What's new

Video/Tutorial Bane Video Thread

Casual mains-only tournament @EGP_Krayzie's place yesterday. Some of so-cal's finest in this video; check out the rest of it for some beautiful Catwoman/Flash/Shazam/Batman/Grundy/Arrow/Deathstroke/MMH/Superman/ play!

Recorded stream w/commentary:
http://www.twitch.tv/egp_krayzie/b/467824314

6:46 vs Tyrant (Grundy/1 round casual)
49:00 vs Krayzie (Catwoman)
1:31:00 vs Legend (Arrow)
2:26:20 vs Slayer (Superman)

2:48:00 vs Slayer (Superman)

Front-page thread w/link to youtube:
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/socal-the-dream-edition-tournament-series.38520/

J-Tru91

Noob

These are some first to 3s i had with some friends of mine last night. I have more to upload but they ended up getting me in the runbacks we had later on. ill post those as soon as they are uploaded

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Dropping off another clip of match footage from my nigga WetDoba, this is the later part of a set with sajam(aka steeeeeve)

Two things I would really like to point out here are:

2:25-2:30 he puts the cross up vortex to use for one repetition, then cancels into ring toss to get some space when transitioning to debuff

3:30-3:35 the perfect use of the f2d dash cancel to walk past a zoning game while pressuring the opponent, then using the great anti air properties or f2d3 to close out a match

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
You shouldn't charge at Deathstroke. If you juice to lvl 3, he'll only do pistol shots from full screen as bait and to buy time till debuff, and if you try to charge, you'll get punished every time. I also wouldn't recommend using it on his wakeup either.

You were doing right by trying to punish jump-ins with VU, just have to make those reactions quicker. Also, if you have a good idea that he's gonna do it, then you can air-to-air him with j.2 for a full combo. Good for catching jump-back as well, though you have to exercise some caution with that as DS's j.3 is pretty ridiculous.

You have to do a better job of mixing the opponent up on wakeup. Starting off going in with b.23 was gutsy and showed him that you weren't afraid of his wakeup attacks. And in response, he started doing sword flip. But you never adjusted and I think he hit you every time he went for it. I could tell it was mostly because you were so excited to get a knockdown that you wanted to make it count, but you have to realize that he saw that desperation, and capitalized on it.

Good stuff tho man, keep at it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To begin, level 3 isn't something you should just "do". Bane is a character that thrives on momentum, and nothing gives it up faster than level 3 debuff.
Though if its something you wanna get famous for, then yeah. Go for it. You do well with your Mb b.3 usage.

Also... work on your defense. He is hitting you with really slow cross-ups, basic stuff you should be able to fuzzy. You should never get hit by heat zap standing.

To summarize, work on your venom management. Use less charge from long ranges and work on duck-dashing your way in. If he does a low lazer and you block it low, then buffer a charge and you'll chew right through the overhead hit. If he has trait, just block until its gone. Unless you are about to close off a match or have a decent enough life-lead, try not to hit level 3 because the debuff makes it inherently not worth the cost. If you can just block a few of those you'll be golden. Also, when you're in level 3 try working f.2.d into your skillset. Its monsterous.

Use less b.23, its really slow. Great for set-ups, but you can't neglect d.1xxDP and its ability to provide that set-up. d.2 is another great footsie tool you don't use much, but if you were to incorporate it a bit more and learn its effective ranges you could stop them from catching you off guard.

We should play some sets sometime. I wouldn't mind showing you the power of good spacing and venom management.

Casual mains-only tournament @EGP_Krayzie's place yesterday. Some of so-cal's finest in this video; check out the rest of it for some beautiful Catwoman/Flash/Shazam/Batman/Grundy/Arrow/Deathstroke/MMH/Superman/ play!

Recorded stream w/commentary:
http://www.twitch.tv/egp_krayzie/b/467824314

6:46 vs Tyrant (Grundy/1 round casual)
49:00 vs Krayzie (Catwoman)
1:31:00 vs Legend (Arrow)
2:26:20 vs Slayer (Superman)

2:48:00 vs Slayer (Superman)

Front-page thread w/link to youtube:
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/socal-the-dream-edition-tournament-series.38520/

Nice matches! I noticed a couple of habits that you could probably do without though. Otherwise you Bane is solid

The first habit I saw was your habit of jumping in after venom debuff. A raw jump-in is intrinsically unsafe, especially on venom debuff. You're better off either backdashing away or blocking. Some very good Bane players (like GGA Max) don't jump in on venom debuff, instead they either block or use d1/d2 as a spacing option.

The second habit was consistent wakeups. Being able to apply armor to Bane's wakeups makes you feel invincible on wakeup as it should. But waking up every time you get knocked down regardless of your opponent's position will 1) make you predictable and 2) make you vulnerable to punishes should your wakeups whiff. I'm guilty of habitually waking up and I've lost countless matches because of it.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So here's a big chunk of my matches with @Compbros from the other day. I'm not even posting part one because it's so embarrassing, and it's not totally representative of my Bane (just loads of input errors and all-around scrubbiness...). I've picked up a lot of bad habits from all of the online randoms I play, but I think I'm getting better with meter management and utilizing Bane's footsies. Input errors continue to be an issue but I think that will just get better with practice. One thing I think I was doing wrong in the fights was using Venom to decrease combo damage instead of letting it run out at Level 1 or 2. Anyway, here's Bane vs Catwoman:

Ah, what the hell. Here's the first video if anyone wants to see what a Superman on Bane snuff film would look like: