What's new

Breakthrough BANE moveset breakdown

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I didn't see any attempts to cancel sadly, but it looked like he could do 2 variants. One was a meter burn version that gave him an elbow drop follow up and the other is Venom enhanced. I really wish Batman had tried something vs Venom Bane Rush since I wanted to know if it had armor with Venom or if it was just durable to projectiles or stronger or something. Gonna hafta wait on this tidbit sadly. Hoping he can armor more than cancel though. One or the other is needed so here's hoping that it has one of these options in some manner.
I just hope there is a way to get in with going through projectiles lol. I can imagine being REALLY frustrated vs Green Arrow if he has no armor to get in

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
They made him a bit too clunky looking in terms of movement, he doesn't have the swift and clean animations like the other characters show so far.

Even Grundy's animations look slicker than Bane's.

And that other guy was right, so far he's looking a lot like Hakan.

I'm guessing that drop kick is going to have a shit ton of priority, and it'll probably do a ton of damage as well.

And I agree bane should be moving faster than that, he shouldn't be on Nightwing or Flash level of speed but he shouldn't be close to grundy's slow ass moves.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Or just give him a high priority air normal lol
I hope that turns out to be his dropkick. It could be held out like Haggar's and it should crossup like a champ. My only fears with it is that his hurtbox extends to his waster or below on that move making it vulnerable to everything and its low priority. If it was a high priority move it'd be a crossup and spacing tool for the ages.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
his anti air gotcha grab into helicopter slam at :55 is fast ... lookin like a white Jax on Green roids... #TRT

i want Bane .gifs

Cruz

Banned
There's some Goro/Kintaro in there for sure wich is nice to have it playable this time. :D

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
That "sit THE FUCK down" push move he has is just the tits. If that shit is even half safe, I'mma spam the hell out of it. Having a not-awful-on-block, simple poke like that which looks to cause a hard knockdown is a nice thing to have on character like this, which seems to be kind of Abel-ish. And that's the last time I'll ever acknowledge Street Fighter as existing.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
That "sit THE FUCK down" push move he has is just the tits. If that shit is even half safe, I'mma spam the hell out of it. Having a not-awful-on-block, simple poke like that which looks to cause a hard knockdown is a nice thing to have on character like this, which seems to be kind of Abel-ish. And that's the last time I'll ever acknowledge Street Fighter as existing.
I loved that rush move.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
colt make Bane's super like Kano's grab - unblockable and with shitload of damage.
I'd rather it have a normal attack startup and be able to combo into it. Kano's xray looks nice on paper, but without a semi-guaranteed setup into that damage, it turns into "3 bars and a dream" and that can quickly become a nightmare for you.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I'd rather it have a normal attack startup and be able to combo into it. Kano's xray looks nice on paper, but without a semi-guaranteed setup into that damage, it turns into "3 bars and a dream" and that can quickly become a nightmare for you.
So you want a semi-guaranteed setup-up for a guaranteed 41% unblockable armored move? Ok. And I'd rather have a guaranteed unblockable, unbreakable armored 41% than a combo that would result in almost same damage at the end.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So you want a semi-guaranteed setup-up for a guaranteed 41% unblockable armored move? Ok. And I'd rather have a guaranteed unblockable, unbreakable armored 41% than a combo that would result in almost same damage at the end.
41% in this game is nothing, that's not even 1/4th of your life. And also yes, having an actual setup into the Super would be awesome.

Edit: I totally misread your post, ignore what I said lol

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
41% in this game is nothing, that's not even 1/4th of your life. And also yes, having an actual setup into the Super would be awesome.

Edit: I totally misread your post, ignore what I said lol
I was about to add it should do around 60% if it had Kano's properties.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Yes, I would rather have a reliable means of getting the damage in instead of just throwing it out there, hoping my opponent is braindead and doesnt jump it and punch me in the dick

I never want to be in a position to spend full meter just to whiff and be punished.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Not certain if this was confirmed here yet or not but...

shoryuken said:
Supers have also been changed since the E3 build. At this point, most supers in the game are unblockable, so throwing out random supers in the middle of pressure is extremely powerful. (Editor’s Note: This is exactly how it was explained during the demonstration, though we now know that only Bane, Green Arrow, Solomon Grundy, and possibly Raven have access to unblockable supers.) They are very punishable if avoided, however, and some have a long start-up time, making them better suited for combos.
...Bane's super is an unblockable.

Big Frog

Noob
I'm craving more Bane knowledge. Like does his trait make him completely invincible to projectiles? I'd kill for a screen shot of his moveset. O well, couple more days to go.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
It is so weird that we haven't seen more of Bane. I think he is going to be a terror to deal with. The only vid we've seen has Bane stop fighting so Batman can win...his damage must be stupidly large.