in this video anyone can achieve success with bane once they are familiar with match ups, so its perfect for what you intended it to do. Knockdown pressure is half of banes game so if you are up for another video it would be great as a second guide vid. Videos like these are what get people to start playing with some characters they thought weren't that great. Also the d2xxbody press option select is soo goddamn great, did not know he had such an ez cross up set up from that. I would also like someone to test the option select on batgirls cartwheel to see if it works because I dont have her(pleeeeeease).

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I would also like someone to test the option select on batgirls cartwheel to see if it works because I dont have her(pleeeeeease).
No it does not. Habitual cartwheeling is jump back d+3 or backdash. But you will prob only get that once or twice before they read that and tele instead.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
You can venom through cartwheel with DP, but the timing is tough and she has other options that blow that up. IMO, it's too risky to go in on BG on her wakeup. Nothing you can do to her is worth risking getting hit with a full combo into endless 50/50's.

I knew I could d2 into body press on block and I knew I could get the f3/b3 set up on hit, however i DIDN'T know I could throw out the grab just in case and STILL get the set up after.

Nicely done.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Theres three characters this community is severely downplaying. Bane, lex luthor, and ares. Honestly theres not much of a tier difference in this game if you know what your doing.