What's new

Video/Tutorial Bane Video Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
How the hell we don't have one already, I'll never know. However, please post your videos here unless they specifically match the topic you are posting it in. Match-up threads and the like should be more based around one specific match-up instead of showcasing the free-for-alls or lobby fights that are coommon.

chief713
big_aug

Post your stuff here.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Matches against KH Mattix. We played 2 FT5 sets but something went wrong with my recorder during and I only ended up with part of the 2nd set. I lost the 1st set 4-5 and the 2nd 2-5.

I'll start recording my ranked sessions soon and throwing them up here. I am still improving but if it helps showcase.some of what bane can do for those trying to learn the Way of the Fist, I'll do it.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
It is nearly impossiblefor my to do the d2 body press...
Hold down and towards your opponent then press 2 while rolling the stick in a quarter circle backwards, then quickly snap it forward and press 3. This should all be done as one motion. Make sure the stick does a quarter circle away from your opponent and then goes directly forward. If you do anything but completely forward the option select wont come out.

I started playing this character for a day, and let me tell you, this is not an easy character to deal with(playing as him that is) I felt I had my combos and set ups down, but I feel like this character needs something, I'm finding it very difficult to pursue playing bane. They need to buff his venom cool down just a little bit more IMO.

I didn't understand the struggle until today. My hat is off to all you bane mains.

Reactions: Grr
I started playing this character for a day, and let me tell you, this is not an easy character to deal with(playing as him that is) I felt I had my combos and set ups down, but I feel like this character needs something, I'm finding it very difficult to pursue playing bane. They need to buff his venom cool down just a little bit more IMO.

I didn't understand the struggle until today. My hat is off to all you bane mains.

YOU... YOU... Monster. I just played you as Zatanna.. and yeah you were there for that GG. And welcome to the Bane club.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Just imagine what we dealt with pre-patch 1. 9 seconds, double the venom debuff practically, and no dash.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
It is nearly impossiblefor my to do the d2 body press...
With alternate controls set to OFF, do d.2 and then quickly press b.f.3 and it'll come out. Since you're already inputting 'down' when you do d.2, just doing b.f.3 will give you the body press. You must do it relatively quickly but after a few tries in training it'll be easy. Can you do d.1 xx double punch? It's the same motion, except with d.2 instead of d.1 and b.f.3 instead of b.f.2.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I personally do df+2, B, F+3 for that

It should not be difficult to achieve that on a square gate stick. I'm on an octogate Korean stick, so if I can do it everybody else should be able to :p

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Part 1 and 2 of a three part series below. Videos show gameplay footage from a private king of the hill lobby alongside Grr, MILE_HIGH_CLUB, prycemonsta and others. This was my first game in at least a month or two so you'll see me struggling a little bit. The guys in the lobby are all really good so props to them.

I apologize if the video stutters or glitches from time to time; my PVR was not functioning correctly that day.

Part 1

Part 2

Be sure to check out my channel for more!-http://www.youtube.com/apostrophise

@Grr
@MILE_HIGH_CLUB
@prycemonsta

One of my postings went front page check it out!
http://testyourmight.com/threads/combo-compilations-for-entire-roster-by-mile_high_club-and-epitomical.37551/

Well my computer crashed. Hard. So it will be a bit till I have the time to fix it. I will get some more video up after.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body

This is more footage from that nigga wetdoba! I havent even watched all of this set, but I need to point out :50-:59. The use of f2d dash cancel to threaten the opponent with two hits of armor and push then slowly to the corner, then confirm into 40+% damage. This is something all banes need to be able to do to play the character at a high level

@Grr
@chief713
@AK Black Preon
@OutlawNightmare
@Doombawkz
@SUPARNOVAX
@all other aspiring bane players

SUPARNOVAX

This is more footage from that nigga wetdoba! I havent even watched all of this set, but I need to point out :50-:59. The use of f2d dash cancel to threaten the opponent with two hits of armor and push then slowly to the corner, then confirm into 40+% damage. This is something all banes need to be able to do to play the character at a high level

@Grr
@chief713
@AK Black Preon
@OutlawNightmare
@Doombawkz
@SUPARNOVAX
@all other aspiring bane players
Yes, that's a good way to pressure too. It is much better than the idea of people regurgitating the Charge dash cancel suggestion that kept getting passed around like AIDS around here. f2d/f2 dash cancel makes it redundant.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Here is a quick compilation of our techs I made. All silent, because that's how good snuff films are.

OHVCS

DaOv

Fast Stands

Aug Tech (My favorite. Standing 3 has no use? Aug Tech!)
Appearently we can also Aug them with f.2, and we can really mess them up with f.2 dash cancel into combo. We can also appearently fuck with his wake-up tele by doing a VU. Once we can MB it openly, I can see that being some bastard-juice.

Aug 2- Reverse input boogaloo

Tick throws

Splat stands

No idea why theres no sound, but... yeah... theres no sound lol.

SUPARNOVAX

those quick stands may not have frame advantag, I never liked using anything like that.

I will have to look into it and see if it is or not because it doesn't look like you can throw out anything fast to continue pressure

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
those quick stands may not have frame advantag, I never liked using anything like that.

I will have to look into it and see if it is or not because it doesn't look like you can throw out anything fast to continue pressure
Actually a lot of them you can. Namely, b.1, command grab, etc. The dash is to cover for rolls, but you have more than enough time to work it and still benefit. Worst come to, normal throw is 10 frames and benefits, being probably the fastest option. All in all I'd say you have 30 frames to work with, with the fast stand forcing the opponent to decide the moment they hit the ground because theres technically no "knockdown" state like usual and they are forced to begin their wake-up in a matter of (I think) 8 frames or so.

If you mean the splat stands, no they are useless an we can't because they aren't cancelable.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I figure I'll post a little something here again.

This first video is for more beginner-level Banes looking to evolve their combos to get just that little bit more damage, wall carry, and meter.
Note its an incredibly small difference between this and j.d.3 b.23 123 BP, but as I said this is just for the most damage and carry.

This next video is a little something I've been working on the side. Its a grab-set up using DP and its pretty swanky. Ended it with the C.G.N.T. but yeah.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Any of you guys notice that on MB BP if we throw them behind us we can start moving before the screen fully pans out?

Just something small we can do, the buffer window is similar to what makes the N.T.C.G. work.

Heres a nice set-up we can do against someone like KF or the like.

We can also do a dash as a mid-screen option, and be safe before getting hit by a decent amount of standard wake-up attacks (corps charge included), which means dash cancelling into more specials is also an option. This includes a dash-cancelled body press, which means this is technically loopable. Against characters who lack a good mid-screen fast option, you can basically do this into a dash cancelled BP and it'll stuff out most wake-ups. With the next patch removing about 1/2 of the cast's grab immune wake-ups, this is only going to get more potent.

They CAN backdash it as long as they aren't thrown into a corner, however. At the same time, they won't be able to punish you so you've basically just set yourself up to keep pressuring.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

In each of these, our dropkick deals out 25%. The trades are pretty funny to look at. Especially since some characters do a decent chunk of their damage in the initial hit (10% or so for most).

Oh and an extra video I ended up putting aside in the midst of trying to get a mix-up working...

The glory of a low-immune b.3

That kung-fu air kick scene.

Wackiness ensues.