What's new

Breakthrough BANE moveset breakdown

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

Point out anything you see.

My big notable's are it looks like he has:
  • Bane Rush move where he charges like Hulk's Gamma Charge. Can be followed up with a diving elbow that makes him go back the direction he came for an OTG follow up (possibly the charge variant or a cancel. It had a purple flash when it happened) (note its interrupted the first time by Batman's zipline. Not all versions may be armored)
  • Some kind of Air Grab is used during a combo. Possible AA
  • Looks to have some armor on a few moves, but I believe green flashes were on them so its likely the charge variant of those moves
  • Dropkick looks huge. Hoping for crossups.
  • Some kind of Push move is used to recover from a hit and he causes a knockdown with it.
Bane looks to be a power character with the kind of armor and tools that should make him hard to get off of you if he has the meter to get in. He looks like he has armor on moves that glow green to me, but its all still to be confirmed. If so he will be the kind of guy patient dudes like Mike Ross who love big damage punishes, AA grabs, and Armor would like.

shaowebb

I think so. What does Venom do? Is it damage or armor? I've seen green glows from others though during meter burn but there's is more of a flash or spark when it happens though...Bane was literally glowing and kept glowing for the duration of the move.

It likely is Venom, but is it armor or damage? If its just damage Then I'm not to worried about him with my Green Arrow as he can be knocked out of Bane rush by projectiles. Well...if the zipline counts as a projectile and not a grab that is.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
  • His Push move looks to create a lot of adv in the corner doesn't seem to flatten @29 secs
  • After he does his charge imbued with enough venom to turn his skin green Character trait?
  • @37 secs low starter?? into mid/high into aa grab (can grab be done separately or is it built into the string?) enough adv to dashup and possibly stop/Bait wake ups
  • @41 secs combos into a launcher then spends meter to knock bats back down LIKE A BAOSS (is it a launcher without the meter spending? can it be comboed from?
  • @56 secs Bane (Looks like he Jumps to aa the bat) does a aa grab (second one so far)
  • after he does a vertical hammer fist that launches both chars into the air then for some more meter DROP kicks the bat LIKE A BAOSS
  • @1:00 nice long reaching normal (kick), is it part of a string or is it one of the normals, Can it be canceled into a special more with gdlk hitconfirms
  • @1:18 Bane charge to at the cost of meter Elbow drop so Clark like (anyone who knows who clark is from KOF XIII will know what I mean) doesnt look to give any advantage

Super is combo able but no combo after doesnt get any adv bats is thrown too far away.

shaowebb

• His Push move looks to create a lot of adv in the corner doesn't seem to flatten @29 secs
  • After he does his charge imbued with enough venom to turn his skin green Character trait?
  • @37 secs low starter?? into mid/high into aa grab (can grab be done separately or is it built into the string?) enough adv to dashup and possibly stop/Bait wake ups
  • @41 secs combos into a launcher then spends meter to knock bats back down LIKE A BAOSS (is it a launcher without the meter spending? can it be comboed from?
  • @56 secs Bane (Looks like he Jumps to aa the bat) does a aa grab (second one so far)
  • after he does a vertical hammer fist that launches both chars into the air then for some more meter DROP kicks the bat LIKE A BAOSS
  • @1:00 nice long reaching normal (kick), is it part of a string or is it one of the normals, Can it be canceled into a special more with gdlk hitconfirms
  • @1:18 Bane charge to at the cost of meter Elbow drop so Clark like (anyone who knows who clark is from KOF XIII will know what I mean) doesnt look to give any advantage

Super is combo able but no combo after doesnt get any adv bats is thrown too far away.
So help me if he had an argentina back breaker and yelled "Come at me bro!" for a counter Hellpockets would cheer.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
I just posted a full analysis in the official bane thread. Have a look or of you could move it here that would be even better :)

shaowebb

I just posted a full analysis in the official bane thread. Have a look or of you could move it here that would be even better :)
Go ahead and move it here if you could. I don't want to steal your work in a post. This way it doesn't get buried 3 pages deep on that thread.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I bet Venom Injection is Bane's gimmick button special ability.. I'd figure that it boosts his strength and ability for a limited time.

However, it could also be a 1-bar MK9-style teporary damage boost special, but we didn't have the bars available to inspect.

Either way, expect Quan Chi-style boost shenanigans from Bane.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Analysis:
00:25 Stage interaction. Bane jumps up and throws the orb into Batman's face, causing knock down.
00:26 Bane has some kind of Rhyno charge (but is not completely invincible as Batman hits him with grapple during the move)
00:30 A push move? Er ok. Well at least it causes knock down and creates some distance so good for resetting the space game
00: 32: RHYNO CHARGE (might be EX version seeing as he flexed his biceps) Causes knock down and switches your positions (Good if your opponent is pressuring you into a corner, whip this bad-boy out and ooooh role reversal!)

00:38 Low stomp into shoulder barge (launcher) He can connect a throw after this
00: 39 punch chain combo causes ground bounce. He can follow this up with a turn punch that launches (in the vid he ends it with a jump smash attack where he ends up on the other side of opponent)
00:57 AA throw
00:59 Shoulder barge launcher. I think this is EX version because he flashes in mid air and performs a drop kick
01:18 RHYNO CHARGE EX version - adds on an elbow drop.
01:22 Stage interaction. Gives bane full combo (3 punch combo) - can then connect Super move, which is a grapple, during the juggle.
01:37 Full combo off whiffed battarangs (this one ends with a double axe handle smash that causes knock down)

Ok so Bane is kind of like a brawler-grappler hybrid. Interesting - will love to see how he turns out further down the line

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
I hope everyone realises that this isnt all the moves that he has they must have some there that are not ready to be seen yet I wanna see them

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Bane will definitely be in my top 3 characters. Going with a grappler, a fast rushdown, and either a zoner or gimmick character.
Loving this gameplay though!!!

LuciusAxelrod

Robot Ninja
Things we know about Bane:
-He's a wrestler, or wears a wrestling-themed mask.
-He has an attack that moves him across the screen that can be followed up with an attack that hits the opponent while they are on the ground.
-Anti-airs
-Grapple super
-Has a move that powers him up for a bit
-Would probably love his daughters if he had any

Hakan confirmed for Injustice.

Big Frog

Noob
Love teh way he looks so far.

Still hoping they didn't show everything, and he plays somewhat like Gief though. Him or Grundy at least.

By the way, when he starts his super with the "Yeeeaaaahhh", I came. Love that shit!!

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I wonder if that charging run is cancelable... that way we don't keep running straight into projectiles or grappling guns -_- lol

shaowebb

I wonder if that charging run is cancelable... that way we don't keep running straight into projectiles or grappling guns -_- lol
I didn't see any attempts to cancel sadly, but it looked like he could do 2 variants. One was a meter burn version that gave him an elbow drop follow up and the other is Venom enhanced. I really wish Batman had tried something vs Venom Bane Rush since I wanted to know if it had armor with Venom or if it was just durable to projectiles or stronger or something. Gonna hafta wait on this tidbit sadly. Hoping he can armor more than cancel though. One or the other is needed so here's hoping that it has one of these options in some manner.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Does he actually have any grappling moves we've seen? He looks more of a tank/brawler than a mix between the two.