What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I never personally have trouble with GL. As I said, slightly or even imo. Our dash basically negates the need to charge and once we are in his face, he is gonna have to work hard to get us out. I mean hard. Like Catwoman/raven hard. Also its not that hard, theres only one spot on the screen where the missle will land. Hell, if he uses air missle then charge him for free then if you can't do the dash. You should catch him on the way down.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I never personally have trouble with GL. As I said, slightly or even imo. Our dash basically negates the need to charge and once we are in his face, he is gonna have to work hard to get us out. I mean hard. Like Catwoman/raven hard. Also its not that hard, theres only one spot on the screen where the missle will land. Hell, if he uses air missle then charge him for free then if you can't do the dash. You should catch him on the way down.

He can catch your dash with meterburned oas rocket and machine gun.

You seem to be playing really terrible ones who do predictable jumps all day

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He can catch your dash with meterburned oas rocket and machine gun.

You seem to be playing really terrible ones who do predictable jumps all day
How much meter do you assume they have? Mind you we only need to get in once.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Machine gun costs no meter.

And meter is pretty free in this game. A single meterburned oas rocket is deadly.
Machine gun also has incredibad start-up and ending lag without meter burn. Also, level 3 venom.
Meter is free, but by the time we are in it doesn't matter outside of machine gun. And if you let that get off unpunished you are being lazy.

By the by, did you ever figure out what I said you were wrong about?

JaredL

Machine gun also has incredibad start-up and ending lag without meter burn. Also, level 3 venom.
Meter is free, but by the time we are in it doesn't matter outside of machine gun. And if you let that get off unpunished you are being lazy.

By the by, did you ever figure out what I said you were wrong about?

Level 3 doesn't stop machine gun which is meterburned. It simply comes out far too fast and it doesn't count as projectile immunity of level 3.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Like I said, you must play some terrible GLs if you didn't know that.
The GLs I play are fine, but I've plowed through EX machine gun plenty of times. Are you sure you are being accurate?
You assumed venom 2 gave you 2 hits of armor, after all ._.

JaredL

The GLs I play are fine, but I've plowed through EX machine gun plenty of times. Are you sure you are being accurate?
You assumed venom 2 gave you 2 hits of armor, after all ._.

Even the non traited non meterburned one stops level 3, just with some timing.

You really need to learn the match up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Even the non traited non meterburned one stops level 3, just with some timing.

You really need to learn the match up.
I don't know if I should take you seriously still... But if you say so. I'll take your word for it, even if it doesn't really correlate to my own experience in the situation.

JaredL

I don't know if I should take you seriously still... But if you say so. I'll take your word for it, even if it doesn't really correlate to my own experience in the situation.

Go in training mode. Pick Bane. Pick GL as your opponent. Have him use machine gun. Use bane. Go to level 3. Charge through it.

Tell me how that correlates to your results.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Go in training mode. Pick Bane. Pick GL as your opponent. Have him use machine gun. Use bane. Go to level 3. Charge through it.

Tell me how that correlates to your results.
I seemed to double punch through it just fine, and even using the long start-up of charge I got through. But I do see what you mean, it ticks as an armor count.

JaredL

I seemed to double punch through it just fine, and even using the long start-up of charge I got through. But I do see what you mean, it ticks as an armor count.

Double punch is up close. If you are at that range, then its not a factor.

I was talking about getting in, and you can't just get in.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Double punch is up close. If you are at that range, then its not a factor.

I was talking about getting in, and you can't just get in.
To be fair, if he is throwing it out that far away they aren't making much for reads. On top of its somewhat lengthly start-up and all, unless you are just doing reckless charges in then the gun shouldn't pose too much of a threat. Up close it doesn't push us out of f.2d range, and from a distance it doesn't push back much at all. One dash covers the distance enough to make us a threat.

JaredL

To be fair, if he is throwing it out that far away they aren't making much for reads. On top of its somewhat lengthly start-up and all, unless you are just doing reckless charges in then the gun shouldn't pose too much of a threat. Up close it doesn't push us out of f.2d range, and from a distance it doesn't push back much at all. One dash covers the distance enough to make us a threat.

He wouldn't use it at full screen obviously, just when you are advancing and getting closer.

And after machine gun on block he can very easily back dash or jump back.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He wouldn't use it at full screen obviously, just when you are advancing and getting closer.

And after machine gun on block he can very easily back dash or jump back.
Just like with meter, theres only so much distance that'll work with. He would be putting himself in the corner and only amounting about... 10% in chip for half a stage's worth of movement. That and with our floaty jump we can actually just jump over his minigun... and his missles.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Just like with meter, theres only so much distance that'll work with. He would be putting himself in the corner and only amounting about... 10% in chip for half a stage's worth of movement. That and with our floaty jump we can actually just jump over his minigun... and his missles.
No you can't. You can't jump over missile or minigun on reaction. Missile is too fast and minigun can be MB on reaction to AA. And if you get into the habit of trying to jump pre-emptively to catch those moves, you're gonna be eating Lantern Might combos for free. Jared's interpretation of the MU is more in line with what I deal with when I fight GL.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
No you can't. You can't jump over missile or minigun on reaction. Missile is too fast and minigun can be MB on reaction to AA. And if you get into the habit of trying to jump pre-emptively to catch those moves, you're gonna be eating Lantern Might combos for free. Jared's interpretation of the MU is more in line with what I deal with when I fight GL.
Missile isn't all that fast to me, and as I said you only have so much meter. The lift though yeah provides some problems but if you honestly see them tossing out minigun every time you approach you can snag a free jump off of the read.

Also, turns out minigun is low immune. Go figure.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
If GL takes you with: B1, Lantern Might, Grounded Oa rocket... Then you eat 30-50% damage easily, more it the venom gets off mid combo. All this MU it's about to trade, hit him with an armored move, so he can't get a combo. As you say, GL it's nothing about guessing, if you fail, you die. This match it's all about punish, react in time one unsafe move of GL with something that gives you advantage, and repeat

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Missile isn't all that fast to me, and as I said you only have so much meter. The lift though yeah provides some problems but if you honestly see them tossing out minigun every time you approach you can snag a free jump off of the read.

Also, turns out minigun is low immune. Go figure.
It's not fast at full screen, but that's not where you need to be. At midscreen, it's not feasible or worth it to try and jump over missile on reaction. Block and dash is all you can do, and MB minigun makes that a pain. Even when you finally dash into a comfortable range, b1 has ridiculous reach and he gets some nice stuff off of that, on hit and block. The MU is ass.

RWDY Nori

MK is kinda dope
GL isn't that bad. He's another character with no wake up options. Once you get the knockdown, it's bad news
I like crossing up w/body splash and LM is so annoying. I try to poke him and he wakes up w/LM. B1 has insane range as a low, it's fantastic. I'm convinced this is by and far his worst matchup. At least w/Batman/Superman, I feel I can get in and stay in. GL, it's so hard to bait out the LM. The green bastard totally throws me off my game