What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

big_aug

Kombatant
You can punish Superman's Air Laser on reaction with lvl 3 venom charge. Works on MB version too.

You take no damage and he takes 32% if you MB.

As soon as he jumps, go to level 3 venom and charge and you'll catch him on the way down. If you're too slow he can block. If you're REALLY slow you'll eat the laser. If you play on a stick, this will be EASY. I only have my thumb to push the buttons on the controller which slows me down going from the x3 venom to the bf1.

Following up with a second charge is probably a good idea because you'll have lvl 3 venom and charge will stuff any wake up he has. If he jumps you'd go full screen again though, but you could recover venom and possibly bait another. So yea, if super man is jumping and doing lasers, you're getting 27% for sure and a chance for more.

After you practice the timing a little in training, it's actually really easy. We all know any easy way to bait it is to crouch at full screen.

It's probably been said before, but D1 is a free command grab on just about anyone if you have venom up and they don't jump. Most people don't jump out of D1s though. You don't even want to buffer it because it won't combo if you hit. That goes for any character, not just superman.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I'm tempted to show people that Bane's b.23 covers more distance than superman's f.23 does.

Go to training mode as superman vs Bane. Move superman precisely one part. Like one press backwards. Tap the back button once. This is how long his F23 hits.

Then, reset it. Move superman back that one pace. Go into 'record mode' and try hitting him with a B23. You won't be able to.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Go to training mode as superman vs Bane. Move superman precisely one part. Like one press backwards. Tap the back button once. This is how long his F23 hits.

Then, reset it. Move superman back that one pace. Go into 'record mode' and try hitting him with a B23. You won't be able to.
f.23 doesn't cover tech roll distance.
b.23 does, and then some.

JaredL

f.23 doesn't cover tech roll distance.
b.23 does, and then some.

After a dash, both cover it. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Supermans is clearly longer distance. Go test it out how I told you.

JaredL

OMG please not again. Superman's F23 is god mode, there is no way around it and Superman beats us 8-2. There, all done.

I'm not talking matchup, I'm talking fact. You can't say B23 is longer range. If you want to dispute the truth, fine. Go ahead and tell me that B23 is longer range, but I'm not arguing match ups.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

After a dash? What are you talking about. Bane does it without needing a dash. His b.23 goes that far.
Takes me 10 b.23s to do what takes him 11 f.23s to do, being getting across stryker's island.
On a backdash from a f.23 attempt, I can b.23 and it'll hit before f.23 can reach me again.

JaredL

After a dash? What are you talking about. Bane does it without needing a dash. His b.23 goes that far.
Takes me 10 b.23s to do what takes him 11 f.23s to do, being getting across stryker's island.
On a backdash from a f.23 attempt, I can b.23 and it'll hit before f.23 can reach me again.

B23 travels more, on the second hit. But the F2 travels much further than the B2.

And on the backdash, you've learned about wiff punishing, congratulations. That isn't because F23 has a shorter range, its because its still recovering.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
All agree:
1-Superman is, at least, a hard MU(from 5-5 to 0-10)
2-F23 its good
3-Supermans Trait fucks venom

So the relevance you give the points 2 and 3 is the result of the 1. So:
-F23 its da best normal move in the game, and supermans trait it's gdlk, so MU its 2-8/0-10 for sups
-F23 its good, but not a win button, and the trait it's not game over, so MU it's 4-6/5-5 for sups

After all, it's all about opinions. Maybe we are discussing about facts that can be proved or not, but at the end, it's our experiencie and opinion against the opinion of the rest. So if some of us find this MU impossible, and some find it hard but still winnable, neither of us is totally wrong or totally right.

So people, don't get mad. Let's have more constructive discussion. We all want to improve Bane's gameplay against the rest of the rooster

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
B23 travels more, on the second hit. But the F2 travels much further than the B2.
b.23 and f.23 cover almost the same amount of distance, with Bane's b.23 covering a bit more.

I guess it's not as clear as you thought.

And on the backdash, you've learned about wiff punishing, congratulations. That isn't because F23 has a shorter range, its because its still recovering.
Wanna know the best part? Superman can't backdash punish ours. Know why?
Because we go far enough to cover that distance.

JaredL

b.23 and f.23 cover almost the same amount of distance, with Bane's b.23 covering a bit more.

I guess it's not as clear as you thought.

Wanna know the best part? Superman can't backdash punish ours. Know why?
Because we go far enough to cover that distance.

Because superman has a shitter backdash. Not all backdashes are universal.

Banes backdash covers more distance. That's why that happens. I thought you'd have known this, I'm sorry you didn't.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Because superman has a shitter backdash. Not all backdashes are universal.

Banes backdash covers more distance. That's why that happens. I thought you'd have known this, I'm sorry you didn't.
Oh no, I knew. I figured I'd throw it out as a sort of "ha" type deal.
Obviously the humor was lost on you.

RWDY Nori

MK is kinda dope
So uh..........has anybody actually broke down Bane vs Bane? Me and Doombawkz played for about 3 hours last night online and found out quite a lot of fun stuff w/the mirror match

JaredL

Superman can't f.23 to punish Bane's backdash.
Bane can b.23 to punish his own backdash.

That's not the same as saying "I'm tempted to show people that Bane's b.23 covers more distance than superman's f.23 does."